Transformers Animated: One Year Later

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Chopperface, May 23, 2010.

1. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    Well, exactly 365 days ago, Transformers Animated ended with its' 42nd episode, Endgame, Part II.

The initial reaction to the very first piece of promo art was the painfully, annoyingly traditional one, as many people thought it would be too kid-oriented for the older fans. I myself thought so as well.

The show won over many with its' top-notch voice-acting, overlapping storylines, and memorable, unique characters. One could easily tell the difference between Starscream or any of his clones, even though they all had the same body-type.

Ooodles of homages littered the series, with characters, voice actors, storylines, and the main plot structure.

The toyline was one of the best in the franchise's history, with no overarching gimmick - transforming WAS the gimmick. Delightfully poseability and articulation, and sleek paint jobs, as well as high-quality show accuracy all benefitted the toyline.

Moments of maturity were not uncommon in the series, and the final season has an overall darker tone, with savage character beatings, deaths, and tragic backstories.

Transformers Animated may be long gone, but it lives on in the hearts of its' fanbase. We learned that all series should be given a chance before a knee-jerk reaction and that a series can have both great toys and a great show as well.

So transform and roll out, transform and rise up, dare to be stupid, do whatever you can to memorialize the passing of one of the unsung heroes of the Transformers' 26-year history, Transformers Animated.

RIP Transformers Animated. :rip 

Play it off, Michael Bay! :bay :bay :bay 

2. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    I'm glad Animated is dead, stupid show. Has no right to live amongst the other great TF series, which are way more mature. Please stop bringing it up.

3. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lol  Are you being serious?

**looks at your sginature**

4. Challenger

Challenger Loves Bumblebee

News Credits:
    I miss Animated. It was a great show. I wish it could have lasted a little bit longer.

5. John_Force

John_Force 16xNHRA Funny Car Champ TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I agree with Digilaut here. I enjoyed animated, but it's gone and no amount of fan rage can bring it back.

6. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

Don't be such a troll Didgilaut. Despite its animation style, Animated was a VERY mature show; far, far, FAR more so than G1 or the Unicron Trilogy were. The show's early cancellation was a tragedy, and you are the one who has no thread posting in a thread like this.

EDIT: You were being sarcastic? Well that's what I get for jumping to conclusions.

You're not agreeing with him at all: you said you enjoyed it.

7. Autobot-Girl

Autobot-Girl is possibly insane

He was being sarcastic, look at Digilaut's sig.

I really miss TFA, it was my "G1" and really sets standards for shows that may follow it.

8. Mr knightmare

Mr knightmare Banned

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    (I know that your post is pure sarcasm but I was DYING to use that picture :lol )

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2010
  9. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    Come on, I know Animated is dead. I just wanted to make an anniversary or funeral thread for the end of it. And... I honestly don't know why you're bashing it in a thread meant for those who liked the show.

So... please kinda ignore this thread... if you've got nothing nice to say about it, don't say anything at all... m'kay? We don't want the mods to come down on all of us, do we now?

EDIT: While I now see you were being sarcastic, just as a heads up for the haters. Please stay away from this thread. Remember what happened to the "This Forum to close on June 30th" announcement thread?

10. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    Hahaha, I've just been introduced to that video a couple of days ago, hilarious :lol 

Ok, I'll redeem myself..yes, of course I was being sarcastic. :p  I'm sorry Animated is gone. It's definitely not without its flaws but overall a really fun show that got the heart right.

Love the style, love the characters, love the toys.

11. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    RIP Third Best TF series in recent years.

Hopefully, TF: Prime will stand up to the challenge that TFA has laid upon it.

12. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Excellent series and toys. It was surprising to see how well engineered the figures were; maintaining full articulation while having highly styalized sculpts. Haskaraomy did a great job.

I hope the remaining figures we were slated to get see the light of day at US retail. Come on Hydrodive Bumblebee, Wingsaber Prime and Blackout!

BTW can anyone tell me what happened to Ultra Magnus? I saw most of season 3 and the ending, but somewhere along the line, I missed a few episodes and when I saw the final episodes, he wasn't there but his hammer was. What happened?

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Shockwave blew his ass away and took his Hammer. Eventually Ratchet got it back when Shockwave tried to finish off Magnus while the latter was on Spark-support. Ratchet then gave it to Prime, who was reluctant to use it because of his past failure, but eventually was able to use it to defeat Megatron for good.

14. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    Magnus was savagely attacked by Shockwave, left barely alive and hammer-less. He was on Spark Support until Shockwave returned to finish the job, but Ratchet defeated Shockwave and took back the hammer to Earth. Prime used the Magnus hammer in the final battle against Megatron and the Lugnut Supremes. Presumably, Magnus is still on Spark-Support.

EDIT: Whoops. Split Lip beat me to it. :) 

15. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    1 year huh, doesnt feel that long.

Anyways RIP Animated.

16. TMIIWonkoNemi

TMIIWonkoNemi Well-Known Member

Animated was a wonderful way to start 2008 for me,since at that time I was a new Transformers Fan.Throughout the Episodes that aired week after week,I reviewed a majority of them,while learning more about the past they were referencing,adoring classic voice actors such as David Kaye and Corey Burton,to making friends when discussing about the flaws and triumphs of such a wonderful series.

I enjoyed the Series and was sad to see it go.It opened my eyes and brought the Franchise back to the right direction:Where a valued and rich storyline,mixed with references that can make any Fan happy(Especially the long ignored Beast Wars Fans),traditional,yet unique animation,amazing performance of voice actors,and so on.To this day,I still say Animated was a great way to start a year.

17. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

*sigh* Sorry about my rant but seriously, sarcasm just doesn't work on online forums.

18. tfgeek71

tfgeek71 Cert Space Bridge Tech

News Credits:
    Animated is my favorite series yet, and I can't believe it has already been a year since the last episode aired. It ended too soon and I very much miss it. Animated set the bar very high, I hope that what comes in the future can capture some of the magic that this show and toy line had.

19. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I really miss the show.... The best since Beast Wars. I really wish Hasbro would of let animated stay for 1 more season so we could of seen how the Magnus story line played out.

Would Sentinal or Optimus because Magnus...

20. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

I had a hard time catching this show on CN, I wish they'd release the third season on DVD. It was an excellent show, and is missed.