Transformers Animated Episode 27 - Sari, No Ones Home Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by iamste, Jun 5, 2008.

1. iamste

iamste Well-Known Member

Just watched it then, nice episode.
    I wont talk much about the plot and such for the people who haven't/can't see it yet.

Not as great as the past two episodes, though. imo.

2. knook

knook Let the Virus Consume You

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    cool, can't wait for the torrent :D 

3. Kenny278

Kenny278 Fort Max fan

4. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Yes, it was quite a fun episode.

Here comes a spoiler summary, look away now if you don't want to be spoiled!

- Episode starts with Prowl doing ninja training. Sari wants to show she can do it too, and gets KO'ed by the first obstacle. On the easiest setting.
    - Bulkhead shows up, he can hear dripping and it drives him mad. Turns out, Bumblebee's got a leak he's not bothered to patch up (the slob!)
    - News report shows the Constructicons on a rampage. Optimus gives the order to Transform and Roll Out! He makes Sari stay behind "it's too dangerous, they almost took off your head last time, and they were trying to be friendly back then." My brother cheered at this point.
    - Sari is upset at being left behind... for about two seconds. Then she decides to go all "Home Alone", snacking on excessive junk food, messing with Prowl's training gear, hanging upside down from Prowl's tree (humming the G1 theme to boot!)
    - Bumblebee's still leaking. Bulkhead's still annoyed. He sticks a "I <3 [Autobot Symbol]" bumper sticker on the leak. Bumblebee sees a cement mixer that looks like Mixmaster and attacks it, Sparkplug (!) leans out of the cab and asks why he's attacking his vehicle. Bumblebee fumbles an apology.
    - Meanwhile, Megatron sends Blitzwing to recruit the Constructicons with a barrel of oil. He orders him, under no circumstances, to engage the Autobots. This naturally doesn't last long once he finds them.
    - The Constructicons follow the oil spillage back to the Autobot's base, but don't realise that's what it was. Sari bumps into them and screams loudly for what seems like ages, then runs and hides under her bed. Scrapper breaks her cell phone, Sari decides to get even. She goes after them with a hockey stick. Constructicons 1, Hockey Stick 0.
    - Meanwhile the Autobots fight Random Blitzwing, who fires off loads of fire and ice blasts all over the place. Autobots try to lure him to an area with less humans and hit a traffic jam. Hothead Blitzwing takes over, throws a pair of tankers at the bots. Ratchet stops the tankers with his magnets, Prowl, Prime and Bulkhead charge Blitzwing. Bulkhead plays distraction "he always goes for me first anyway" then gets blasted and whimpers "told you".
    - Sari meanwhile manages to contact Bumblebee, Bulkhead and Prowl are seen fighting Blitzwing in the background. Signal cuts off right before Bumblebee gets flattened by Blitzwing. Sari realises she is on her own and sets up a trap for the Constructicons.
    - Autobots go into formation Omega to fight Blitzwing, but he's too tough for them and takes Ratchet hostage. Megatron calls him off "I thought I told you not to engage the Autobots!" The Autobots wonder what just happened, but head for home to rescue Sari.
    - At the plant, Sari uses the plant's machines and some oil to trap the Constructicons and beat them up - she smacks Scrapper about a bit, grabs Mixmaster with one mechanical arm and spins him around with others smacking him silly. Then dumps both on the conveyor belt, shoots them full of rivets, and dumps them next to the exit using the magnet. Hmmm, can anyone say "playset"? Sure feels like it with the number of gimmicks she was using!
    - Autobots arrive and are impressed Sari beat the Constructicons on her own, then find the candy bar wrappers she was pigging out on and are less than impressed. Meanwhile, Blitzwing finds the Constructicons, hands over the oil, and they all walk off into the sunset together...

