2D Artwork: Transformers Animated Season 4 Character Models

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by LegoTFGuy, Mar 12, 2012.

1. LegoTFGuy

LegoTFGuy Master Builder

These are some character models I drew for one fo my fanfics, Animated Season 4.

First up is an original character, Legatron.

[​IMG]

Legatron is kinda strange- then again, I’m not really one to talk. He apparently came out of nowhere one day and allied with some of the Autobots on Earth. He claims he’s not an Autobot technology wise, but is an Autobot ally, which is why his symbol is different. But if you ask me, he shoulda’ NOT put the Decepticon spikes on top of that thing. It’s a little… unnerving.
    Overall, he’s a friendly guy, and has some major martial arts skills. Weird thing is, Jazz says they aren’t Cybertronian, so where he learned them is just another mystery. His alt-mode is pretty useless- some kinda boombox thing with a retractable screen. He makes up for it in gadgets, though. He’s got swords, arm-cannons, a jetpack, grapplers- all sortsa’ stuff. I asked him how he stored all of those things on his frame- he’s kinda puny, being a head smaller than me- and he says that he has special adaptation powers that let him turn parts of his body into weapons and tools. Like when his hand retracts when his arm turns into a gun- the hand doesn’t just sit in his arm behind the blaster, but it actually turns INTO parts of the inside of the blaster. Cool as that is, he saws the main drawback is that he can’t activate everything at once.
    Overall, it’s nice to have another around robot who’s not twenty feet taller than me. Still, something about him is a little off. Like his name, I get the feeling I’ve heard it before… -Sari

Next up is another new character, Over-Drive (no relation to the dimension-hopping dude from G1, despite the references.

[​IMG]

Over-Drive. How I HATE that guy. He’s some kind of Autobot agent that travels around in his ship, the Omnibot, solving various problems in the universe with his technological know-how and his little friends, Glyph. Reason I hate him is ‘cause he once was working on an investigation or something on Velocitron, my home planet. He and Glyph went under the guise of a racing team. Well, they didn’t even need to act. Dude’s fast. REALLY fast. Anyway, he beat me and Wildrider in a race one too many times and eventually exposed us of ‘cheating’. We were kicked out of the races and swore vengeance on Over-Drive.
    He’s trained in a bunch of Cybertronian martial arts whose names I can barely pronounce. He’s armed with blades that slide out of his forearms and blasters hidden in the wheels on his back things. Oh, and those things are also jets. That’s right, he can FLY. Sorta. He’s not too fast, but just fast enough to bug me. –Dragstrip

Now for the Stuntrons. Here's Dragstrip (no relation to the previous Animated Dragstrip)

[​IMG]

Of all the languages out there, the best word I’ve found to explain Dragstrip is right here in human dialect- overconfident. He’s got an ego the size of Earth’s moon. The worst part is that, due to his high-and-mighty view of himself, he thinks he can win anything. So in other words, he’s a sore loser.
    Over the centuries I’ve equipped him with a few gadgets. Namely, his sword and blaster. Thanks to care training, he’s become about as dangerous in combat as he is on the road. –Circuit Board.

Now for Wildrider (again, no relation to the official Animated Wildrider):

[​IMG]

Wildrider is a strange robot. He tends to be very, as the humans say, ‘bi-polar’. He can be calm one moment, and go insane the next, only to be completely calm again moments later. Whether or not he is able to control this switch is unknown.
    His weapons, made by Circuit Board, are what humans may call a ‘Katana’ and a fusion blaster. The blaster has the same basic tech as Megatron’s fusion cannon, but condensed and, thankfully, not as powerful. -Glyph

And the leader of the Stuntrons... another origional character named Circuit Board. :) p)

[​IMG]

Circuit Board is the leader of the Stuntrons, as well as their tech guy. He’s the one that fabricated their methods of ‘winning’ races- namely, vehicle combat weapons that are illegal on most planets with vehicles. He’s tough, mean, and fairly strong.
    Though he shares a body-type with Swindle, he has considerably less weapons. Actually, the only real weapons he had are his over-the-shoulder guns and the gyro-gun in his hand. There’s also some rumors that he was once an Autobot, but I’ve never found any confirmation of this and, quite frankly, I don’t believe it. –Over-Drive

