Transformers Animated - Expanded Universe (TFW Fan-Character FanFic!)

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Fiction' started by Kickback, Jun 5, 2008.

1. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Transformers Animated – Expanded Universe
    A Transformer World 2005 fan-character FanFic

The following story is a fictional story that takes place in the established Transformers Animated Universe, but with little to no ties to the actual Transformers Animated canon. A vast majority of the characters appearing in this story were created by board members of Transformer World 2005, and I, as author, claim no ownership to any of them. If anyone has any objections to how a character is written, how the story is progressing, or just has a great idea to throw in to the story, I encourage a private message to myself detailing your thoughts. The story will continue as long as there is popularity as while the story has a beginning and will have various story-arcs, there is no current planned ending.

I hope you all enjoy and I look forward to your comments, criticisms, and whatever else you come up with!

Prelude

Professor Isaac Sumdac, creator of Sumdac Industries, is a prisoner of war – a war not even of his own people. Years ago he lived a quiet life, the owner of a farm outside the city of Detroit. Then, one night, something happened that would change his life and the life of everyone on the planet Earth.

He remembers the night as if it was only a matter of days ago. There he sat, on an old, ripped up green sofa, reading a book on the advancement of robotic engineering. That was his hobby, you see, anything and everything with technology. But he lacked the proper funding to seek an education through the American school system, so he did what his father before him had done and worked tirelessly everyday on the family owned farm. He yearned for a better life, a life that he could make a difference in the way the world worked.

And then it happened.

A flash of light lit up the sky, drawing his attention to the window of his living room. Once the light had subsided he saw what appeared to be a meteorite of some sort come crashing down not far from where his farm was. Curiosity was a leading trait in the Sumdac family genes and Isaac couldn’t resist the urge to race out and find out exactly what had crashed just outside his farm. So he grabbed his jacket, got in his beat up pickup truck, and sped over as fast as his truck could carry him.

What he found was not of this world.

A metallic head, complete with eyes, a nose, and a mouth, sat in the field staring back at him. Unsure of how to react, he did the only thing he could think of – he raced back to his farm, got some farming equipment, and hauled the thing to his barn. He spent weeks, months, studying this thing and quickly realized how advanced it was. He took a loan out of the bank, built a small laboratory in his barn, and quickly spent weeks toiling over how exactly this robot head worked. His farm suffered from his lack of attention as his crops died and, seeking more money, his livestock sold for more research.

Finally, after nearly a year of studying the robotic head, he made the startling discovery of nanotechnology. He successfully created a small robotic device that he programmed with artificial intelligence, and overnight he became a technological engineer with investors and corporate agencies knocking at his door to learn his secrets. With government funding and the funding of investors, he created Sumdac Industries and became the leading robotic engineer in the entire world.

But he always kept the secret to his success hidden from others. No one, not even his own daughter, Sari, knew his darkest secrets. But one day, after the Autobots arrived on Earth, the giant robotic head began to speak, began to help Isaac continue to create more and more advanced machinery, but it was all a farce.

The head belonged to Megatron, the Emperor of the Decepticons, the evil version of the Autobots, and after some time had passed, Isaac unknowingly helped rebuild the greatest threat to the universe.

Now, imprisoned in a mountain range of a location unknown to him, he sat in a giant test tube, forced to create schematics for something he had no idea how it worked – a space bridge, so that the Decepticons could return to Cybertron, their home world, and conquer the remaining Autobots. Depression hit him hard as he realized that he may be assisting the very messiah that would destroy the entire universe, starting with the planet Earth.

The all too-familiar voice spoke to him, riling him awake from his daydream down memory lane.

“Why the long face, professor?” the deep voice asked. Two red eyes pierced through the darkness in the chamber. “Your work will finally be recognized across all reaches of the galaxy once I have destroyed the Autobots and retaken Cybertron.”

“You’re a fiend, Megatron!” Sumdac shouted back. “The Autobots will find me! And then they will tear you limb from limb!”

