Transformers Animated HD on the HUB! Widescreen!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by LordShockwave, Jul 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordShockwave

LordShockwave Harold of Power.

News Credits:
    "Remember when we heard that the Transformers Animated cartoon would be coming to the Hub on July 9th, 2012? Well, yesterday was July 9th and Transformers Animated did indeed make its world premiere on the Hub! But that's not all. What's different this time is that, according to a post by RCX on The Allspark Forums, the Hub is broadcasting each episode in its original widescreen format on their HD channel!

This is the first time that the actual episodes have been officially presented in their original, uncropped, widescreen video format in any fashion. When they aired back on Cartoon Network, the video masters had been cropped to a full screen format, which is also what the DVDs used. Even when released in the Japan, the Japanese dub used the cropped full screen masters with some added background borders to "fill in" the missing widescreen space.

And now, for the first time ever, we are able to properly view the Transformers animated Cartoon in its original, unaltered, widescreen format with everything in full view, and in HD to boot! Here are some comparison screenshots courtesy of The Allspark."

cropped version (original dvd version):
    [​IMG]

new uncropped widescreen version:
    [​IMG]

2. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ok, forget Animated season 3 DVD... Bring on Animated Complete series blu-ray!!

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Me.

Gusta.

4. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    Glorious.

5. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator

News Credits:
    I remembered they were coming on the HUBHD channel and gave it a look...it was SOOOOO much better than the original cropped screen. Widescreen HD is wonderful.
    Looks great and I was glad to see TFA on TV again, even if I do have the DVD's. :popcorn 

6. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.