Transformers Animated Story Bible - 3/27/2006

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by PoweredConvoy, Sep 19, 2016.

1. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    From Hasbro's waste basket to a friend of a friend comes the Transformers Animated Story Bible. Dated March 27th, 2006 - this gives us an early look at the story bible that would be further revised to the Transformers Animated that we knew today.
    So please enjoy this PDF of the story bible, and note the differences in some of the characters and the early designs.
    Transformers Animated Story Bible - Never Seen Before!

Randy

Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Neoseed

News Credits:
    Definitely gonna read through this, thanks for the heads up.

3. Avon

Avon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What a find! Good going!

4. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Neoseed

News Credits:
    I've read quite a bit of it already (Not the episode concepts, yet) and I have to say, there's some really awesome ideas here, stuff that I wish made it into the final show. Its a shame that some of these ideas didn't make it into the final product.

Uh oh, they compared Prowl to Wolverine, isn't that something that pissed people off about Drift? :lol  It's weird because again, Wyatt said he disliked Drift and Beachcomber as characters, yet his version of "Prowl" is like a combination of both of them, I can also see some Batman-like qualities in this earlier concept for their Prowl. Very weird. All in all, there's some really cool concepts in here, and its unfortunate that they didn't show up in the final show.

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Interesting how back in "Heroes" Prowl was at one point female.

This is a gold mine of information. Thank you so much!
    Maybe he disliked them because of the bluntness of their personalities, versus Prowl's more nuanced approach to both archtypes?

Then again he also hated AOE Lockdown despite the character being remarkably faithful to the source material as far as the movies go, so who knows what DJW does and does not like.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Here's all the noteworthy stuff

>Bumblebee and Ratchet were originally Hot Shot and Red Alert

>Hot Shot was going to start off with the alt. mode Bumblebee had but eventually become more of a sports car.

>Red Alert was initially female but then turned male when Isenberg wrote this draft

>Red Alert was also going to be somewhat paranoid fearing that his time as a Decepticon prisoner, he may have become a sleeper agent

>The Decepticons were going to be a lot more monstrous in appearance, with bodies that were practically all stiched up looking.

>Eventually Megatron would have had a Decepticon factory and everyone gets new sleek bodies and upgrades.

>Starscream would have had a much quieter more whispery voice but would have a sonic screech ability.

>Lugnut would have been able to convince humans to fight for Megatrons cause.

>Blitzwing was originally Decepticon X (he would be named whatever Hasbro wanted to use). He could turn into just about anything but it wouldn't last long which would conk out leading to potentialy comically situations.

>Lockdown was a stealth fighter originally and not a muscle car.

>There was going to be a creature called the Living Virus which seems to be similar to the Space Barnacles.

>Originally Prometheus Black/Meltdown was going to lead a group called The Traid. Stiletto who appeared in the IDW Animated tie ins was going to be part of this group along with Colossus Rhodes.

>The Wraith who also appeared in the IDW tie in was going to be on the show.

>There was going to be a villain named Lazarus Undershaft/The Shadow and he was going to be a evil and suave ninja crime boss, his ninjas would have moves that could defy gravity and have steel piercing weapons.

>The Wrecking Crew was going to be another villain team, comprised of angry disgruntled redneck construction workers. I assume this was dropped because of what the Constructicons ended up becoming and Marvel having a supervillain team of the same time.

>There was also a villain team called S.T.E.A.M who would use steampunk, there were going to be a radical technophobic vigilantes. G.B Redmond their leader was going to be inspired by Charlton Heston.

>Nanosec was considered as a pilot episode

>Megatron Rising part 1 was originally going to be called The Gathering Storm.

>Thrill of the Hunt would have had Lockdown kidnap Hot Shot originally. Sari would have also appeared in this episode and it would have revealed Sari's key goes wonky in Decepticon presence

>Competition would have feature The Wraith and the flashback scene of Optimus and his rival (originally pegged as Rodimus) which would later be Sentinel Prime play out in a manner similar to the flashback scene in the 3rd season finale.

7. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    WHAT
    red.jpg

Human characters as accessories that come with the Transformer toys would've been interesting to see. Granted, I just *know* if they did that, Captain Fanzone and Meltdown would both be inexplicably impossible to find while there'd somehow be a billion and 5 repaints of Nanosec....

8. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    WTF "copywrite"

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    We actually knew a good chunk of that thanks to the Almanacs and previous sources.

The Heroes art and the other stuff you posted though really gives me a genuine "what might have been" show. They should totally revisit these old, unused concepts for a new show.

That, combined with the hip-slang writing, makes me think the Headmaster personally wrote this whole thing. Megatron is un-ironically refered to as a "lame-o."

Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    True but there were some tidbits I had no idea about until now like Red Alert being paranoid or The Shadow/Steam teams.

and yeah I agree, we really should see some of these dropped concepts get utilized in a future series.

11. edgs2099

edgs2099 Optimistically realistic. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This is fantastic!

12. Sylent

Sylent Making Cybertron Great Again!

It was such a shame that Animated didn't get a longer run. Once you got past the goofy, pseudo-anime animation (and Sari), it had really good stories and a great deal of Easter egg references to G1.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Slag Support Squad TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Interesting stuff. It's entertaining to read and see what did and didn't carry through to the final product (for example, Optimus Prime going from a 'do anything' Inspector Gadget approach to a smaller set of specific abilities.) Interesting how many more human villians were planned, but I imagine some fans were happy that aspect was trimmed down. Definitely worth it as there's a surprising amount of stuff that didn't make it to the Almanacs.

Also interesting to me - considering how "Mighty Orbots" has been repeatedly cited as an influence for TF:A, a lot of the 'pre-Wyatt' concept art looks VERY Orbots-like to me, as opposed to Transformers traditionalism.

14. PredaconElder

PredaconElder Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wish they did a toy of Red Alert. Her and Botanica are two of my most desired toys.

15. cuad

cuad VOK EMISSARY

News Credits:
    Super sweet. My fanfic's story bible is currently at 27 pages. Theirs is at 32 pages (not including the art). Now I don't have to worry that I've written too much!

Ever wonder why Animated was so good? For starters, they got the basics right. On page 5:
    Shame on all you who want sexless (read: only male), alien, inhuman Transformers.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2016