All in all, a fun episode. Sari VS the Constructicons was funny, but the real fun stuff was Blitzwing vs all five Autobots. The Autobots were holding back due to the number of humans around, but Blitzwing was still pretty tough. The Omega Formation wasn't botched, he just plain recovered from Bulkhead & Prowl's fastball special far more quickly than anyone thought!
    Also, Mixmaster's got a new robot mode ability! Or maybe I should say he's got an old one back. He doesn't just mix cement - he sprays out acid on a couple of occasions, and in the news footage early on he also uses a smokescreen! Yes, the mixing drum chemistry set of the original Mixmaster is present and correct!

The bumper sticker was also awesome. Hasbro needs to make and market some of those!

Last edited: Jun 5, 2008
  5. Pikatron

Pikatron Well-Known Member

Thanks for the torrent Kenny!

Sorry for going off topic, but where are all these eps coming from? I think I missed the memo - is the UK further along in the cartoon series than the US? Last I heard, Canada was one episode ahead of the US, but there has been 2-3 new episodes released this week alone. What gives?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2008
  6. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can't wait to watch this evening. Thanks again for the Torrent! I'll be sure to seed.

7. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Ack, you had to edit the one I didn't clean away :p 

Anyhow, yes, we're ahead here. We've been having new episodes of the show for the last two weeks, one new episode every day.

Unfortunately they're starting over tomorrow, A Bridge Too Far I presume is getting the feature episode treatment like Megatron Rising.

8. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    The UK has been getting a new episode every day this week as its shown daily here. I think we may not be getting the finale 2 parter straight away though.

9. Pikatron

Pikatron Well-Known Member

Oh... I see now. Thanks for the info guys. I can't wait for this episode to finish downloading and, once it does, I'll keep it seeded for a while.

10. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    I liked that Mixmaster has skills in chemistry like his forefather.

Also I checked the credits, they actually name the construction worker Sparkplug, awesome.

11. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    double post

12. Autobot 47

Autobot 47 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Double post!

13. Autobot 47

Autobot 47 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks!
    The TFA episodes are coming faster than you can say "Decepticons Incoming!" :D 

14. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    Chemistry set? o wow, this episode oozes with cool sounding stuff, esp. Blitzwing!!

15. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Great episode (and thanks for the quick torrent upload!)

It was a fun filler/lead-in episode, with lots of funny nods to Home Alone, great characterisation for the Constructicons (especially Scrapper who didn't get to shine last time), and a weird sub-plot with BB's leak - it was never fixed, wasn't it? What was the point with that?

I loved the way the two doofuses are still not evil, just obnoxious - and how they played a kind of Hardy (Mixmaster) and Laurel (Scrapper) dynamic, with 'Mix' always going after the oil, berating and physically punishing the meeky 'Scrap' who tries to warn him of the dangers... :) 

There is only one thing really bugging me now... With the meek but helpful attitude and overall insecurity complex, not to mention the steam shovel alt. mode, Scrapper should have really been called Scavenger, as he's more of a hommage to the orginal G1 Scavanger. I guess it's the same reason why Slag is now called Snarl...

16. Legless Pete

Legless Pete Chairman Kaga

I have awful torrent luck- can anyone throw it on vimeo or youtube?

17. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    EDIT: Great, double post again... when will the board be finally fixed?

18. Legless Pete

Legless Pete Chairman Kaga

Can anyone throw the torrent on vimeo or youtube? I have awful torrent karma.

19. Ahnnieh

Ahnnieh Decepticon

The torrent is very dead ;__;

Edit: Nevermind OO I decided to see if the torrent would go faster on my laptop. My desktop seems to be having a few....problems lately. On my laptop it started downloading with 1 mb/s. HOLY CRAP! And for the first time ever uTorrent is giving me the green light, connection is working okay, thingie.

IT IS A GOOD DAY ^^

20. optimus major

optimus major Banned

News Credits:
    i am right now on veoh

oh and my fav quote of the day

mixmaster:"WHAT THE FRONT-END LOADER WAS THAT" :lolol  way better than what we use at school: "shut the front door"