Transformers Animated - Torrents and Showtimes Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Darkprime, Jan 4, 2008.

1. Darkprime

Darkprime Antigrav Singular Destron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    After doing encodes on the Unicron Trilogy, I'm back with your weekly torrents for TF: Animated. I'm on the east coast, so expect this thread to be updated roughly 30-60 minutes after a new episode airs on Cartoon Network with a link to the current Torrent or direct download from Megaupload.

Episodes 1-16: Please buy the DVDs
    Episodes 17-29: Please buy the DVD (released January 6, 2009)

TORRENTS - ALL DOWN
    Transformers Animated Season 3

MegaUpload Semi-Direct Downloads
    Transformers Animated Season 3
    TF Animated Season 3 Premeire: Transwarped (HIGH QUALITY, 468 Megabytes)
    Transformers Animated - 30 - Transwarped, Part 1 (High Quality, 168 MB)
    Transformers Animated - 31 - Transwarped, Part 2 (High Quality, 151 MB)
    Transformers Animated - 32 - Transwarped, Part 3 (High Quality, 159 MB)
    Transformers Animated - 33 - Three's a Crowd (High Quality, 138 MB)
    Transformers Animated - 34 - Where is Thy Sting (High Quality, 130 MB)
    Transformers Animated - 35 - Five Servos of Doom (High Quality, 130 MB)
    Transformers Animated - 36 - Predacons Rising (High Quality, 152 MB)
    Transformers Animated - 37 - Human Error, Part 1 (High Quality, 178 MB)
    Transformers Animated - 38 - Human Error, Part 2 (High Quality, 185 MB)
    Transformers Animated - 39 - Decepticon Air (High Quality, 150 MB)
    Transformers Animated - 40 - This is Why I Hate Machines (High Quality, 143 MB)
    Transformers Animated - 41 - Endgame, Part 1 (High Quality, 127 MB)
    Transformers Animated - 42 - Endgame, Part 2 (High Quality, 214 MB)

---------------

Below is a list of all confirmed, future airings of Transformers Animated. Using the times below as a reference will help you determine when to check this thread for torrent updates.

Cartoon Network
    No New Episodes

Weekday Airings - Click me for times!

Last edited: Jun 21, 2009
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Darkprime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    FAQ on TF: Animated Torrents

1.) What do I need to watch these episodes?

You will need a media player (such as windows media player) and XVID video codecs installed.

2.) How do I download/watch a torrent?

I assume then you are new to the world of torrents. Torrents are simply tiny little files that tell you how a bigger file is split up and how to download those little pieces. To actually download the little pieces, you need a Bit Torrent Client, such as "Bit Torrent" or my favorite, "Azureus". Once you have downloaded your torrent file, you open it with the bit torrent client. At that point, the download of the actual video file described by the torrent will begin to download. Please do a google search on torrents if you want to know more.

3.) How long will the episodes be available for download?

Since I'm hosting the torrents myself and have limited bandwidth, I try to keep episodes hosted for 3 weeks or so after the episode airs. If no one else is sharing the episode, I'll kill the torrent, so please try to share the file for a little while after downloading it. If a commercially available version of the episode is released, such as on a DVD, I will immediately pull the plug on all such available episodes.

4.) Isn't this Illegal???

I hear this one over and over and it really depends on who you ask. It definitely is a gray area. The general rule of thumb is that since it's broadcast on tv for anyone to see, a copy of that broadcast is ok. However, if this were a copy of say a DVD, that would totally be illegal because the owner of that DVD has no right to distribute copies of it. Like I said, it's a gray area and TFW2005 does not have a problem with these torrents so long as the source material remains a copy of a broadcast.

5.) Wow, this is great! Can I pay you as a thank you or to keep up the work?

ABSOLUTELY NOT! If I were to accept a penny for this work and if Hasbro/Cartoon Network ever found out about it, I would be taken away so fast Blurr couldn't even keep up.

6.) ARGH! Audio or Video skips around, what gives?!?!

I feel your pain, but most likely this is due to a problem on your computer. Most of the people who have these problems are those who downloaded great big "CODEC" packs falsely thinking they would get everything they need to play all files. Most of these packs have conflicts in them by installing too many similar codecs, old versions, or just simply have bad installers. Sure, they may work out for a bunch of things, but maybe they won't. If you have problems and did install such a pack, I suggest uninstalling it and just install the codecs you need, in this case a fresh copy of Xvid and maybe Divx as well.

3. D.Lloyd1990

D.Lloyd1990 Avid Gamer

Will They be in High Quality ?

4. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

Hey, if you have it, can you stick a link to the Movie Length premiere in your first post?

Thanks.

5. Darkprime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I will do a link to the movie premiere when I get my own encode of the movie. My hope is to keep the movie around 450 megabytes (the main one floating around the net is around 700 megs).

6. Darkprime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I used to use Divx but have switched over to Xvid just recently. As such, from what I've been experimenting in encoding animation lately, the videos are encoded at 512x384 resolution at 23.96 FPS. I am also aiming to keep the file size around 150 megabytes. I think the quality is better than my past Divx encodes, but that's just me. The thing that limits the quality the most is a less than stellar cable feed in my house for Cartoon Network. Just watch the first encode tomorrow and give me your feedback.

7. McBradders

Waiiiiit, Xvid doesn't work on either PS3 or Xbox 360, does it? :( 

8. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cool thanks man. Not to employ being a beggar an chooser, but that 700MB Movie was almost pristine, so i don't mind the extra file size. They're all going to my PS3 anyway :D .

Still for a 22 min episode 150 should look fine.

Thanks for doing this again DP, you were my hero during the Unicron Trilogy.

Yup, I moved the Movie straight from my PC to my PS3 and it worked fine. This being the 700MB Xvid version

9. McBradders

Thank goodness, carry on :3

10. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Nice one Dark Prime, you were my saviour throughout Cybertron, and it seems you shall be so again! Kudos to you sir!

11. Darkprime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Quick question: how did any of you move your xvid copy of the first 3 eps/movie to your ps3? I streamed them via tversity, but didn't know you could copy them?

12. McBradders

I streamed it from my PC, but you can do it on Memory Cards, iPods or other USB memory devices.

13. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah I store them in the PS3 hardrive. Moved them with my PSP mem stick. Hey Twist, do you know of a good online tutorial on how to stream video from your PC to PS3? It was very easy to do on my 350, but I can't seem to get it to work on the PS3.

14. D.Lloyd1990

D.Lloyd1990 Avid Gamer

Ok I've just got Bit Torrent installed on my Computer. So Good Luck on doing these torrents ;]

15. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Thanks again Dark Prime. You're aces.

16. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    will there be a youtube thread or is that taboo? pm me

17. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

I would actually like to know this too. I have work in the morning, and I can't watch the show.

If it isn't taboo, would it be OK if someone started and stickied an "Official Transformers Animated Youtube Thread" and posted Youtube links for the most recent episodes?

Of course, if this is taboo, then please feel free to delete this post. Not trying to cause trouble or do anything illegal.

18. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    I'm so glad that I work nights,so I can catch the episode here in a few hours.

Also,thanks DP for doing this,I know I will be downloading these.

19. McBradders

I had the opposite trouble. I just went ahead and did it on the PS3, whereas the 360 gave me a kajillion headaches :/

20. McBradders

There won't be any more stickies for a while, but if you want to compile a list of current youtube links, I am sure we can find somewhere to put them.