“Now now professor,” Megatron smiled, stepping in to the light. “Do not give me any ideas on what I should do with you…”

“Mighty Megatron!” boomed another voice from across the room. Sumdac immediately recognized it as belonging to Lugnut, the most loyal of Megatron’s soldiers and a force to be reckoned with. “We have intercepted a transmission from Autobot headquarters on Cybertron!”

“Play it on screen,” Megatron ordered, turning his attention to the large monitor that was built into the same contraption that held Professor Sumdac hostage.

The screen flickered on as the face of Ultra Magnus, the supreme Autobot commander, appeared on the screen. Megatron smiled, the joy of hacking the Autobot signal and staying one step ahead of their enemies overwhelming him.

“Blur,” the voice of Ultra Magnus said. “The time has come for you to end your assignment and return to Cybertron. There are matters elsewhere in the galaxy that are in need of your skills.”

Another voice, belonging to what Megatron assumed was Blur, answered.

“ButIcan’t,” the voice said incredibly fast. “I’mamatterofclicksawayfromdiscoveringthelocationoftheDecepticons’headquarters! Ifyoupullmeoutnow,we’llloseallthegroundwe’vemadeindiscoveringMegatron’scurrentlocation!”

“Megatron is in hiding,” Ultra Magnus responded. “The only Decepticon we have come across is Starscream. His recent escape has made the Autobot Council edgy. We’re initiating a battle protocol on Cybertron, preparing for a Decepticon offensive. All available resources are being pooled in to this new project.”

“Sowhydoyouneedme?” Blur asked.

“Word has reached us of another Decepticon offensive taking place in the far reaches of a neighboring galaxy,” explained Ultra Magnus. “The Autobot Elite Guard has already been dispatched to every known Decepticon uprising and our numbers are thinning. All available Elite Guard are of rookie rank and have yet to experience live-battle with Decepticons. I need someone to lead the group I plan to send out to this most recent uprising.”

“SorryUltraMagnusbutI’mafraidmyrecentexposurewiththehumansandthefactI’msoclosetoMegatronmakeithardformetoleave,” answered Blur. “IapologizebutIamgoingtohavetorefuseassignment. IrealizeIwillbepunishedandpossiblyloserankbutifwecanstopMegatron, wecanstoptheuprisings.”

“If that is your choice Blur then I wish you haste,” Ultra Magnus said after a moment of silence. “Know if you do discover Megatron we will be unable to send support. Optimus Prime and his men are on their own. Ultra Magnus signing off.”

And with that, the screen went black, the intercepted transmission ending. Lugnut turned to Megatron to see his commander smiling.

“Victory is assured, master!” Lugnut shouted, raising his hand in salute. “Megatron shall conquer all who oppose him!”

But Megatron’s face quickly went from smiling to grimacing. Lugnut voiced his confusion.

“Master?” he asked. “Are you not pleased to learn that we have no opposition?”

“I am pleased, Lugnut,” Megatron responded quietly. “But I gave no order for another uprising. Someone is disobeying my commands…”

“It must be Shockwave!” shouted Lugnut, stomping his foot. “He has always had his own agenda in mind! Allow me to dispose of him for you, master!”

“Shockwave is a loyal soldier,” Megatron responded, walking towards the shadows. “No…I know who disobeys me. A pretender to my Decepticon Empire leads this new uprising. He is nothing more than an insecticon … who I will crush beneath my heel when I return to Cybertron.”

Megatron turned back to Professor Sumdac.

“Continue your work on my space bridge, professor,” he ordered. “I expect it fully operational within a weeks time. Failure … will not be tolerated,” he smiled as he disappeared in to the darkness.

Professor Sumdac looked at his monitor, and then to the darkness.

“Another Decepticon ruler?” he thought to himself. “So if the Autobots are able to stop Megatron, there will be another to take his place? I must find a way to warn the Autobots before it’s too late!”

