Transformers Animated Episode 21: "Velocity" Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Super_Megatron, May 10, 2008.

1. Infosaur

Infosaur Ancient Cybertronian

Okay here's my thoghts:

The illegal drivers look famiar. I'm pretty sure I've seen a 70's cartoon characher with that hair and nose. Not Speed Buggy, but perhaps another show? And the girl reminded me of Nightbird, I can't think of any other female cartoon charachter that she reminds me of. (Also hot EMT chick FTW)

Master Disaster's Voice bugs me. I know foreign accents are easy for voice actors to emulate, but I would have prefered someone to do an impersonation of Vin Diesel from Fast & Furious.

Bumble's transform scene when racing over the ice was just badass!

I think it's offical Fanzone needs a new car.

Fanzone knows short cuts,,, but I thought no one could out run a radio?

Would be cool if the "street racing" took place on streets and not sewer ditches, but I understand how that would be hard to animate anyway.

Hahah, just noticed one of the "street racers" is a Gremlin. Not exactly a fast car.

Still kinda want to see Bulkhead's "battle mask/helmet" assuming he has one. Might be cool if he has a helmet more in proportion to his underbite.

As a guy who actually DID race for a while, I fail to see the fun of "remote control" racing. I can't imagine driving a car from a stationary location and still have a good idea of where your approach angles and apexes lie. So MD's "remote" kinda ticks me off.

Also who would race with this guy if the races were fixed anyway?

The Boosters make Bumble Bee's robot mode look cooler. His car mode still looks like a cross between a Honda Civic, an Acura TSX and a Renault Clio.

Fanzone has a nav system in his car,,,, AND A MOTHER IN-LAW? Wow major revalation there! Fanzone's married (or was) but he hates kids.

That shot with Blitzving raining missiles down on Bumbles reminds me of that scene in the first episode of G1. When Bee and Wheeljack are running from the Terrajets.

Looks like Team Rocket is blasting off again!!!!

Blur kinda reminds me of the Wraith (for all you youngin's might want to check out this 80's popcorn cult clasic) I understand that Armada Blurr was more of a badass than G1 Blurr, maybe this new version will be some what of a cross between the two.

2. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, I really liked that. Variations of it are okay, but I think now's about the point to drop the whole "This is why I hate machines" thing and just have machines continue to malfunction on him and have him groan/growl or something instead of just say the same thing he's been saying so many times now.

Oh, and I can't believe no one's mentioned this yet (and that I forgot to include it in my initial post), but my fav quote from this episode:

"Think you can track the source of that signal?"
    "Of course! Piece of cake!"
    "The... broadcast's coming from a... piece of cake?"

:lolol 

3. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We Exist, and We DON'T Want to Date You

News Credits:
    Actually she's referred to in an earlier episode (Total Meltdown I think), where Sumdac mentions an 'unfortunate incident with the captain's wife' while demonstrating the newest police robot...who also malfunctions.

--Moony

4. Infosaur

Infosaur Ancient Cybertronian

Hmmm, I wonder if it will be revealed what happend to her? If she was killed it might explain why "I hate machines!" But if you're slightly more rude,,, The "Spaceship Scene" in Heavy Metal :D ream: comes to mind. :lolol 

5. Optimus17

Optimus17 Well-Known Member

Okay this episode was somewhat good but also disappointing. I like Bumblebee episodes but I wish they would focus more on the other autobots. Bumblebee seems to get the most screen time. I liked Master Disaster, I thought he was a fun character. The idea of Bumblebee being in an underground drag race seems to fit him very well. Anytime Blitzwing shows up is a plus for me. Now for the bad. I was extremely disappointed with Blurr. He never once transformed or even talked! I was waiting the whole episode to here the return of John Moschitta Jr.'s return as the voice of Blurr and he was no where in site. I know that Blurr is coming back in future episodes but I still think they should have had him at least say something or if they couldn't get the actor for that episode then have him transform. Other than that this was a good episode. I still like the line where Master Disaster says something along the lines of "You want to race the blue racer, right?" and Bumblebee says "Slag yeah." I thought that was funny.