TRANSFORMERS Appreciation Thread 2009

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by LordOptimus, Jun 28, 2009.

1. LordOptimus

LordOptimus Prime

Welcome all Transformers Fans alike! This thread is for all of you who grew up with Transformers all their life or most of their life. All who are newer Fans are welcome too, but before posting, there are a few select rules to follow (below). Here is how this thread will work:

1) Tell us why/how you became a fan/what got you started/what you began to like or love about Transformers....if it started with Diaclone, a toy, TV episode, comic, or anything Transformers.
    2) Then, tell us who your favorite Transformer character is, and WHY, and if you were a Transformer, who wouldnyou be, and WHY (you may be your favorite or a different character).
    3) Then, tell us which faction you like better, Autobot, Decepticon, or Neutral, and WHY.
    4) Then, tell us what you would do with Transformers, whether it be making new or making changes to comics, TV show, toy line, or movie, and WHAT about any of it you would change.
    5) "(my Favorite character) Transform! "
    [NOTE: More rules may be added if necessary at discretion of Board Leaders.]

RULES:
    1.) post according to the above and the below Example.
    2.) NO flaming, NO picking on, and NO making fun of anyone's posts in any way. Only complements can be made about another member's post.
    3.) No spamming.
    4.) All board members are encouraged to post! :thumbs2:  Including Mods, Super Mods, Administrators, and all lower ranks.
    5.) You are not required to post how long you have been a fan, but you may at your own discretion.

(NOTE: This EXAMPLE below is not real, being only an example.)
    This is something like how your post should look:
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

1) Hi, I became a Transformers fan when I discovered the Diaclone toy line. I followed the toys until the G1 series aired on TV. It was then that I fell in love. The show was really cool to watch. The G1 toys were hitting the shelves, and I had to have them all, so I could watch the cartoon with all my new toys. It was the real start for me when I discovered Diaclone, but since then, I've stuck with it, and I'm loving how Transformers is still such a hot thing like it was 2 decades ago!.....

2) My favorite Transformer is Optimus Prime. He is a fiercely strong leader, yet kind in spirit, courageous, enduring, caring, always puts his fellow bots ahead of his own interests as long as it doesn't create conflict, and is probably the most powerful Transformer there is.....

3) I'm an Autobot. I like the Autobots because they are the light side faction. They triumph through almost everything, and they have always shown how great teamwork can be. Plus they are just so cool, and have the coolest characters on their side.....

4) Gee, I don't know if I would change anything, but if anything at all, I might would make an Online show series of a comedy Transformers series. I might would change some toy lines, like adding new/more characters to the Classics toy line, or change keeping Jazz from getting scrapped in the 2007 Movie.....

5) Optimus Prime, transform!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Thanks to everyone for your Transformers Support.
    Now Transformers, post, and roll out!

Last edited: Jun 28, 2009
  2. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'll take a stab at it! (since it's required and all... ;) )

1) Benny's 1984, End Cap display, Minibots on top, Prime and Megatron on the bottom. Went home with a red 'bee, and before long had a few more for B-Day and X-Mas, and got sucked in by the cartoon. It's been undeniable gravity ever since.

2) Dead tie between Rodimus Prime, and Lio Junior. The mythic quality of hidden power, chosen hero, and the least-likely champion that they both embody simply sings to me.

3) Though my top characters are Cybertrons, I'm a 'Con man! Too many delicious characters, and I also enjoy the potential to see them as reactionist-xenophobes who are merely acting in what they see as the best interest of the race. "Peace through Tyranny" has some real magic in it. It's a perspective that's interesting to contemplate.

4) I would love to give Battlestars some proper media. It's one of my favorite story-lines, and it's never been done any justice. I'd also like to make sure every transfan watched BWII & BW Neo from beginning to end with an open mind. There's a LOT of under appreciated material in there!

5) Then, say " Rodimus Convoy Transform! "

D/L

3. deltaprime

deltaprime The Christian Transfan

News Credits:
    I'm not sure if everyone will post, but it's a pretty good idea. I'll start.

1. The series that got me started on Transformers is RID. My dad baught my brother and I Spychangers Ironhide and Prowl. Eventually, we got into collecting the combiners from the line (Ruination and Landfill.) The cartoon got my interest, and I watched it every Saturday morning.

2. My favorite character is probably Bumblebee (G1). He's just friendly and I like the fact that he uses his shortness to his advantage rather than let it be a burden to him. If I were a Transformer, I'd probably be Mirage. He's supposedly rich, and he turns into a race car. That sounds pretty awesome to me.

3. I'd be an Autobot for sure. I like to do the right thing and help people. I'm not really evil at all. Crazy-yes, evil-no.

4. I'd make two different TV series of Transformers: one is kiddy and made for a newer generation, and the other is for the older fans and it would have more "fanwank" in it. Of course, there'd be two toylines going, pretty much like Animated and Universe, but taking it a step further.

5. Bumblebee, transform! (I don't really get the point of this one, but ok.)

4. Nemesis Chris

Nemesis Chris mental minibot

1. I got into TF in g1. i don't know how or why i got so into them, but i have always gravitated towards them, i love em now just as much as i did then. 2 decades and some change.

2. my favorite character was soundwave. he had undying loyalty to megatron, but had his own ambitions, he didn't mind stepping on peoples toes to get ahead. he is a mastermind, plus all his cassette minions are awesome as well.

3. decepticons all the way. i'd say i'm just too rough around the edges to be a 'bot.

4. i'd continue on with animated for another season or so, and maybe a reissue of g1, or redo g1 episodes with better animation but keep the same characters, storylines, character designs.

5. soundwave transform....ravage, laserbeak, frenzy, rumble transform for operation 'i don't really know why i had to type this'

5. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    1. As a kid my friend had a G2 Optimus Prime which he hated and I loved. My parents would never get me OP so I watched the '86 movie countless times to furfill my Transformers needs.

2. My favorite character was Hot Rod. He was just the bot who stepped up to the plate in my eyes.

3. I'm an Autobot. I'm too much of a nice guy to be a 'con.

4. Anything that deals with Transformers I wouldn't change. I love the franchise way too much. If I wanna see anything though, I'd want to se Animated for another season.

5. Hot Rod, Transform!

6. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    1) I became a fan when I saw Optimus on a bed sheet in a JCPenny catalog. That year I got Prime, Soundwave and Megatron for X-mas. I quickly broke Megs' head off
    2) my favorite character is Grimlock. Please see the War Within comics, "he's badass". In the cartoons he was tough as nails and then later, funny as hell. Hell, In the comics, he led the autobots. One of my favorite Grimlock moments? The DW/GIjoe crossover where Roadblock is yelling at him.
    3) Autobot. Can't help it, I'm a good guy.
    4) if it was up to me, A) finish the DW G1 comic B) a 4th season of Animated or a continuation of C) direct to DVD Classics cartoons
    5) "Me Grimlock, BADASS"[/QUOTE]

7. Cmdr Prime

Cmdr Prime co-Commander of Autobots TFW2005 Supporter

1-It all started in 1984 for me when I saw TF on the tv then I was hooked then I went out to my local video store and got the video's [at the time then after the TF Movie[1986] there was nothing then came the Unicron Trilogy then I started collecting the DVD's I have G1, Beast Wars, Aramada, Energon and Cybertron

2-My favorite Tf Character is Optimus Prime of every continuity

3-My faction is always an Autobot

4-I wouldn't change anything

5-As I said before my favorite Character is Optimus Prime Transform! and roll out:thumbs2: 

Last edited: Jun 30, 2009
  8. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

1) Like many, TF's ruled the toybox as a kid with G1. Fast foward through puberty until 1996, I stumble upon some Beast Wars.
    Bought Prime & Megatron just for fun and displayed them in the closet.
    Weeks went by and more & more were added.
    Eventually I was hooked and the closet just could'nt contain them all.
    That's when family & friends knew I was a nerd for sure,and the little cover up lies were'nt working anymore.

2) G1 Megatron, because he was always at the front lines in about every battle, and went head to head with anyone who would cross him.
    Even with his cannon, he chose to often use his bare hands, even when fighting Prime. He always stuck with his troops, well mostly when he he went along for the ride (next week it'll be someone different probably)

3) Decepticon. Darker scheme, cooler colors, the option to change sides & fight dirty, robot flight mode, guns.

4) Would change nothing, well maybe the small nitpickish stuff on random things. Im pretty overwhelmed these days. TF crap everywhere now, so if there's something I want/need, It's probably out there.

5) I also LOVE the Cybertron Scattershot (Universe Dropshot) mold.
    Easy transformation, good articulation and guns galore

9. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

1) I got a few Beast Wars toys when that was going on, but I didn't get to see the show. Cut to 2003, when I moved house and was INCREDIBLY bored one day and found what kind of shizer was in my drawers. Lo and behold, there were all my BW stuff. After I managed to steal nearly all of my two brother's toys (Fathead wasn't budging on the TM2 Cheetor), I went to Big W and managed to get a Universe Ruination for Christmas. After some Energon toys to make my good guys and bad guys even, I then got more and more...right at the start of Cybertron (aka Awesome Toys Start Here)...then I found TFW2005...and here I am, 118 toys, 26 Robot Heroes, two entire series pinched off YouTube, the first Bay film on DVD and no sign of stopping.
    2) I've always liked Bumblebee, though that was mainly for the fact that he's a Beetle and my family despises them in the tradition manner.
    3) Autobot/Maximal. Easy.
    4) Have me as a designer/fandom correspondent! Back to reality, I'd change sod all. It's 100% Win as is.
    5) "Bumblebee, transform! "

10. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    1) Came home from school and turnedon the Tv and thereit was the show that changed my life, been a big fan ever since
    2) Optimus Prime he has always been awesome and always done what had to be done "no matter the cost"
    3) , Autobot Im naturaly a good guy
    4) a wide US rerelease of G1 figures NO store exclusive unless they were just repaints of another figure (EX: Bluestreak and Smokescreen are repaints of Prowl) and those who can't be sold in US re engineered so they can pass current toy safety laws
    5) "Optimus Prime Transform! "

11. snavej

snavej Zone 6 dweller, off-peak traveller

News Credits:
    1) Getting started - I read Transformers UK G1 comic no. 25 at a boy scout camp in 1986.
    2) Favourite character - Megatron (any version) - he has incredible self-belief and motivation. What character would I be - Cosmos (G1 or similar) - usually in space, away from the crowds, relatively safe, sees a lot from orbit.
    3) Preferred faction - neutral, but switching to Autobot in war. Anything to avoid horrendous life in Decepticon army and to resist their attacks. Can you imagine being stuck in the Decepticon army, being intimidated, threatened and attacked every day by commanders and 'comrades'?!
    4) I already write some Transformer stories (see TFArchive.com). I would like to write more but ideas don't come easy. The current system of new toy characters every 1-2 years should probably continue for commercial reasons and also because there are so many character possibilities. I wish that we could find a way to understand advanced Transformer technology. If we could, then we might gain new insights into their capabilities. Transformers are cybernetic, so they should be mentally networked whenever practical. We don't see enough of that. Unfortunately for them, such networking could make them vulnerable to a very clever and powerful attack.
    5) "Megatron Transform!" (into a small gun that fits into a handbag!)

12. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    1) I became a fan watching Beast Wars as a kid.
    2) Optimus Prime is my favourite character because he is wise, strong, noble, caring and so on, but Ratchet is the character I see myself as most like because he is intelligent and helpful, taking a more supportive role.
    3) I suppose I'm neutral because if a storyline was all Autobots or Decepticons, it'd be boring. The great thing about Transformers is the well developed characters on both sides.
    4) My hope for Transformers is that it keeps evolving.
    5) "Optimus Prime transform! "

13. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

1.) X-Mas 1984: I received 4 little toy cars that could turn into robots (Huffer, Brawn, Windcharger, and Gears). It was like having a GI Joe, Hot Wheels and Rubik's Cube all in one toy. Absolutely BLEW my mind. I didn't know there were more of them so I made Windcharger the leader. Then my friend across the street told me about Optimus Prime and the rest as they say is history.
    2.) Shockwave. If Spock were an evil robot that turned into a giant space gun that's what Shockwave is. And there's no part of that that sucks. I actually get to roleplay Shockwave in a D&D style TF campaign that I run.
    3.) Decepticon. They just had cooler characters that turned into cooler stuff.
    4.) I would like to see the G1 cartoon redone with the characters being true to what they were on their tech specs.
    5.) "Shockwave... TRANSFORM!!"

14. LordOptimus

LordOptimus Prime

BUMP

15. LordOptimus

LordOptimus Prime

Come on, everyone has a story! Post people! :)  :thumbs2: 

16. Vexza

Vexza Nerdicon

1) I got started on Transformers when my mom took me to see the 2007 movie... I became a collector earlier this year when I started watching Transformers Animated.

2) My two favorite characters are Jetfire and Jetstorm from TFA, and I can't split those two apart to pick one. ^^ Why? I honestly don't know. They're just awesome. If I was a Transformer, I would be... xeno_san's Thorn. Yeah, that's right. I'm a girl, she's a girl. She's awesome, I'm awesome. xD And I would probably end up doing her job as an Autobot. As a Decepticon, I'm not sure. Same thing. xP

3) Decepticon. ... Because they're awesome. And... I just like them better. I dunno.

4) I would give TFA season four!

5) "Jetfire and Jetstorm, Transform! "

17. ironarm

ironarm SHALL RETURN IN NOVEMBER

at freinds house one night and saw the episode "enter the nightbird".

Ironhide becuz he was second in command during season 1-2

autobot like being hero

make a new transformer tv show

Ironhide,Transform!!!

18. Elita

Elita Lord Optimus' Femmebot

1) I used to watch some of the original T-formers series when I was younger, and I didn't really pick up on the show again until Energon started playing after school. I started dating and later became engaged to LordOptimus, so Transformers became a common ground for us, and he taught me lots about the series and figures.

2) Elita One, but there's not a lot of info on her. I think she was only in one episode. I like Arcee too. Reason being: I'm a chick and I like pink. =]

3) Autobot, because I'd be betraying Optimus if I picked anything else.

4) Um, I wouldn't want Animated to be part of the whole picture. I'd get rid of it if I could. I've tried to watch it once or twice since it started, just don't like it. I can't stand the animation, they hardly look like Transformers anymore. It seems a little juvenile, is all.

5) "Elita Transform!"

19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    1) Beast Wars brought me in. Cars that turned into robots was cool, but mimicking actual animals was awesome. The characters were awesome, the stories were great and the toys rocked.

2) My favourite character is either Optimus from TFA, Optimus from the Movie, Jetfire from the movie, Sky-Byte from RID (for his toy) and others. I don't have just one.

3) Autobots are usually more interesting, relatable and nicer. Decepticons are cool too, though.

4) Now? I wouldn't change a thing.

5) I don't like the whole "-name-, transform!" enforced by Japanese dubs. At least Beast Wars madde it command codes and eventually stopped using them.

20. Kup-is-Dion

Kup-is-Dion Lord Cthulhu

1)I got started in 1984, after getting bored with Masters of the Universe. At least that's what my mother tells me, I'm not going to pretend I can remember what was going through my 6 year old mind.

2)Favorite character, gee I wonder! Sideswipe is awesomeness it's self!

3)Autobots, always Autobots. The Decepticons, for me, were only there for the Autobots to smack around.

4)I would give more screen time to Sideswipe. Maybe even give him his own Series!

5)Sideswipe loves you!