Transformers Animated should be finaled with a special Direct to DVD Feature Length..

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Scrapper6, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

Film. Title of this thread says it all. Animated the series was cancelled. The finale was ok, but it didn't offer closure for everything that was needed at least according to it's fans. A Comic Mini-Series would be great, but I think as a true homage to G1 Animated should give us a feature length movie with all of the characters, all of the closure and all of the voice actors brought in for one last hurrah.

Transformers Animated The Movie: Who's with me on this one? And for the love of Primus please bring back Thrust, Dirge, Skywarp and Thundercracker so we can have another complete Seekers battle scene.

2. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Not gonna happen in my book. We're getting the last wave of Animated toys sometime in the future, and that's something that encompases multiple miracles (Hasbro releasing stock for a dead line, Arcee FINALY getting a toy that turns into a car, etc.)

Plus, what's there to make a movie OF? While the finalie did leave a bunch of threads open, the main story ended with the last ep. when Megs, Shockwave, etc. were captured. There's no other bad guy who poses enough threat to be at the Megatron level of bad-guy role filling in the whole series.

3. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It won't happen.

The most that could happen, IMO, is book material.

4. Scrapper6

Well for one thing Team Charr is still out there and could cause considerable problems. Or they could introduce a new villain for the Movie I.E. Unicron (to use him as an example, I don't literally mean Unicron should be involved.) that could serve as a sort of 'big bad'. Or they could make Megatron still a threat by having him working from behind bars to try and engineer a win for himself. Resulting in either another open ended end in which Megatron is free, thus Sequel potential or all of the Decepticons and not just Megatron, Lugnut and Shockwave are prisoners.

Even though realistically it might never happen there is not one reason we as a whole should ignore the possibility. Plus I thought this would be an interesting idea for a topic before this forum closed down for good besides all the polls and stuff. *Shrugs*

A Comic Book continuation would be interesting too I suppose, as long as it isn't a rushed 4 issue mini-series ala Beast Wars. A 6 issue or even 12 issue maxi-series would be preferable as long as the 12 issue maxi-series doesn't drag on too long ala AHM.

5. mirarage

mirarage Agent of Primus

News Credits:
    I'd like a series of 3-4 episode length
    animated movies or mini-series.
    Not just a proper finale.
    Each one self-contained.
    How about
    "Transformers Animated - the Fallen".
    A little tie in with the moviewould make it sellable.
    Straight to dvd movies would be a good way to go.

Won't happen, but we can dream and hope.

6. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

We'd be lucky if we get a comic mini-series that fully wraps up the story of Animated. A special direct-to-DVD feature would be nice, but I doubt Hasbro would want to make one now that all the ROTF hype is going on.

7. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Uh, every possibility you just gave can not possibly work. Team Charr is now a minor annoyance since the Decepticon Heirarchy has been brought down and with the Autobot forces not needing to be strained to the point that they were, Team Charr could be easily brought in (Hell, just send in Grandus to kill 'em). Also indroducing a new villian=bad idea as well, as that would just copy ROTF with them introducing The Fallen into the picture. Megatron couldn't do jack squat behind bars since he both got his ass kicked by Optimus and will most likley be under the heaviest security the Autobots have, they'll probably be watching him sleep to the point of paranoia. Lastly, there aren't that many major cons that pose a threat out there anymore. Screamer's dead, Swindle got his ass kicked by one autobot and 4 annoying human villians, I think Blitzwing's dead, Soundwave's far to easily killed, the Screamer clones all have their own issues that make them easily defeated (save the female one, but she's just a female Starscream and can easily be overpowered), the Constructicons are more or less their own group (heck, Dirt Boss and Mixmaster are still AWOL after they all blew up), Wreck-Gar has no real affiliation, Lockdown's a bounty hunter who got his butt kicked twice (first time by Ratchet, second by Prowl), and any other con I frogot to mention is also either dead to too weak to pose a serious enough threat.

Plus, why should we not ignore this possibility? Animated is all but done, sure we're getting a few more toys sometime in the far future, but besides that and some books, the series is over. As is this whole sub-forum because of that.

