Transformers Animated: The Cool Extra #1 (translated)

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by DrSpengler, Feb 26, 2011.

1. DrSpengler

DrSpengler The Real Ghostbuster

The Cool Extra issue 01

Alright, here's the first issue of The Cool Extra, taking place sort of in the middle of The Cool #9 or thereabouts.

I honestly don't remember "This is Why I Hate Machines" very much, which is the episode where the bulk of this plot comes from, but Ultra Magnus was unconcious during the whole of Ratchet's fight with Shockwave, right? I certainly don't remember Magnus giving any final words from his deathbed, anyway.

Shockwave kinda went out like a punk.

And we've got at least one more issue left! The next one's gonna be about Rodimus.

2. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd have to go watch the episode again, but yeah - in the cartoon Magnus was comatose through the end of the series by that point. I don't remember if he appeared in "...I Hate Machines" at all, since the plot was more about getting to Arcee. Too bad Fanzone was cut out of this altogether.

Fun manga, though I'm occasionally disappointed that these "fill-ins" and divergences appear to make the story less interesting/more conventional to me.

3. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    Magnus' body does show up. As they end up in the hospital, and Shockwave's about to finish him off before Ratchet intervenes.

4. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    Don't you just love how Shockwave basically jumps out at Ratchet and reveals himself as a Decepticon spy? LOL! So much for subtlety there, Shocky. Of course the real Shockwave would never have taken such a blatant risk whilst acting undercover.

It was mildly interesting though to see Ultra Magnus actually tell Ratchet to pass the Magnus Hammer to Optimus. We'll always wonder whether he have would done that had he not been comatose.

Thanks again for the translation work, DrSpengler! So you think there's only going to be another one or two issues left?

5. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ah OK. Guess my memory is too fuzzy - Lost my season 3 DVR recordings when upgrading the cable box. Need me a DVD set! :) 

6. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

Well,i guess we see whats all the Animated the Cool Extra's are all about,hmmm,i hope one of the issues end up putting TF Prime as a continuation of animated of sorts (Japan Continuity Wise)

7. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    Wow, that may be the largest jump from the US cartoon ever. (And Freaking Blackout appeared in Earth mode!) This also flies in the face of what would've happened had the US cartoon continued (UM dies and Sentinel takes over). That said, it was an interesting issue.

The art style has really grown on me. If IDW came out with an Animated comic and aped this style, I'd buy it.