Transformers Animated out at US Mass Retail

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by yami4ct, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Lord Megatron

Lord Megatron FFFF

I hate you forever, Yami. I came home from work all eager to post this thread. :mad: 

Anyways, they're in NJ. TRU has the mod set for them, just never put them out when I looked. Wal-Mart had them mixed in with the Movie stuff.

Stockade is holding the receipt:

[​IMG]

I now need to decide if i want to make Starscream gray rather than blue, or just make him a Jetstorm.

2. Lord Megatron

Lord Megatron FFFF

mods delete plz

Last edited: Jun 7, 2008
  3. dinobotdude44

dinobotdude44 Cliffjumping Jazz

ADD LOUISIANA TO THE LIST!!!!!! I picked up prowl and lockdown, however they also had all of wave 1, and lugnut and grimlock

4. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Any in Illinois around the Schaumburg area?

5. yami4ct

yami4ct Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My WalMart had a full endcap today. It was amazing. I only picked up Prowl, have Lockdown, Ratchet, BA and Bulkhead already, but I may go back and pick up Grimlock or Lugnut.

6. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I swear the anticipation for Animated figures is even worse once they are out!

I really want Bumblebee, but I also really want that Wal-Mart BB 3-pack with the new Classics deco.

I also really want Prowl, but would way rather wait for his samurai sidecar than the traffic light.

That said, I'd rather not buy the same figs twice, but the restraint is killing me!

Oh well, Lockdown is keeping me somewhat complacent until I can find me a Grimlock...

7. gunman_sr5

gunman_sr5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Champaign IL WM has everything on a pallet. They may or may not put them out. So I snaged the 2 pack out of a case I opened.

8. ODarkThirty

ODarkThirty Mechannibal?Survey says..

The Wal-Mart that's nearest to Holloman AFB, NM had a few Animated figures instock.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Zero Bumblebees. Should've checked Wal-Mart yesterday.

9. giga-galvatron

giga-galvatron Decepticon S.T.A.G ******

They have reached NY as well. So i guess Animated has fully invaded the entire United States. LET THE MADNESS OF THE LONG CHINS ENSUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've landed over the last 2 days:
    All 4 Autobot deluxes
    Voyager Bulkhead
    Grimlock
    Starscream
    Didn't have enough for Lugnut, Lockdown, and Blackarania or Voyager Megs yet.

11. Obvious Prime

Obvious Prime Purple Repaint

News Credits:
    Not that I know, but a fellow IL Transfan has found them....

They should hit our area soon, AniProwl. I'll be looking for them. If I find any, I'll let y'all know, mmmkay?

12. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Not a thing around here. Not really surprised though. Alabama's always been one of the last damn states to get new stuff.

13. transformers32

transformers32 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    picked up grimlock and lugnutz in little rock so i have everything that is out now. yeah for me......

14. Shaba

Shaba Decepticon femme TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    And I hassa Screamer!!!

[​IMG]

The Walmart that I went to had only one other SS in stock and a few Bulkheads, one BA, and several of the Megs/Prime 2-pack.

15. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    Animated has hit New England. I picked up Lugnuts, Megs and Bulkhead at Walmart in New Hampshire.

16. Shaba

Shaba Decepticon femme TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Oh, I also did get the Megs/OP 'The Battle Begins' 2-pack (had to keep it in the car for a while so my Mother wouldn't see it and start ranting that I'm too old for toys and whatnot ;P).

Getting SS out of the packaging was easy...the other two...not so much. I ended up using wire cutters to 'free' Ops and Megs from their packaging confines.

Finally got 'em out and took a snapshot of 'em in action...

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a21/NightHawk117/IMG_0008.jpg

BTW, the Megs/OP set came with a DVD: Transformers Animated, The Battle Begins. It's between OP and Maegs and about 22 min. long (though, I haven't watched it yet...maybe tomorrow).

The Animated figures ROCK...love their detail, their articulation...and their LOOKS!...why can't the movie figures be this cool?!

...hopefully, Hasbro will get a clue and improve on those.

17. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Thanks

18. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So, here's my happy and slightly crappy tale.

I went to a close by Walmart that usually doesn't get much, butt hey actually had most of the wave 1 and 2 deluxes minus BB. I picked up Prowl, Lockdown, and Cybertron Prime. That's the good stuff. Then, I figured I would go to a farther Walmart that's usually really well stocked. The crappy thing was that they only had one single deluxe, AND I looked at palletted boxes. They had 5 huge pallettes still with plastic wrap arpound them of boxes. Third pallette in, there was voyager boxes! I left them as is though, and didn't bother the employees to even see if they wanted to dig them out so I could get them. I don't know when they would actually stock these things, but I hardly ever go to that large Walmart so I doubt I will see the contents of that box on shelves before someone else snags them.

Whatever the case, I got my first few animated toys. I only opened Prowl so far, who's pretty damn shnazzy, with my only complaint being the traffic light, which was just kinda large and unyieldly.

19. Kenucme

Kenucme Yes, I'd get that one too

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You might try asking the WM employees next time. My last experience asking, the employees were more than happy to let me have my pick amongst them (I was quite polite and thankful). One stocker said it was less product she had to put out on the shelf. She was happy to help the collectors.

20. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You state that like it's a fact. Personally, though I love the Animated toys and will definitely purchase every one of them, I think the Movie toys are more impressive in terms of overall engineering and looks (I will give you articulation, though).

Yeah, seriously folks, if they have what you're looking for in the pallets, go for it. I haven't had it happen to me often, granted, but I have yet to hear a Wal-Mart employee say "no" when I ask if they can open up a box for me. Especially if I offer to stock the remnants of said box. If anything, Target's more anal about this kinda stuff than Wal-Mart.