Oh, and about the comics? They did do "Animated: The Arrival", but due to scheduling problems it ended at #6, since # 6 just had to be included with the Jet twins and no exception could be made to that, so only #5 made it to the comic stores.

8. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Personally, I am happy with the ending we got. It's not like Stargate SG1 where the big bads were still out there and needed a movie to provide closure. The main villains were all defeated, the heroes won the day big time, and the biggest hanging plot threads were somewhat resolved. Yes, I would like to know Sari's true purpose. Yes, I would like to know where Thundercracker and Skywarp ended up (probably defeated and shipped off to the stockade by the first passing Autobot patrol). I'd love to know where Slipstream went, and what became of Soundwave.

But you know what? It's like when Batman Beyond or Justice League ended. These characters have that same timeless quality to them. They carry on and have more adventures beyond the end of their respective series. In that respect, I'm not sure if total closure would be the best thing for the series.

9. Scrapper6

It sounds to me by your tone you have some issues involving the cancellation of this series. I merely wanted to start up a friendly discussion, plus everything you've said is a matter of opinion. If Team Chaar can take down Rodimus Minor and his entire team how is it they couldn't pose a serious threat especially considering there are still a host of G1 Decepticons that could be introduced into the Animated universe. I find it hard to believe that...

Megatron
    Starscream
    Blitzwing
    Swindle
    Lugnut
    Shockwave
    Skywarp
    Thrust
    Dirge
    Ramjet
    Sunstorm
    Thundercracker
    'Slipstream'
    Blackout
    Strika
    Spittor
    Oil Slick
    Lockdown
    Dirt Boss
    Mixmaster
    Scrapper
    & Cyclonus

are the only Decepticons in existence or the only Decepticons not yet incarcerated by the Autobots. Hell Scorponok, Galvatron, Deathsaurus or any number of other squadron commanders of high enough rank could be ideal candidates for a new Decepticon threat to help propel Animated's left over plot points to a definite conclusion. If Hasbro and Takara can make definite conclusions for the Unicron Trilogy with a true ending as it were then why can't they do the same thing for Animated? If it makes them money in the long run, and I don't see how it couldn't with hype from Revenge of the Fallen most likely spilling over into other Transformers series.

I don't mind how it ends now, but I would love L O V E, love to see the Animated universe get a full blown 80 minute + full length feature akin to G1. If any series deserves to have a film that isn't multi-part episodes strewn together to make one since the G1 days it is definitely Animated. At least in my opinion. Feel free to disagree all you want.

10. MoonRacer Prime

MoonRacer Prime Fembot fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think an animated movie would be outstanding! It would of course be a direct to DVD release. Something like "Megatron Escapes" Or something like that. Why not? This show will always have a place with the fans. They could make some extra money, promote the remaining toys and satisfying the fan base. To much transformers is not a bad thing.

11. Harbinger

Harbinger ecnayonnA

there are plot threads there to continue on Animated, though as much as a movie would be good, its like Sol Fury said. its a snap shot of the continuing adventures of the Autobots. if we are truly lucky we will get more adventures in comic form.

12. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    We should, but most likely won't.

Would love to see some more in comic form at least, through TFCC and/or Botcon if nothing else.

13. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    They said they were in early talks for a possible IDW Animated comic miniseries as of Botcon, that's our best bet. A direct-to-DVD thing is almost certainly out of the question, due to the expenses involved.

14. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Kinda like Reboot's TV movies I suppose... only it actually has an ending!

Too bad Hasbro's so cheap and won't listen to fan demands.

jD001

15. Spin-Out

Spin-Out Are you afraid of the dark?

Since I've heard that ROTF is a bit too adult for kids, I think they should consider making an Animated version of The Fallen so that kids can get a Transformers movie, too. And, of course, more Animated is a good thing.

16. rodster6

rodster6 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    They quite often release direct to DVD animated movies to tie in with Superhero films that get released so why not with Transformers?

17. Shelfwarmercon

Shelfwarmercon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For all we know Hasbro might revisit the Animated universe with new content once their own TV channel is up and running.

And if that does happen, we'll have people complaining about how Hasbro and the animation studio "got it wrong" because the new content doesn't fit what they had in mind.