Meanwhile…

Thousands of light years away, another battle between the Autobots and the Decepticons is about to begin.

2. JazzIsBack

JazzIsBack Well-Known Member

so its going to be like beast wars ascending, taking place in the same story but no interaction with others?

3. knook

knook Let the Virus Consume You

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Fucking Brilliant

4. Kickback

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    I'm actually not a huge Simon Furman fan, so I haven't read anything he's done since the Dreamwave era. But from what I've read about BWA, I'd say yes ... in a sense. BWA had the story taking place at the same time in the same place just completely unnoticed by the canon characters due to, what was it, a temporal/transwarp rift they were in? Or something to that extent?

Whatever. Lame!

This will take place in "another galaxy" at the same time, and events that happen in the actual cartoon will have actually be mentioned or have an effect on the story here. The prelude was to set up exactly what's going on with our story, where it's going to take place, and ties the Decepticon faction to the one we already know of.

The next chapter will set up the Autobots and send them on their way to this "other galaxy" to battle the "new Decepticon uprising". It should be a fun chapter because I get to introduce a lot of the board members' characters and the interaction they'll have (because let's face it, obviously there's going to be some conflicting personalities on this group of Elite Guard rookies!)

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    So who's this new Decepticon ruler? Is it one of the fan characters?

<- Is excited.

6. Kickback

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    I wouldn't necessarily call him a new ruler. More like another force to deal with who doesn't necessarily agree with the way Megatron does things. Does that make him a more evil ruler, or more of a good guy? Time will tell!

7. DaraRex2.0

DaraRex2.0 I'd totally eat the leaf

Man, this'll be hard waiting for. But it's a great start. Megatron is mildly suspecious...he is frought with suspecion....

8. Obvious Prime

Obvious Prime Purple Repaint

News Credits:
    Sweet. I just posted my character's bio in your other topic. It'd be awesome to have him in there.

9. Noise Maker

Noise Maker Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Great start, Kickback. I Wonder who this other Decepticon leader is.

10. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Yup, a great start indeed. :D  SO, what characters are in this? :D  :D  :D 

11. Lazerbeak

Lazerbeak Keronian Ambassador

Awesome prologue to what looks to be an equally awesome fic. I generally stay away from fanfics (I've found very few I truly enjoyed), but your works don't disappoint, so I'll be looking forward to reading this one. And it's about Animated, it can't lose. :D 

12. on_a_warpath

on_a_warpath OAW 2010

This is gonna be awesome!

13. Kickback

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    I haven't forgotten this, I have like 30 fan characters to go through, make up stories for, create personalities for, incorporate in to the timeline and story, etc. On top of being the Store Manager for a toy store, work 45 hours a week, and try to maintain the beginning of a new relationship.

I am working on it! And the first "chapter" ... very long, very fun, and I hope you guys laugh, as I'm throwing some comedy into it.

14. Obvious Prime

News Credits:
    Sweet. Can't wait.

Also, your sig is Lulz. :lol 

15. Tomiku

Tomiku black repaint fetishist

“No…I know who disobeys me. A pretender to my Decepticon Empire leads this new uprising. He is nothing more than an insecticon…" Seeing that line in a story written about fancharacters (who could very possibly just be G1 characters redone for the animated universe) by someone whose username is Kickback doesn't leave much for imagination, now does it? :p 

Oh, and the Ark definitely has dice in the mirror. Axalon probably does too. XD

16. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Axalon was confirmed to have dice in the mirror. Optimus, he had it. Too bad they got lost when the ship crashed.

17. Obvious Prime

News Credits:
    Indeed. They were fresh.

18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Which was more than I could say about the Ark. If anything I could say that ship was rare. Smell ya later.

19. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    Very nice, Kickback. :) 

Really like this idea, very original. Good prologue and I can't wait to see what happens next.

20. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    this looks like it could be pretty fun, Kicky! pretty nice setup so far.