Transformers: Animated Feature Length Film

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by MekaGojira3k, Jun 6, 2008.

1. MekaGojira3k

MekaGojira3k Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I started thinking about this...what would fan reaction be to a TFA movie?
    Would you guys want it? Do you think they should bother, or do you think the live action films are enough?

Personally I'd love it, but I'm a big fan of Animated. Plus it'd be nice to see something Transformers related that isn't hindered by being realistic (as realistic as the live action film supposedly was.).

So what are everyone's thoughts?

2. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

As long as it doesn't have the backlash The '86 movie did I'm fine with it.

3. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd like to see a straight to DVD movie that takes place durring the great war on Cybertron. Have it pertain to some current event as the Earth Autobots must solve a mystery left over from the end of that war to prevent the a new war from starting. They question those warriors who survived the war and we get those stories in the form of flashbacks.

Just think of the toys that could be made from that. Tho I think they should wait untill after the 2nd movie to do it.

4. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    Could be very good.

5. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

If the writing remains top notch as it has, and it goes to the big screen without ridiculous or goofy advertising, I think it could be a big hit. I think even the critics would be impressed by the depth the writers can reach.

6. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Maybe it'd work or maybe it'd flop like the '86 movie flopped. Though, I agree that if the current writers were kept on and they didn't try to do any over the top advertising campaigns for the line than we might have something that would even impress the worst critics. Than again... we might not. Movie people are definently a very hard bunch to sell to.

That said, if they did do a feature length film for Animated... I'd rather see it be direct to DVD or something like that, because that would probably gel better with the targeted audience.

7. DaraRex2.0

DaraRex2.0 I'd totally eat the leaf

It'd turn into something like DBZ I think. The horrors of that franchise gone bad. but don't forget, whenever they come out with a movie someone has to die, even if they are the highlight character.

Lugnut would die for Megatron. Oh noes.... :cry 

But if they could do it right, then it'd be worth seeing in the theater with a colloseum drenched of noisy kids. Hell, if everyone started screaming and throwing popcorn at the screen when ani Megs popped up, I'd throw my waffles

8. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

Do want.

Honestly, it's hard to know how much buzz TFA is really getting from our little online pressure house. Even the TFA nay-sayers are deferential enough to our majority that enjoy it.

Yes, there are those ratings figures and some commendable (but obscure to me) results from focus groups of kids, but kids like everything on their TV, then forget it for a bit, and whether the franchise really has taken / will take hold is another issue.

Still hoping to go to a cinema in a few years (maybe the near-empty evening performance) and watch TFA The Movie.

There are so many parrallel characters between TFA and the '86 flick, too:
    Have Magnus be OP, Sentinel be UM, Optimus be Hot Rod...

Then fun with Ratchet, Bumblebee, Optimus and the Dinobots on one ship with Prowl, Jazz, Sentinel and a reformed BA on the other...

It all ends with Blitzwing taking control of the remaining Decepticons and starting his own pro-am golf tournament.

9. iamste

iamste Well-Known Member

You just sold it to me.

10. SilverDragon

SilverDragon YEAH TOAST!

News Credits:
    I'd like to see a TFA movie, although I think it'd work best as a TV movie, rather than a theatrical release (although that would be AWESOME).

11. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    If they did make a movie it'd probably just air on Cartoon Network and then get a DVD release.

Although technically we already have a feature length TF:A movie in the first three episodes.

12. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd rather it just stayed as a series to be honest.

13. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    I very much like IronicHide's idea of parallels between Animated and the '86 movie. Animated UM could fall in battle as G1 Optimus did in the '86 movie, Sentinel would quickly take his position as Autobot leader (like G1 UM), but obviously he'd fail miserably, then Optimus would correct his mistakes and end up saving the day (like '86 Hot Rod/Rodimus)! Finally then Optimus would rise to power as the new Autobot supreme commander! I'd like to see a direct to DVD movie of that very much!

14. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I like be more like The BIONICLE movies but with Optimus' stroy tole by himshelf how he get to the Autobot Academy and become a Leader.

15. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would like something like this possibly to end TFA when the time comes. I would love to see something massive that brings back the characters from the series in a battle royal. Keep it out of theaters though. If they hurry it could be released along side TF2 on dvd next xmas

16. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    We still haven't seen an explanation why OP was kicked out (or left) the Elite Guard. It couldn't have been the Elita-1 accident by itself, I mean, Sentinel was as much responsible for that as he was.... It'd make a good movie material.

17. Jochimus

Jochimus Well-Known Member

Actually, for a DTV I wouldn't mind seeing a TFA variation on "The Key To Vector Sigma", with each faction returning on Cybertron on some kind of race-against-time within the planet's innards. All the better to feature appearances by TF characters we wouldn't otherwise see; plus in a DTV you can still get away with things you wouldn't be able to on the show - like killing one or two of the 'main' TF characters and badly damaging others to the point where their post-op appearances are substantially different (thus to increase the chances of them getting all-new toys).

But REALLY the reason I'd like to see them take this route is to provide a means to have a guest voice by Peter Cullen, as Alpha Trion...a more bad@$$ big-honkin'-sword-twirlin' version of Alpha who's about as powerful as Megatron.

18. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    I'd like to see a feature on a par with Batman: Mask of the Phantasm that delves more deeply into the past and pulls out some genuine surprises along the way. The writers of this show definitely have the capability to do something that good imo.

What I don't want to see is this mirror the 86 movie idea, as fanwank tastic as that would be. That movie had no depth whatsoever and every facet of it's plot (such as it was) is entirely geared towards wiping it's slate clean and replacing all the main characters. To do something like that would be a waste of the great talent CN have working on this, talent that would be better appreciated developing something new.

19. Harbinger

Harbinger ecnayonnA

^what you typed^

my thoughts on another such movie though would be the older bots like Ratchet, Magnus, and Megs remembering the great war and giving us more of a insight into how and why it all started. with a repressed and idealistic Megatron trying to pull the Decepticons together to fight for equal rights and a fair portion of their homelands....

well one could hope.

20. DaraRex2.0

DaraRex2.0 I'd totally eat the leaf

<~~ paranoid that they'll kill off our already great characters

But before the movie they gotta give us at least two years worth TFA series crack and AllSpark shard hunting. We have plenty of time to plot and speculate what it should be like *rubs hands together plotting like* :ev: