Transformers Animated: The Cool issue 08 translated

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by DrSpengler, Nov 5, 2010.

1. DrSpengler

DrSpengler The Real Ghostbuster

The Cool issue 08 in English

I loved Megatron tossing Starscream's severed head to Mixmaster. "Mixmaster! Install this."

Otherwise, just another episode adaptation with some snazzy art (depending on whether you like Tsushima or not, I suppose). I couldn't think of any way to translate that last narrative caption without it sounding like a puberty joke. Sorry.

Even as an adaptation of "A Bridge Too Close part II", there's some disconnect with the last installment. Sumdac using the Headmaster unit on Starscream between issues I'm fine with, but Blurr just vanishes from the story before the Space Bridge goes haywire and he gets sucked into it.

I guess he got bored and went home.

2. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    (last panel: ) Serious Sumdac is serious. :) 

3. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    Megatron apparently defeats all the clones on his own and Optimus super-sidekicks Megs into the spacebridge. I suppose it's cool to see these superior, pumped-up versions of the leaders.

Thanks for the translation again, DrSpengler.

4. DrSpengler

Yeah, even though the stories aren't original, its still fun to see what he changes in the action. Kind of reminds me of the "Terminator 3" manga. It followed all the same story and plot beats as the movie, but the action sequences were very different and more over-the-top.

5. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Thanks for the scans/translations. Not the best issue, but one of the better ones.

6. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    The panel where Omega obliterates the Seekers in one shot gave me a good laugh. Reminds me of how funny it was in the actual show. :lol  He just says, "Sorry, outta time to play!" And with one shot obliterates em. Good times, good times.

This is probably the last time Mixmaster will appear in the Cool, seeing as the Constructicon episodes were never aired, with no toys on the shelves for them. However, Three's a Crowd aired in Japan didn't it? Odd.

I'm really surprised with how fast Japan's going through Animated. Makes me wonder if it's had a long enough time to get a good following over there like in the States, with how rushed it seems to be. I guess they're trying to catch up with us and get TF: Prime and Dark of the Moon.

7. DrSpengler

Yeah, Animated will end its television run in Japan this December. So with that in mind, The Cool likely only has an issue or two left in it. Make me wonder what episodes Tsushima is going to adapt with only a couple installments left? Will he just skip straight to "Endgame"?

A collected edition of The Cool is coming out in April, 2011. It may have bonus stories in it to fill space, as each chapter of the actual comic was so short. Maybe we'll get something interesting out of that?

2010 is probably gonna be all about United and Dark of the Moon in Japan. United may get a manga like its predecessor, Henkei! Henkei! did. The Henkei! manga ended on a cliffhanger, so if they tap Tsushima for a United manga, it may even be a sequel. I'd love to see manga-style spins on Straxus and, especially, Drift (oh, that would be hilarious).

No idea about Prime. It may end up like Animated it take an extra year or more following the US premier for it to show up in Japan. We'll have to wait and see on that.

8. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Aw, they're not REALLY, it just seems that way to us cause we had to wait a damn year between seasons. They're not going FAST, they're just showing the third season immediately after the second. It's Japanese TV, they don't take big lengthy breaks! It's going to wind up lasting as long as, say, Car Robots did over there.

9. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    My best guess is that they had to include three's a crowd to explain Scrapper in the Replacement Autobots in Human Error I and II and where the Space Bridge on the roof of Sumdac Tower comes from.

Personally I would've cut it and included Nature Calls, but whatever.