Transformers Animated the movie????

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by MTME, Jul 20, 2009.

1. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hi,
    Forgive for I am new to the (now former) Transformers Animated series.
    I was flipping through channels when I noticed Cartoon Network was showing something they titled Transformers Animated: The Movie. It was about 90 minutes long with commercials. I only got to grab a quick glance as I had to leave but all I saw was what appeared to be Bumblebee with bandages around his midsection. Is this a movie or just a series of episodes combined together? If it is a movie where does it fit in in the series?

Forgive me if it sounds like a dumb question but I am just starting the Transformers Animated Series (as it is now being shown on Cartoon Network early in the morning). I already have a favorite (see avatar).

Thank you in advance for you answers.

P.S. If you think there is anything "special" I need to know about this series that would be great too. (Like why Prowl's horns are longer in the final episodes then in the beginning)

2. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bandages 'round the middile? That sounds like "TransWarped", which was the first three episodes of the third season of the show, combined to make a movie. As for Prowl's horns, that's dealt with in the course of the third season, but long story short - he gets some sweet new armour about halfway through, including a helmet with bigger horns.

3. Yaujta

Yaujta Not a Bear TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It was Transwarped. Misleading listing, but just three episodes together.

4. jonatron26

jonatron26 Well-Known Member

i wish they makd a feature film like how they did clone wars and release it on dvd

5. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

If I remember correctly, they also combined the first three episodes of Animated -- Transform and Roll Out parts 1-3 -- into a movie that was released on DVD.

So... no... there really isn't a true Animated "movie," just the three-part episodes getting combined into one.

6. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Much appreciated guys! I figured that is probably what is was, just wanted to make sure though.
    Oh BTW after spoiling myself and seeing the final episode but watching a few of the early episodes, where the hell is Jazz, then he is in the later episodes?
    All will be explained right? And, uh, no Ironhide?

7. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Correct.

I as just watching Transform and Roll Out today with my family's newest fan of Transformers: my 4-year old nephew. I was thinking to myself ithat it could've had one more season or at least a three-parter or the comics to wrap things up nicely.
    At BotCon, they said Sari's mystery was one of the first things they came up with for the show yet due to executive meddling and so-called poor marketing, it couldn't be resolved with other variuos things.

8. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    THanks Aniprowl
    after getting through most of the first season...

Ok SPOILERS in my question:
    If Sari's key can just make everything all better again, like bring Optimus Prime back to life in the first episode, why can't she do the same for Prowl in the last episode,
    let me guess all will be explained?

9. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    watch transwarped and it'll be explained why she couldnt use the key.