Transformers Animated - Reckoning

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Fiction' started by Kickback, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Bored. Started writing. I haven't forgotten the Animated fanfic using fan-characters. It will return. Promise. I just need to keep myself interested in the overall storyline and the universe itself, as the recent rumors about Animated ending is kind of depressing for those of us who fell in love with it.

Consider this a whole brand new telling of Animated in a more mature fashion, but keeping the same personalities of the characters you love.

-------------------------------------------------

Transformers Animated: “Reckoning”

Prelude

Nestled deep within the furtherst corners of the universe dwells a single planet made of metal. Far from the prying eyes of any lifeform in distant galaxies, this planet has remained secluded from the rest of the universe and for a very good reason – within the bowels of the planet rests an object with the power to destroy life across the universe.

The planet is called Cybertron, home of a race of beings made of metal who are able to take the form of other lifeforms. They are called Transformers, and they have been embroidled in a civil war spanning millions of years.

Two factions – Autobots and Decepticons – have given up their lives for one single reason: the AllSpark. The Autobots, the more peaceful and civilized of the two factions, have fought to protect the AllSpark and keep it hidden within Cybertron so that its fabled powers would not be used in a corrupt manner to conquer other worlds or worse yet … destroy life as we know it.

The counter-faction, the Decepticons, have sought the power of the AllSpark to empower themselves with what they consider their birthright – power and riches beyond their wildest imaginations. They seek to use the power of the AllSpark, as the story goes, to conquer other planets and create an abundance of energon, the lifesource of the Transformers, and eventually rule the universe.

The war has taken a large toll on the forces of the Autobots. Their homes and cities lay devastated, countless lives have been lost, and the Decepticon forces have now pushed them to the brink of the wastelands on Cybertron known as the “Deadlands”, an area of Cybertron so polluted with the wastes of war that the rumor states no mechanoid can travel through the Deadlands without suffering horrible side-effects.

The Autobot commander, Ultra Magnus, now meets with the Autobot High Council to determine the strategy to keep the devastation to a minimum as well as the cost of life. His counterpart, the Decepticon commander known as Megatron, also meets with his top generals to devise the final push against the Autobots in hopes of finally breaking their defenses and retrieving the information needed to determine the location of the hidden AllSpark.

A decision is about to be made that will forever shape the entire Universe. The decision of doing what is ordered or what is right will be put in to question. Some will make sacrifices, others will make decisions soley for their own best interests, and one Transformer will inadvertently destroy more than is saved and the toll will forever weigh on their conscience.

This is TRANSFORMERS ANIMATED – RECKONING.

2. Zherbus

Zherbus In Shogo Hasui, we trust.

News Credits:
    Good start! I look forward to seeing this take on it's own shape.

3. Kickback

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Finally got past the writer's block.

---------------------------------------------------

Chapter One

Sentinel Prime stood in front of the monitoring station in the city of Iacon, the capital hub of the Autobot Elite Guard. The city was very prosperous, not having yet felt the continued uprising of Decepticon forces across the planet. The energon refineries were bustling, the galactic free-trade agreement set up by Ultra Magnus and his chief diplomatic officer, Longarm, was an overall success, and to top it off, the love of Sentinel Prime’s life had recently been promoted to Elite Guard status and was now stationed with him.

Sentinel Prime looked over a few of the monitors, keeping an ever watchful eye out for any sign of trouble or danger along the city’s outer limits. His upstanding behavior usually lasted a few cycles until he was alone on his shift, in which case he’d often take a stasis-nap or simply amuse himself with the latest holo-games – his favorite being “Grand Theft Cybertron”, a game where you play an Elite Guard member chasing down renegade Decepticons.

“Why don’t you sign off early tonight,” Sentinel said to the red and blue Autobot known as Mainframe, the last member on shift before Sentinel worked alone. “Rest your optics and let an Elite Guard member watch over the city tonight.”

If Mainframe could role his optic censor (he only had one) he would. He had the ability to calculate thousands of equations in a matter of a nano-second, and he knew that Sentinel Prime was, more or less, a blowhard. But he was still his superior and Mainframe hoped that once, just once, something horrible would happen while Sentinel Prime napped and Ultra Magnus would finally see what a waste he was.

“Maybe something exciting will happen tonight,” Mainframe said as he rose from his seat. He looked Sentinel Prime square in the optics. “I’m completely confident that you’d catch anything.”

Sentinel Prime raised his hand to his mouth as he coughed nervously.

“One day you may be Elite Guard material, soldier!” Sentinel said confidently. “If I give you a favorable review, that is.”

“Sir,” saluted Mainframe as he walked towards the sliding door that was the exit. “Camera four has been acting up,” he stated as he walked through the doorway. “You might have to hit it a few times with your first if it blinks out.”

“Yeah yeah I’ll get right on it,” Sentinel said as he flopped down on the chair. He kicked his feet up on the control panel and closed his optic censors. “Another night, another stasis-nap…” he said to himself as he yawned, allowing his systems to slowly go in to stasis. A moment later a light on his wrist began to blink as an incoming transmission was received. Sentinel quickly sat up and pressed a button on his wrist, projecting a visual hologram in to the air.

“Working hard tonight I see,” smiled a female Autobot.

“Elita-One!” responded Sentinel, nearly falling out of his chair in shock. He quickly gathered his composure, clearing his throat. “What uh … what can I do for you this fine cycle?” he finished with a quirky smile.

She gave a devilish smile in response to his quandary.

“I was hoping some high ranking Elite Guard officer would come and visit while I was on-duty,” she said with a suggestive tone. “I’m all alone tonight on the other side of the building…with no one here to replace me for quite some time…”

Sentinel Prime could feel his fuel pump racing. He shot up out of his chair and stood straight, even saluting the holographic of Elita-One.

“Fair maiden of the Autobot Elite Guard,” began Sentinel Prime, “I am certain that you will have company soon enough!” he finished with a wink. She smiled back as their communication line disconnected. Sentinel nearly jumped for joy as he quickly ran to one of the control panels and started punching in various keys.

“Yes yes YES!” he said quietly to himself. “She finally noticed me! I must be spoken of so highly by my peers that she finally saw how worthy I am over that gasket sucking crankcase Optimus…”

“That…what?” said a voice directly behind Sentinel. He spun around and saw the face of his arch-nemesis, his mortal enemy that he knew he would spend forever fighting against until his spark was long offline – Optimus Prime.

“I said…er…” Sentinel stumbled. “I said I wish I was worthy like that gasket crunching hardcase Optimus…” he finished with a quirky smile. Optimus Prime crossed his arms and shot Sentinel a look of disappointment.

“Right,” Optimus said sternly and in disbelief. He walked past Sentinel Prime and punched a few keys on the control panel, then looked back to Sentinel. “You’ve activated the motion sensors,” he said quietly. “And you’ve programmed the alarm not to go to Central Command, but directly to you.”

“Er…yes,” Sentinel responded, putting his head down. “I need to … take a quick break and didn’t want to have the whole Elite Guard rushing to battle over a silly little petro-rabbit,” he quickly recovered with a grin.

“…Are there even any petro-rabbits left?” Optimus asked as Sentinel patted him on the shoulder, nearly running to the door.

“Thanks for covering for me! I’ll be back as soon as I possibly can!” Sentinel shouted as he rushed out the door, letting it slam shut. Optimus put his hand up in protest but it was too late. He was stuck covering Sentinel Prime’s duties for Primus only knew how long. He let out a sigh as he took a seat in the chair and began to look at various monitors.

He quickly noticed an irregularity on camera four, the same camera that Mainframe had warned Sentinel Prime about at the beginning of his shift. Optimus Prime leaned in to take a closer look and quickly noticed the problem.

“Either a Mini-Con has found itself incredibly interested in our camera,” he said with a pause, “or the same piece of dust is floating back and forth in the corner of the camera’s field of view.”

He quickly stood up and raced to another panel on the other side of the room and activated a voice command system.

“Computer,” he said aloud. “Activate voice recognition system.”

“Acknowledged,” replied the monotone female computer voice.

“Identity verification system, access,” Optimus said again.

“Activated,” replied the computer.

“Optimus Prime, Elite Guard officer,” Optimus continued.

“Identity confirmed. What is your command, Optimus Prime?” replied the computer.

“Access security system infrastructure,” Optimus ordered.

“Access granted.”

“Run diagnostic on motion sensor systems in all quadrants.”

A few moments of silence passed while the computer ran a quick diagnostic on the motion sensor system. Each quadrant of the Elite Guard sector of Iacon was rigged with a motion sensor system – once activated, any movement through the invisible motion sensors would trigger a silent alarm. That silent alarm would send out computer-controlled drones to the area of the disturbance and send out a distress signal to Central Command, alerting the top ranking Autobot Elite Guard members. By protocol, at least three Elite Guard officers would arrive to investigate the situation.

