Transformers: Animated Episode 14 - "Nature Calls" Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by GetterDragun, Mar 22, 2008.

1. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    while we can except things on the basis that its a show written for kids, there's nothing wrong with questioning things based on logic and rationale. that the the whole point of us adults talking about a kids show on a toy discussion forum.

2. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Wow. Take a chill pill dude. There's no reason to be so pearsonal about it. I think his opinion on the subject is valid and while I just enjoy it on a level of a children's show I do think about things logically (like KA stated above me) and was thinking the same thing myself. And I came to the same conclusion... the writers probably either thought that it wasn't important or that they didn't think about it when they were writing the show.

And, actually, I think this series has a great flowing story going on in the background and works well as individual episodes too.

Yes and it's been 14 fun episodes.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2008
  3. Tigran

Tigran Well-Known Member

God.. Your still allowed to post?

4. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Good Episode!

I loved zombie Prowl!

5. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

Beautiful. They've dove-tailed this and Megatron Rising perfectly. Extremely well-written, for a kid's show.

And Sari isn't ******ed! WHOO! She's like, the most useful human that's ever been in a Transformers series, ever.

6. lookinglasself

lookinglasself crush/destroy

This one wasn't good at all. BUT, I did like the ending. Can't wait for next week's episode! MEGATRON (finally)!

7. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    you know the show writers are good when they made an otherwise filler episode as an effective jumping off point/ setup for the season finale.

stuff I liked:
    - snow plow = jerk
    - where do you find room to store all that? you dont wanna know. hehe.
    - prowl setting up tent ninja style LOL
    - fricking space barnacles!
    - zombiebots!
    my take on why the key didn't work with the console: the panel was in a state of disuse? basically what prowl was saying how u cant always rely on machine, which is cool by me.

the sari curing the bots with instant hot water was lame tho.

8. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Is it just me or is the quality better? (Must be subcontracted animators)

While some of you guys says it's too anime-esque for this ep I have to disagree.

It is 21st century American cartoony with the mouths and all.

Mouth movement in this ep is much much better than some episodes.

9. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Those are annoying to some of us Americans too.

10. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

a matter a fact, they're going right into the second season, next month, aren't they?

so yes...

it will be around for a very LONG time. :) 

i actually really liked this episode, lol not so much for bumblebee or prowl, but for sari.

she seems to be much more mature in these later shows.

and a much more valuable member of the cast. too.

11. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I found this to be a nice fun episode. I am so loving this series. I realy like the stand alone eps with stuff in the background so much more than the 52 ep story arcs from the last few series. I just need them to rerun the firs 4 or so eps as the sound was not right when I recorded them (or an announcement of seasonal sets).

It would have been nice to spend a couple of seconds to have BB or Prowl try to "call" the others only to get static before trying to go get help. But that is a minor gripe.

BB was great in his role for this ep. Comedy galore and another partial transform to ride the car tracks were good.

12. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    A little on the bland side, but there was enough comedy in this one to make it interesting. (Robot zombies are always good for a laugh.) At the end, it felt like the entire ep was just filler to set up Megatron's return. But it was moderately fun filler, at least. I loved the snow plow gag at the beginning--that may be the best laugh I've gotten the entire series.

Also liked the refs to Constructicons, Sparkplug, and Swoop's head (???, but resembled G1 Laserbeak/Buzzsaw toy head a little too, I thought).

Funny. With a name like "Nature Calls", I thought about taking a pee.

This episode also reminded me of SpongeBob, but only because there was a direct reference to the show with Bumblebee's quip about "Barnacle Boy."

13. SeishinKibou

SeishinKibou Well-Known Member

I really enjoyed the this weekends episode~ I might be slightly biased because I favour BB. Plus I would be the same about camping...need...computer/tv/electricity >_< I didn't mind the over exaggeration of expressions :lol  I think you just need to turn down/off your critical eye when watching this show because you'll only enjoy it less.

The luggage and fire hose quotes were the best :lol  XD There's going to be super action next week~!

14. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    My assumption was that it was basically a furnace, and had minimal electronics, while the toilet was one of those fancy-ass deals like ya see in Japan. (there's also the Sumdac/cybertronian tech link too)

My other thought was that the furnace didn't have a key interface at all, and Sari was just rattling the key around in an air duct or hand hold or something. :)  (damn thing didn't fit, did it?)

Dis is some tasty tripe! :D 

15. SlayerDarkCross

SlayerDarkCross -----------> ? TFW2005 Supporter

Heh it almost looked like she was trying to put the key in a floppy drive.

16. Tigran

Tigran Well-Known Member

The key is only USB compliant. ;) 

17. Glass Gas

Glass Gas Cliffjumper's Side Arm

Who is Jar Jar? The garbage can bots in the SOundwave episode? Don't just assume people know the names of all the characters.

18. PunkyBrew

PunkyBrew Active Member

Good ep.

Weird that no one caught the "Character building" line of Prime's being a direct homage to Calvin and Hobbes. Prowl taking on the part of Calvin's father and BB the part of Calvin.

Snow Plows ARE evil. Never around when you need them, and when they are normally they are right infront of you doing 20 MPH and throwing gobs of mud on your windshield. :D 

Zombie robots, awesome! Reminded me of the whole monster direction G1 took in season 3.

19. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    Jar Jar is a famous Star Wars character known for being very annoying,
    and in some people's minds he was one of the reasons "Episode 1: The Phantom Menace" sucked.

And if people didn't assume that everyone knew the names of the characters in the show the forum is about(even though this example doesn't really have anything to do with it seeing that Jar jar is a Star wars Character) then everyone would have to describe the characters such as.

"The Guy with a Giant Ax"
    "That one ninja-bot"
    "That one guy with a nose"

So if you don't know the character someone is talking about there are plenty of ways to find out. Such as visiting the transformers wiki.
    http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

20. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I just thought of something.

What if the slot in the console wasn't connected to the systems, but just a hole leading nowhere? Like a grip handle or design feature?

Be funny if that's what it was.