Combaticons, part 1: Onslaught

[​IMG]

Believe it or not, Onslaught actually started his career as an Autobot. One of the first Elite Guardsmen, he was the best tactician the group had. Everyone, Autobot and Decepticon alike, had some degree of respect for the guy. The problem was getting his fellow Autobots to follow his directions. His plans were intricately planned out to the nearest detail. Naturally, to some of the stupider ‘Bots, they didn’t “make sense,” so they would alter his plans as they saw fit, causing the whole operation to fail. Fed up with being disobeyed, he defected to the Decepticons, where Megatron gave him troops with the blind loyalty he required. After awhile, he was granted his own permanent subgroup, which he dubbed the Combaticons. He found four Decepticons he felt would be the best for his operations.
    Onslaught is, upon being upgraded on earth, is now armed with a Solitarim shield, capable of deflecting even the most powerful laser blasts. His back-mounted MNZ-0 Shockblasters are capable of blowing holes through solid D-13 Cast Metal, and then some. His armored semi mode is from the same Earth company that created that blasted Optimus Prime’s fire truck-outfitted vehicle mode.- Blastoff

Combaticons, part 2: Brawl

[​IMG]

Oh, slag, where to start. Well, Brawl is, to say the least, a tough guy. He is literally covered in high-tech and highly destructive weaponry, some built by me or BlastOff, some bought from Swindle. He likes to use as many weapons as he can in a single battle for maximum destruction- ‘cause that’s pretty much all he cares about, blowing stuff up. He’s not too bright, but he’s smart enough to take orders and know what will happen if he doesn’t follow them.
    On one arm, Brawl houses a gatling gun that can convert into twin arm-mounted knives. On the other arm he has an Electron Gun. His backpack holds Devastation rockets and twin Photon machine guns. Those things are powerful, I tell ya. And I mean POWERFUL. Rumor has it he once blew up an entire Nebulan CITY son his own. While I’m not going to confirm nor deny this, I will say that said rumor is one of the reasons I sought his services for the Combaticons.-Onslaught

Combaticons, part 3: Blastoff

[​IMG]

BlastOff is one of those Decepticons that there’s always something about him you don’t know. I never saw anything of him until Onslaught formed the Combaticons, and thus far his past remains a mystery. He has demonstrated extreme intelligence in robotics and other mechanics. He has also proven that he is well trained in the Cyber-Ninja martial art Circuit-Su. He presumably learned this from his pals Lockdown or Bludgeon, but I don’t know for sure.
    Along with being able to fly, Blastoff has twin leg/wing mounted Ion Cannons, as well as one in a handheld version. His sword can slice through solid Cybertroid alloy in seconds. His Earth altmode is an unmanned space probe modeled to look like a vehicle called a “space shuttle.” He has custom fit himself to be able to fly like a normal aircraft, so he’s not “Stuck in space, missing all the action,” as he says. –Swindle

Now for everyone's favorite nutjob helicopter, Vortex!

[​IMG]

And they call me crazy. Well, those bots haven’t met Vortex. He’s a cackling lunatic that really knows how to get on your nerves. He has to, because he’s an interrogator. He has all sortsa’ torture devices stashed away in his back compartment.
    In the early days of the war, he would charge headfirst out into battle without so much as thinking how he was gonna survive. This leads to guys wondering why Onslaught let him in the Combaticons. Onslaught has tried to explain it to me, but he gets all complicated, so he just says Vortex takes orders really well. I see where he gets that; Vortex follows his orders to the last detail.
    His twin Semi-Automatic Axiom Guns can…uh…blow stuff up. And Autobots. They blow Autobots up, too. Oh, and he also likes to use T.E.C.H. model taser thingies. His helicopter mode can…well, fly. Oh, yeah, and its engine and rotor things are really quiet for a helicopter, so if you can’t see him, he seems farther away than he really is. –Brawl

And now the moment you've all been waiting for- BRUTICUS!!!

[​IMG]

Bruticus is easily my greatest work yet. Fusing modern Cybertronian technology and the designs for the ancient "combiner" Abominus has given rise to this brute.
    He's not without problems- he's limited to only what all his parts can agree on. Blastoff and i usually see optic-to-optic pretty well, and Brawl and Vortex just go with whatever I say, but Swindle tends to have a difference of opinion at times. Nevertheless, we agree enough to make Bruticus a force to be reckoned with.
    It is of note that his knees appear to be his only weak spot, due to exposure of combination ports when bent. Rest assured, that will be taken care of soon enough... -Onslaught

Dunno why I didn't upload these guys earlier- Have some Seekers. :D 

Rainmaker: Acid Storm

[​IMG]

Rainmaker: Boltflash

[​IMG]

Rainmaker: Snowblind

[​IMG]

The Rainmakers are a most peculiar case, indeed. The Starscream clones in my possession have demonstrated unique abilities of their own, but their personalities limit their effectiveness. That does not seem to be the case with these clones. Their unique personalities, Acid Storm’s leadership, Boltflash’s fighting abilities, and Snowblind’s negativity, do not seem to hinder their abilities. Examination of Acid Storm’s programming does not reveal anything different from other clones, like Thundercracker or Dirge.
    As I have previously mentioned, the Rainmakers each have their own unique power: Acid Storm can create acid blasts, Boltflash can shoot lightning-like charges, and Snowblind is equipped with what appears to be Absolute-0 Freeze Blasters. These powers are retained in their vehicle modes. At first, I was uninterested in their powers, until I realized the potential they had. Unfortunately, by that time, it was too late. The Autobots had already destroyed Boltflash and Snowblind.

Side note: I asked Acid Storm where the name “Rainmakers” came from. He explained that, if their powers are used intensely enough, they will form storm clouds. Upon examination of footage of their battle with Bumblebee, I notice a thin mist surround the Autobot… - Circuit Board

Conehead: Dirge (post-AllSpark extraction colors)

[​IMG]

Conehead: Thrust (post-AllSpark extraction colors)

[​IMG]

Thrust and Dirge have to be the most annoying bodyguards ever. When I decided to make some Starscream clones out of the broken parts on the Nemesis, I didn’t think it would turn out this way. Oh, sure, they have their uses, but Dirge’s greed and Thrusts envy have gotten a little out of hand. However, since the AllSpark extraction done on them, they have quieted down a little. (And their color schemes changed a bit…)
    Like all the other Starscream clones, they each have their own unique powers. Thrust, appropriately enough, has Turbo-Injecting rockets integrated in his jet mode. Dirge’s guns, along with the traditional laser blast, have a Psycho-Projection setting that either gives the enemy a vision of their worst fear or a frightening flashback. -Swindle

[​IMG]

When the other Bots said Circuit Board was dead, I thought it was at long last the end to our struggle. However, it turns out I was wrong. The Decepticons fused Circuit's body with and AllSpark fragment and a Semi truck, turning him into Motormaster.
    In his new, upgraded form Circuit Board/Motormaster is more powerful than ever. He now towers over Autobots even as tall as Bulkhead. His new armaments include a blaster that replaces his hand, as well as a sword that is mounted the same way. Oh, and did yah know he can FLY now, too? Yeah, he's got rockets mounted on his back. He can't use them very well right now, but I fear what he may be capable of once he masters his new upgrades... -Over-Drive

Finishing off the Stunticons with Breakdown and Dead End!

[​IMG]

Ha! Breakdown. The name says it all. This guy's a wimp to the extreme. Hey, Breaks, watch out for that squirrel! Things are vicious! HA HA! Idiot doesn't even know what a squirrel is.
    So obviously he's scared of everything and then some. Sometimes it gets so bad his vehicle engine stalls. It's pretty dang funny, actually. He's always suspicious of everyone and doesn't trust anyone, either. I dare bet the only reason he hasn't run away screaming from the Decepticons is because being a bad guy isn't near as bad as being a traitor- which is actually a good point.
    He's not entirely useless, though. His hand can retract and be replaced with an Electro-Magnetic Pulse blaster that disables an enemy's systems. Pretty fitting. He's also pretty fast. Not as fast as me, though- but then again, no one is! -Dragstrip

[​IMG]