“Diagnostic complete,” the computer finally replied. “All motion sensor systems online are functional.”

Optimus Prime stopped for a moment before re-asking the computer the same question.

“Computer,” he stated, “Verify all motion sensors are online and functional.”

“Unable to comply,” replied the computer. “All online sensors are functional.”

“What sensors are offline?” asked Optimus, beginning to get frustrated.

“No sensors offline,” replied the computer. “Unable to connect to four sensors to determine their status.”

“Which four sensors?!” Prime shouted, racing back to the main station with the monitors showing the security cameras.

“All sensors in sector D-32.”

“Which security camera covers sector D-32?” Prime asked.

“Camera four,” replied the computer.

“Slag,” whispered Optimus as he flipped a switch to shut down the computer he was just speaking to. It was painfully obvious now – camera four had been malfunctioning. The reason for the malfunction is because the camera had been looped – the same piece of dust could be seen flying in to view and out of view every couple of seconds. Upon further investigation, Optimus Prime learned that all the motion sensors in that sector had been re-routed to have their electrical feed cut off. This would have the computer assume the sensors were still functional, just offline for an unknown reason, as the actual lines had not been cut.

Optimus went to flip the silent alarm switch and realized that Sentinel Prime had reprogrammed the alarm to go directly to him and not to Central Command. He flipped the switch anyways and within just a few moments Sentinel Prime switched off the alarm on his end and reset it – whatever he was up to, he didn’t want to be disturbed.

Optimus realized he was on his own.

4. Anodythe

Anodythe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well done! I'm looking forward to more.

5. Kickback

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    The next few chapters after this one really get the story in high-gear. I'm excited to write it ... which is a first for me in a long, long time.

-----------------------------------------------

Chapter Two

Optimus Prime raced down the hallway outside of the control room as fast as his legs could carry him. The hallway itself was too small for him to transform, which would have obviously sped up his travel, so he had to sprint the distance on foot. The entire building seemed to be silent as he slammed his fist on the door seal, allowing the door to slowly open up. He took a couple more steps and was finally outside.

He took a moment to observe the night sky. Cybertron was unlike most of the planets that Optimus Prime had been to in his time with the Elite Guard. There was no atmosphere so there was no real coloration difference between night and day other than the stars being visible or not visible during daylight. Small sectors of the planet did have what appeared to be atmosphere – but it was mostly due to the on-going Autobot-Decepticon war and the toxic waste left behind. The night was still and, somewhere deep within Optimus’s circuits, he knew that was not a good sign.

He transformed and headed in the direction of sector D-32. He tried to radio Sentinel Prime but the only response he got was dead air – Sentinel had turned off his radio communications as well. Optimus wasn’t one-hundred percent positive, but he figured it had something to do with Elita-One being stationed in the same area as Sentinel.

Standing in a dark alley as Optimus Prime sped by was none other than Sentinel Prime and his reason for ditching his post – Elita-One.

“Where do you think he’s going in such a hurry?” she asked, standing behind Sentinel as her hands caressed his shoulders.

“Ahh, who cares?” Sentinel said, his optics closed as he enjoyed the moment. “He’s probably just slagged that I wouldn’t answer his call to go back and cover for him. But he won’t do anything about it, he’s all bark and no bite.”

Elita-One giggled.

“You know, he’s really not that bad of a ‘bot,” she said softly. “I was stationed with him on some other planets while the Science Division set up posts and he was really quite nice…”

Sentinel opened his optics and looked back at Elita-One.

“You were interested in OPTIMUS?” Sentinel said wide-eyed and in disbelief. “Optimus…PRIME?”

“You know,” she started, letting her fingers trail on Sentinel’s neck. “There are whispers that he’s the favorite of Ultra Magnus. That when the time comes, Optimus Prime is going to be named the successor to the Autobot Commander.” She laid her head back and looked up at the stars. “Who could resist someone with that much potential?”

Sentinel started to fume. Optimus was always the better student, the better warrior, the better leader, and now apparently the better choice of the fembots. It killed him inside to know that he had worked so hard to achieve what he had and Optimus seemingly had everything given to him on a silver platter. His fists clenched and he began to grind his teeth.

“Optimus Prime is nothing but a tool,” Sentinel growled. “And I will spend the rest of my career proving it if I have to!”

