2D Artwork: Transformers animated study (part 1)

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by MrSoundmeister, Mar 31, 2010.

1. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

Transformers animated study

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

well,i was working on some tfa sketches,since tfa is going to air in japan like... about three days... so i think i should show you some of my work... i know it isnt that great,but its a good start,im guessing...

contents:
    Lockdown's "battle mask"
    Rayfall (A.K.A g2 Mantaray)
    Ridelinker (Tarantulas' Pre-Beast body,was a autobot,my idea for him consists of him being a professor's aprentice,was turned into tarantulas later on due to a experiment gone wrong,losing his sanity)
    Bodyblock (was unnamed.)

EDIT part two added in containing:
    Autobot Drift
    Autobot Ricochet
    Scrouge
    Sickspill (based on rotf wheelie)

so yeah,constructive critique might be helpful,i do need to improve... and hey maybe it might help with your ideas

Attached Files:

2. Optimus-wave

Optimus-wave A.K.A. Omega-Wave

well, hmm, they look like good initial designs, but they dont really fit the animated style. Each character in animated has a personality and a design element, and faces tend to show a character's persona in a subtle way. For example animated lockdown is designed around an undertaker, or a reaper of sorts; his face is elongated to show this. The battle mask u designed looks to angular and not menacing enough to fit Lockdown's personality. The angularity is actually one of the main things that are setting the faces off, Animated's aesthetic called for curves without harsh lines. Just think about that and u can improve these good concepts into something to marvel at!

3. TedimusPrime

TedimusPrime Well-Known Member

Remember that animated is based off of the "animated line" so pay attention to that design.