Dead End? What's there to say about Dead End?
    OK, I'll humor you. Dead End is painful to listen to. He's very anti-social... Or maybe it everyone else who doesn't want to hang out with him. He's always all end-of-the-world this and we're-going-to-die-so-what's-the-point that. This has a particularly negative effect on Breakdown, unsurprisingly. The only way we get him to fight any Autobots is to convince him that bringing their ends will help show his point that everyone does eventually.
    That said, he's not such a bad fighter. He has a wrist mounted buzzsaw that he can launch off on a cable, like a spinning mace. It's pretty lethal, and he's very good at using it. Overall a decent soldier, but like I said, a freaking pain to listen to. -Motormaster

I'm baaaaaaack! With Constructicons! :D 

[​IMG]

Scavenger’s a good kid. Smart, too- probably the smartest outta all a’ us. Real good with math and figuring and stuff. Computer programming, too. He’s kinda shy, though. Probably the physically weakest also. But still, his spark’s in the right place, and he’s always willing to help out. I almost feel he doesn’t belong with the rest a’ us, what with us not exactly bein’ the nicest bots and all. I gotta stick up for the kid, seein’ how the others keep pickin’ on him for bein’ so small and weak. He's like a little bro to me, y'know?

Like most a' the rest a' us, his hand retracts and can be replaced by a tool. He's got welding torches that, well, weld things. He can also kinda use them like flamethrowers. One of our allies said it reminds him of one of the Autobots- Hot Spot or somethin'. Also got a welding mask that flips over his face. Alternate mode is a compact excavator that doesn't look like much more than a cab with treads and a shovel. -Scrapper

[​IMG]

Bonecrusher is one seriously mean jerk. I’m serious, this guy makes Dirt Boss look like a kindhearted bot. He’s always mad at something or someone, and he seems to have everything. I fear that his pent-up rage may one day break loose and bring heck on us all.

His specialty is destruction- and he’s good at it. In his hip compartments he houses a number of thermal detonators and other explosive devices- all the more reason his anger worries us. He can also use his back-mounted shovel-claw to manipulate objects, just don’t expect said objects to stay in good condition. -Scavenger

[​IMG]

Long Haul? What's there tah say 'bout Long Haul, or any ah these mooks?

Huh, fine. Haul there is the biggest an strongest a' all ah us. Dumbest also. This guy will believe anything, and I mean ANYTHING. That self-obsessed blue Seeker once convinced him that Dragstrip was a ghost. I admit it was a bit humorous, but it interfered wit' the big lug's work, so I had to straighten it out.

Long Haul turns into a dump truck. He carries stuff. And his treads let him crawl over tough construction terrain. What more d'yah want? Look, ah don't got time for this, ah got two massive projects ah need to complete! -Dirt Boss

[​IMG]

Well, th' first thing there is tah know 'bout Hook is that he don't act much like a construction workeh. 'es all propeh and high class actin'. More than a bit of a perfectionist, too- 'es always makin' these tiny little changes just so everything is absolutely perfect. Weird thing is, though, he don't stick out too bad, an' he gets along just fine wit' th' rest a' us.

In case yah didn't notice, his entire right hand is a claw. Wait, no, it's his left one, ain't it? Well, either way its a big ol' claw, and he has really good control over it,despite how big it is. He turns into a mobile crane- no big surprise there. I mean, his name is HOOK, after all, his vehicle mode better dang well have one! -Mixmaster

[​IMG]

Bomb-Burst lives for the hunt. The thrill if tracking down the prey, the feeling of springing a trap... Personally, I don't see the appeal in taking down an opponent in such a primitive manner, but slag me if it isn't effective.
    Usually very quite and reserved, he prefers to strike in the dark, though he's just as effective in broad daylight. His new hovercraft mode makes almost no noise, so by the time you hear him coming, it's already too late. I believe it uses the same technology as the Combaticon Vortex's helicopter form.
    As a fellow Pretender, Bomb-Burst is capable of using a holographic cloak to alter his color scheme to better assume a disguise. -Bludgeon

[​IMG]

If there's one word that accurately describes Iguanus, it's 'vain'. He makes even Dragstrip look humble, and that's saying something! The most ironic part about about his over-inflated ego is that he thinks he makes anything looks good, as evident when he gets beat to slag and claims he makes scrapes and dents acceptable. Idiot.
    Still, he does have some redeeming qualities. He has a fascination with organic creatures, especially those of the 'reptilian' variety. Repulsive as this is, his study of how these creatures hunt for prey has proven to be useful on more than one occasion.
    His armaments include a pair of arm-mounted laser blasters. The most interesting thing about these weapons is that he is capable of adjusting the concentration of the lasers, ranging from a barely effective yet widespread blast to a laser capable of piercing even a Sharkticon's hide. These weapons are also available in his 'motorcycle' form, which I have to admit is pretty slick. -Bomb-Burst

[​IMG]

Stay tuned for more!

Comments and constructive criticism welcome!!

Attached Files:

2. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    I like the Drag-Strip and the Wildrider.:) 

3. LegoTFGuy

LegoTFGuy Master Builder

Thanks. :D  Dragstrip in particular is one my favs of the Animated designs I've made.

And first post updated with Combaticon #1, Onslaught!

4. LegoTFGuy

LegoTFGuy Master Builder

Brawl added to the first post!

5. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator

News Credits:
    Think my fave would be Wildrider! Love the spiky mohawk!! Great touch. :thumb 

6. LegoTFGuy

LegoTFGuy Master Builder

Thanks! :D  I try to put as much personality in the designs as I can.

Gallery updated with the third Combaticon, Blastoff! So close to... well, you can probably guess. ;) 

7. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator

News Credits:
    You're welcome.

I think what I would suggest is as you're getting more experience with your artwork, now it's time to start adding a few shadows and shading to the bots. It will help give them the definition that they're botbodies need, especially as you're using the same color for several areas. With Blastoff, for instance, you did a little of that in the purple area on the arm, but there's so many other areas to add those little touches that can make a world of difference in your art. :thumb  Keep'em coming. :thumb 

8. LegoTFGuy

LegoTFGuy Master Builder

Thanks. :D  I'd add shading, but it takes awhile, and these guys just supposed to be reference pics so people can get an idea what they characters in my stories look like- though if I ever do an illustration of a scene, I make sure to add shading. (though, like you mentioned, I like to put the little reflective 'sheen' in windows.)

9. Ømnidrive

Ømnidrive Stop.....think......fart.....and keep on going

Don't go giving them all mustaches give some of them a clean face yo!!!!!!!

10. LegoTFGuy

LegoTFGuy Master Builder

:lol  Well, Onslaught's facial hair is a full beard because I thought it'd work nicely for his "army general" role. Brawl is supposed to look more like a wrestler mask. And Blastoff and Dragstrip just look cool with goatees. :lol 

Don't worry, though, other than a certain green-colored team, there's only one more robot with a goatee. (Well, there's also Shattered Glass Rodimus, but the goatee on hi was Funpub's idea.)

11. Ømnidrive

LOL Okay LOL

12. Ømnidrive

Wait.........WHERES VORTEX?!!!!

13. LegoTFGuy

LegoTFGuy Master Builder

Still working on him. I'll have time later this week to draw, so he'll hopefully be done soon. :D 

14. LegoTFGuy

LegoTFGuy Master Builder

Vortex added! :D 

And here's a fun little game: Who can guess what three helicopter Decepticons went into his design?

15. Dinodigger97

News Credits:
    That Vortex is the better of the Combaticons.:) 

Edit:Airachnid(?),Springer,and Blazemaster are my guesses.

16. LegoTFGuy

LegoTFGuy Master Builder

Nope! :D 

Here's a few hints: One of then is Vortex- but which version of Vortex?

And, they're all Decepticons.

17. Dinodigger97

News Credits:
    DOTM Vortex,Prime Airacnid(?), and Energon Stormcloud?

18. LegoTFGuy

LegoTFGuy Master Builder

Yup, the legs and head are based on the Energon Helicopter mold. :D 

Keep guessing on the others, though!

19. Ømnidrive

Epic my main man is up!!!!

20. LegoTFGuy

LegoTFGuy Master Builder

Vortex game is over- the bots in his design were Energon Helicopter mold (head and legs), Armada Cyclonus (transformation) and G1 Vortex (colors), with his rotor blade placement being patterned after their placement on his Cybertronian body in the Collector's Club comics.

And now the moment you've all been waiting for- Animated BRUTICUS!!! (Also updated Brawl with a darker green color)