Transformers Animated: The Cool #10 (translated!)

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by DrSpengler, Feb 2, 2011.

1. DrSpengler

DrSpengler The Real Ghostbuster

Transformers Animated: The Cool issue 10

Basically, the last part of the Japanese Transformers Animated title sequence in manga form:

Optimus gets all glowy and flies into Megatron.

Optimus declaring his name to Megatron loses some impact when, in this series (and the Japanese dub), Megatron never had any trouble remembering Prime's name. The conclusion's a bit too predictably "burning justice" for my taste, too.

Still, with The Cool, I appreciate any deviation from the source material just so I can have something new to look at, as I dig Tsushima's style. And I have to admit, there's something very satisfying about seeing Optimus choke-slamming Megatron into unconsciousness.

And we've still got more chapters to go!

The next chapter, "The Cool Extra", will apparently be a truncated adaptation of "This is Why I Hate Machines" with more "Extra" chapters coming afterward, supposedly.

2. hupla

hupla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope they do a chapter on Mr. Cloak from the oppening. What is up with that guy?!?

3. Transfan2

Transfan2 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Thanks for the translation and I enjoyed Megatron's Battle against Optimus Prime (Megatron is my favorite) along with the story. :) 

-TF2

4. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    What I find the strange about this chapter especially is the odd mix of consistency and inconsistency with the cartoon. Prowl apparently survives here, yet the crew return to Cybertron at the end (not aboard Omega Supreme, so I guess he was destroyed/too damaged in the previous chapter) with Prowl nowhere to be seen, and Jazz right there.

These Manga adaptions are fun to look at, but now I think I've had more than enough "homicidal rage face" on Optimus to last a lifetime or two. :) 

"YAAAGH!" - "Oh yeah? - RAAAAAGH!!"

5. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    Oh well, at least he wasn't empowered by the burning spirit of his comrades...

But honestly, did they have to go through the whole dramatic death and miraculous resurrection for Optimus again? It's like obligatory for every incarnation of him. And when did he get a G1-styled grill?

And I guess Prowl's still alive here?

Anyway, still interested to see what these 'extra' chapters to come will be like.

Thanks once again for bringing us these translated TFA comic scans, DrSpengler!

6. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I actually would've preferred this ending in TFA

7. star_ling

star_ling Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have to agree as I enjoy just seeing any type of new fiction from certain series. Wonder if the seeker clones are still alive here?

8. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    Well that's different.

Page 5 is right click, saved.

I don't recall, did The Cool OP die in battle against Screamer? If so, that may be the most number of deaths in the least amount of issues ever.

Thanks for the translations all along.

9. DrSpengler

Yeah, he died in issue #2, which was a condensed retelling of "Transformand Roll Out, Part 2".

10. Eric

Eric Per sempre marciamo.

News Credits:
    Actually that was a retelling of "Transform and Roll Out, Part 3."

:confused2 

11. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    LOL, so in 8 issues he dies and returns twice. That's gotta be a record, he's like a Zombie Jesus Prime.

Oh, the details for clear Prime, was that a promotion or is that just info on Wingblade Prime?

12. DrSpengler

D'oh!

It was a promotion for a clear plastic version of the Adtivators Optimus Prime toy (which is supposed to represent the glowing version of Prime seen in The Cool #10). I only have scans of the comic, not the full KeroKero Ace issue, so I don't know the specifics of the offer, I'm afraid.