Transformers Animated Episode 36 - Predacons Rising Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Sol Fury, Apr 10, 2009.

1. Starscreamer217

Starscreamer217 Banned

News Credits:
    oh my God, what an episode.

1. The Jet Twins are still here
    2. The Dinobots are back
    3. WAZZZZZZZZPINATOOOORRRRRRRR!
    4. Aw, what a cute SP and Ba reunion... ;) 
    5. Waspinator's still alive
    6. Blackarachnia finds a new following... "You gotta be kidding me..."

2. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Really liked the episode. And the ending was just perfect. Awesome nod at BW...and even sets up a potential BW Animated episode. Waspinator was great, really liked his more menacing voice. Jetfire and Jetstorm, love 'em as always. Dug the reunion of BA and SP. Seeing Prime and Sentinel..make up was actually rather satisfying (hope it follows through).

3. OptimusGinrai

OptimusGinrai Is Not The Breakman

PERFECT episode. Loved Waspinator and Blackarachnia returning. I always love to see the jet twins and Jazz appear. And the Maximals at the end just made it even better.

4. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    It's the same reasoning that people had when they burned/hung "witches".

Something about saving their souls/sparks from the devil/technorganic form.

5. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

I agree good nod to BW Waspinator made creepy due to the fact he is techno organic so you had "fluids" all over, kinda like it was his blood.

6. cleazer

cleazer Lost in the lights

News Credits:
    Yep, that was typically goofy. Only Sentinel would go for something like that.

What a great episode!

7. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Another episode showing how awesome season 3 is as well as Animated in general. With DeTillo & Foward writing I was both excited & concerned as I knwo they're great writer but wasn't sure if they knew how to write for the characters in Animated. Overall my worrys were put to rest as we got a long awaited confrontation, 2 nice homages to BW at the end and several other awesome moments such as "The Fly" styled transformation. My only complaint is that Waspinator seems a bit fat in bug mode, while his toy clearly demonstrates otherwise. No doubt I'll buy Season 3 on DVD when it comes out.

8. Caine

Caine Rise up to the glory!!

News Credits:
    How long it'll take to get the Megaupload or Torrent of it ready? :( 

9. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My thoughts:

Positives:
    -Waspinator, finally! Yay! Loved his lines, too, including the infamous "Waspinator haz planzzz". And pulling himself back together at the end. He's not a pushover this time, though. Which fits in nicely with the whole "powerful Decepticons" theme this series has got going, I'd have been disappointed if he got slagged easily.
    -The Sentinel/Blackarachnia angle was played up VERY nicely. Wow, Sentinel really is a douche. I think he was planning to kill BA before Waspinator interrupted everything.
    -The BA head reveal was great. 'Bout time we saw what was under there!
    - I agree, best. Ending. EVER. I imagine they're in Africa somewhere. And those are just animals-- you guys are looking into things way too much.
    - Mentioned earlier with the preview and all, but the Sentinel/Optimus bickering was priceless. Especially the "Primer Prime" line.

Negatives:
    -Episode moved a little slow for my taste, and would have loved to see a bit more of Waspinator in action.
    -Blackarachnia jumping into Wasp's transwarp explosion seemed a little... odd. Why? She fights with Sentinel and Optimus and then "sacrifices" herself to save them? It just seemed a bit too transparent of a means to "get the characters out of the way for a while".
    -The Dinobots barely did anything. Grimlock had what, one line? I understand Jetfire and Jetstorm are more powerful than your average 'bots, but they should have showed a bit more of the fight.
    -The Optimus/Sentinel making up at the end sounded forced. "He's a good guy"? REALLY? What happened to "When the smoke clears, you and I are gonna have it out?" It's not like Sentinel really did anything in this ep to redeem himself, quite the opposite...
    -Still no Sari.
    -We're now over halfway through the season.:cry 

Overall, a very nice ep, though not perfect. 8/10.

10. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Even though I still think 5 Servos is better, I really loved this episode! For reasons, pretty much read what everyone else has posted, but my favorite part was the end. Not only do the Maximals' beast modes make an (awesome) appearance, but Waspinator in pieces and putting himself back together really completes the Beast Wars feel.

11. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Sentinel and Optimus need to get a room :lol .

12. Silent_Magnus

News Credits:
    I don't think anyone thinks that those four animals are actually Transformers..yet. Although, it's a pretty obvious homage.

13. girafeswordsman

girafeswordsman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It was even a giant rat right?

14. realCliffjumper

realCliffjumper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Breif Synopsis: Look away now if you don't wanna know!

First five minutes we saw in preview. Jet Twins carry away Sentinel to Dinobot Island in persuit of Wasp. Optimus warns Sentinel not to go b/c hasn't told him about Black Arachnia. But he goes. Swoop delivers Wasp to BA and he suddenly becomes the most adorable character ever b/c he too is now in love w/ BA. She tricks him into Transwarp Generator thing with a wasp and flips the switch. Sentinel and Jet Twins arrive and Jet Twins distract Dinobots by attacking them. Sentinel sneaks in and meets BA. And he is disgusted. And he is a total A-hole to her. And she is like, "yeah, whatever." He really is cruel to her about her organic half. Really, really, really mean. Especially when he knocks off her helmet...I don't think it looked that scary, but w/e. Waspinator is born. Optimus and BB show up, Waspinator attacks BB. BB appologizes for all he has done. Waspinator says, "Wasp forgive...but Waspinator NEVER FORGIVE!" Then he starts going wonky and malfunctioning. Optimus, Sentinel, and BA are all reunited. BA reveals that she was going to use Waspinator to fix herself even if it killed him. Waspinator overhears and starts attacking. They all run out of Meltdown's old lab. Dinobots are completely defeated by Jet Twins...yeah...unbe-effing-livable. Waspinator is about to blow up or something and BA spins a web around them both. There is a giant explosion and Dinobot Island loses like 3/4 of it's total mass. Sentinel is a bit humbled and he and Optimus appologize to each other for what happened all those years ago. Elite Guard leaves. Flash to another island (I think Dinobot Island in the pre-historic past) where Waspinator is in pieces though he is pulling himself together. BA looks up and sees...THE MAXIMALS. Though just in their beast-modes. They may just be animals.

There are a lot of great lines that you can't appreciate until you watch it, and it makes it that much better!

15. Silent_Magnus

News Credits:
    Considering their size compared to Blackarachnia(who is close to Optimus and Sentinel's height) I'd say that they were all giant.

Unless it was the normal scale wackiness that we get in Transformers.

16. tehKOREANdude

tehKOREANdude Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yeh those weren't maximals. probably wont ever be. they wont be a one-shot team like rodimus's team cuz the writers would have to explain the origins. not worth the hassle. these are just animals.

17. killingbee

killingbee Well-Known Member

As for the four animals maybe BA will try to experiment in reverse instead of turning robots in organics she turns organics into robots.

Or maybe she'll do what I thought she was gonna do with Wasp, figure out how to turn everybody into a freak like her so she won't be a freak anymore.

18. KrytenKoro

KrytenKoro Well-Known Member

Gah.

Seriously, try to be more chauvinistic about history.

Yes, they were wrong about the people being witches, but if you had actual proof that someone had sold their soul to be able to place hideous curses on others, what other options would a good person have?

The only difference between good people now and those who burned the witches is not in morality, it's simply that we don't believe that witches actually exist.

Sorry, just something that irks me.

19. Ghostofmegatron

Ghostofmegatron Well-Known Member

Waspinator is now hates both bumblebee and blackarachnia because Blackarachnia used transwarp energy to turn wasp into waspinator wich teleported both wasp and blackarachnia into a jungle with wasp in peices but still alive and blackarachnia is infront of a gorlila, a cheeta, a rat, and a rino.

20. LadyHood

LadyHood Bounty Hunter

LOL! that ep. was beast!...i love the end when BA wakes up lol!:rock