The favorite Autobot of Ultra Magnus, Optimus Prime, reached his destination and quickly transformed to robot mode. He pulled out his axe – his special ability was increasing the size of both the blade of the axe as well as the length of the reach of the weapon. It could be as small as a hatchet or as mighty as a halberd. He a communication line of his own to a trusted friend to, as it was commonly referred to as, covering your own skid-plate.

“Optimus Prime to Ironhide,” he radioed in. “Are you there, Ironhide?”

A moment later the response came in.

“Optimus Prime!” cackled the voice of Ironhide’s accent through the shaky radio transmission strength. “What are yah doin’ at this cycle, keeping up with ol’ Sentinel?” he chuckled.

“Hardly,” replied Optimus with a serious tone to his vocalize. “I picked up a disturbance in Sector D-32 and tried to communicate that to Central Command but I couldn’t get through. Also detected that surveillance of the area was offline so I’m investigating the situation now. And you’re my … back-up buddy.”

“You’re always getting’ yerself in some sorta trouble,” Ironhide chuckled. “Ah’m preppin’ some shuttle mission for a couple solar cycles ahead, but do yah want me to come and check it out?”

“No you stay on task,” Prime said, blowing off Ironhide’s offer. “This should only take a cycle or two to get straightened out. If I need you, I’ll radio you.”

Optimus Prime walked towards a large storage facility that seemed to be heavily guarded. Turrets lined the perimeter and the walls were made of incredibly thick alloy. Optimus concluded it would take a major explosion to break through the walls. Whatever was being stored inside was of extremely high importance to Central Command.

He walked towards the front and he felt his spark begin to tug at his nerve sensors. The door to the building had been blasted open, the burn marks on the door still smoking hot – meaning it was very recently blasted. He clutched his axe a little tighter as he slowly moved his way inside.

The interior was nearly pitch black – the lights were off, meaning power to the entire sector was offline. It would also explain how someone blasted open a door with massive turrets resting atop the building still sitting stationary. Optimus took a chance and activated a lighting device built in to his shoulder. A small yet very bright light emerged and flashed on.

Standing directly in front of Optimus Prime with a gun barrel pointing directly at him was a large white and red Transformer. It didn’t take Optimus very long to conclude that he was standing face to face with a real, live Decepticon – something he had never had to battle due to their reclusiveness to the Dead Zone areas of Cybertron. The Decepticon had a smirk on his face as he grinned almost from audio receptor to audio receptor.

“Well, well, well…” chuckled the raspy voice of the Decepticon. “I was told that I shouldn’t be expecting anyone during my visit tonight, but I admit to being pleasantly surprised…”

“You’re…you’re a Decepticon!” Optimus Prime stated the obvious.

“And you’re only half as dumb as you look!” laughed the Decepticon. He took a step forward towards Optimus Prime and literally tapped the end of his gun on Prime’s chest. “Since you’re here maybe you can help me out a little bit … I’m looking for something being stored in this building. It’s said to be an orange-ish yet gold color, with a bright blue sparkly thing inside … know where I can find it?”

“You’re talking about…” Prime began to say before being interrupted.

“The AllSpark!” the Decepticon shouted in Prime’s face. “The almighty artifact of legend itself! I just want to … borrow it for a little bit. Take care of a few … issues I have. You know how those things go, right? Snotty pompous ‘bots that think they know everything … oh what joy would be painted on my face to shatter their expectations … and perhaps a limb or two … with the POWER of the AllSpark!”

“I will NEVER help you, Decepticon!” Optimus vowed, leaning his face towards the Decepticon. “In fact, you’re going to have to go through me before I let you take the AllSpark!”

The Decepticon smiled. He took a step back and raised both of his arms, his cannons now both point-blank range from Optimus Prime’s chest. The inside of the barrels began to glow as the Decepticon powered up the weapons for a massive blast.

“I wish I had something to say right now,” the Decepticon frowned. “Oh well, I was never good with goodbyes. Now, die Autobot!” he shouted as his blasters fired.

6. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime is an apathetic douchebag

Nice stuff thus far, dude. I knew you were man-bait, but I didn't know you were a writer, too. Keep 'em coming!

7. Titanic X

Titanic X Believe in the future!

When will the fancharacters appear?:confused:  Just wondering. Other than that, good start!:D :p 

8. Anodythe

Anodythe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When's the next chapter?:confused: