Transformers Animated: One Year Later

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Chopperface, May 23, 2010.

1. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think the mark of a TF media's impact (and possibly quality) can be judged by the caliber of those who hate it. Beast Wars gave us the whole TRUKK not MUNKY thing, after all (actually really the "Why is Optimus Prime a dumb monkey now? This is the stupidest thing ever!" thing. :)  ) . The movies and Animated definitely have their detractors. All I'm sayin' is when a vaguely related thread about some Energon mold being repainted for some exclusive pops up, we probably won't see the repeated "Energon was the worst thing ever! The CGI looked like a five-year old rendered it! I knew it would fail from the start because the toys never sold at the Wal-Mart close to my house, and I was right because the series was cancelled and replaced with Cybertron! That proves it sucked!"

Animated will always have a special place for me for its "This is what it felt like as a kid watching G1" sense of action and fun, combined with a unique visual identity never seen before, and possibly never again.

Last edited: May 24, 2010
  2. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Animated was probably the only series that I was able to enjoy in the fullest because A) It's actualy GOOD B) I'm not a ******ed kid that'll like ANYTHING anyway and C) Unlike BW nobody can say my love for it is NOSTALGIA! Haw!

3. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really liked animated. And I still miss it up to now.

4. Midnight

Midnight Nerdicon

This^^

It's the one TF series where I had to have all the toys.

i'm still finishing them up. All I have left are, Leader Bulkhead, Cybertron Optimus, Cybertron Ratchet, Skywarp, Sunstorm and the unreleased stuff like Rodimus and Blackout.

I hope Takara carries on the toy line with new figures like Red Alert, Strika and Perceptor..

5. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Even though TFA didn't appeal to me, it was clear that the people behind the scenes truly cared about the show and the characters they were creating.

We hadn't seen much of that since the BW/BM days, and it was pretty refreshing.

6. Soundman006

Soundman006 the Doctor

I miss the toys and cartoon :cry  can't find them here:( 

7. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We Exist, and We DON'T Want to Date You

News Credits:
    I still miss it. Despite it still 'living' in Japan, that's not here and not easily available to people who cannot afford the more expensive versions so its just like a tease.

I am luckier than others in that I have a recorded version of Season 3 that a friend made for me, tho.

--Moony

8. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    We need more "haters" like you. :) 

9. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    I really missed that show, it was so nice to be able to care about a TF show again. Like when Prowl died, last time I was that sad for a TF death was when Primal died in BM. All of it was great expect for some of the annoying humans crooks. It was so nice to see a "Optimus Primal" version of Prime.

It had alot for all fans, G1 tribute, BW tribute, BM tribute, Armada tribute, ect. Which was nice to see, heck even a Tick tribute.

The toys were great as well.

10. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i was really burnt out by the movie line, bad automorphs and fiddly transformations, then animated came, i loved it as soon as i saw transform and roll out, waited like a kid in a candy store for every new toy release, and every episode, have the whole series on dvd in some way or another, and always have at least one on my desk to fiddle with. still miss it, and hoping that prime will be good (but even that's fading with the look of bumblebee)

11. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

Loved TFA.

My biggest disapointment OYL is I want my season 3 DVDs, slagit!

12. Mr. Sparklebot

Mr. Sparklebot 'Til All Are Juan

News Credits:
    Animated was great. I admit it was a bit slow in the beginning (maybe due to a lack of Decepticons), but it really picked up as it went on. It ended too quickly though - so much there to tie up, and they weren't given the chance. But still, it remains one of my favorite TF series (because TBH, watching some of the older series like the Unicron saga makes me sort of cringe) to date, and I hope TF:p rime can hold a candle to it.

Nowadays, all I can do is wait for Rodimus to show up on the shelves...

13. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    Boring TV show, Overrated toyline, hysterical fanbase.

I hope it never rears its head again to be honest.

14. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    ^ I appreciate you not aggresively trolling it. :)  I know that there are vicious Animated haters out there, but I appreciate your honest politeness. :) 

15. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

Loved Animated. Infact, right now I am rewatching Season 3 that I "aquired" on DVD and I think I like it MORE now. I liked ROTF, however I think I appreciate Animated even more now because it's superior to ROTF.

Miss it, wish we got all the releases we were supposed to. Animated Prime and Megatron have made it in the my MP display case as alternate realities. Love them as much as I love my Classics/Universe figures.

16. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Third saddest cancellation for me with Futurama and Arrested Development the only ones that top it.

17. alfred p. sloan

alfred p. sloan Well-Known Member

:cry 

18. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

Futurama is awesome! It's coming back on Comedy Central though, June 24th new episodes.

19. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    True dat! Thats why Arrested Development shall always be #1 on the list. Oh god just finally make the movie already!

20. OriginalScream

OriginalScream Well-Known Member

I will always miss Animated, and, though Hasbro doesn't seem to want to continue it, at least we can in our own way.

So, trying not to be over dramatic, I salute a great series, all the people who worked on it, especially Derrick J. Wyatt, and lightly curse Hasbro.