Transformers Animated Lugnut!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Anti Spark, Dec 15, 2007.

1. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

I'm surprized at the lack of Cybertron Jetfire comparisons. It is a very similar looking figure. It even looks overly top heavy in the same way as Jetfire, except in the front instead of the back (the whole top side of the jet as the chest without folding in or up at all looks a little silly).

In a reversal of most my Animated opinions so far, I really like the alt mode for this guy but the bot mode seems pretty questionable to me (clunky, awkward, tiny legs and huge chest and fists). Probably still good enough to pick up for me, but just...I think the colouring might do this guy some justice.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2007
  2. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, I have loved most of the toys I have seen for Animated so far, but this one is a bit of a letdown and I hope his Robot mode is so mistransformed that with the head it will make a huge difference. I like the alt mode a lot though, but the bot mode has less then spectacular hands, a jutting chest that seems to have odd proportions (almot like sagging breasts) and of course, no head yet. I never intend to be a completist with any line, so there are always ones I don't really care for. So far this is the worst I've seen, and although I don't like being negative to the line, I am surprised he is getting a lot of unabashed praise. But, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    It's mis-transformed. The halves of the plane front split and fold back to make the chest. In the picture they're only partialy separated.

It should look like this TFed correctly.

4. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He looks FAR better there. Still not one that I am gonna have to have right away, but much better.

5. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Yet another toy that's going to be sucking at the wallet.

I love it. :D 

6. Paradigm-Shift Prime

lol @ our similar simultaneous posts re: modes.

Ok, a negative I see is that (as with some of the others i.e. cyb dlx Prime) the transformation is very overly-basic. I don't like being able to envision as much of one mode while in the other as some of these Animated toys are bringing. For his transformation here (though not complete) the bot mode resembles the alt mode too much, essentially the whole top half of the bot is still in alt mode, just with flipped up wings, pulled out windows, and flipped down gunfists. I hope not too much of this line has transformation patterns that resemble just taking the bot mode and squishing it in your hand (just folding the limbs and attaching them to the core).

Edit: split lip, you're right that the chest looks a lot better in the properly tf'd pic

7. B-Fox

B-Fox Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wait, so now it's not 'BAAAAAAAAAW! It's not G1!', but 'BAAAAAAAAAAW! It's not Cybertron!' ?

8. Paradigm-Shift Prime

I assume this wasn't directed at me anyways as I'm not 'BAAAAWing' at anything, but in my case of comparing it to cybertron Jetfire I wasn't saying cyb. Jetfire is superior, just that the resemblance is striking.

9. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Because no airplane ever has had anything under it's wing.

10. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Looks like a heavy/medium bomber to me, not a cargo plane. WOW! Hey that dude also has the voyager Prime testshot.

11. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I see what you mean PSP; my first thought was that he reminded me of a bulked up Cyb Jetfire.

12. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    Agreed. That's what I thought of.

And though I only have the Legends Jetfire, I have to say that Lugnut seems to pull off his look/proportions better than Jetfire did.

13. Paradigm-Shift Prime

To me Cybertron Jetfire's problem was that his edges were too clunky/blocky, like big chunky rectangles connected together. This guy has much smoother/rounded off edges in those same areas so he might pull off the general shared aesthetic better than cyb. Jetfire. For me, if the sleeker shapings (of animated in general, with its weird mixture of over and undersized areas) pull that off for this fig without making him look too cutsy or 'lil' transformers-like' I'll probably come to like him more than JF.

14. General Tekno

News Credits:
    Not to mention that with his build he looks like he could tear Jetfire limb from limb.

15. B-Fox

B-Fox Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, no, no. Not directed at you AT ALL, my friend. That was more for Noizemaze, who seems to think since he hates Animated, then anybody who likes it is an idiot. And he reminds everybody of his dislike of the toys in quite a few threads pertaining to them.

I know it isn't technically trolling, but it still is really annoying when the majority of us LIKE Animated's designs.

Also, the calling something 'Preschool' thing is just as ******ed as 'Trukk Not Munky' and really, once THAT little nugget shows up, we should all just turn on the blinders...

16. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Ok, thanks, good to know :cool: . I have been posting some criticisms/mixed feelings in other Animated threads (I like to be able to have likes and dislikes about lines or even one figure without being totally committed or totally against them as a whole) and have gotten some sharp/hostile responses, but I think some of these were really directed at NM and I had just happened to refer to a same aspect and felt also directed at (as here), or got pooled in as a 'hater' given the oppositional environments already going in the threads on Animated I jump into where each extreme end feels they have to defend total love or absolute hatred to the bitter end.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2007
  17. General Tekno

News Credits:
    Yeah - a lot of us are responding to Noisemaze, I think.

I don't mind that he doesn't like the designs himself- but it is kinda tiring to see him go on about it in every single thread.

18. Hotspot17

Hotspot17 Search and Rescue: Vet

News Credits:
    I'm getting an "Animated" over load! Keep the news coming on this series.

19. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

Lug"NUT" actually has nuts! Interesting

20. Autobot Spike

Autobot Spike Original Gangstabot

News Credits:
    actually.. the names would almost fit better if reversed... lugnitz being the armored car and bulkhead being the plane.

-A.S.