Customs: Transformers Animated Defensor Plan - Need some tips

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by dave-wa, Apr 15, 2009.

1. dave-wa

dave-wa Cause i'm a Jazz man

Ebay:
    Transformers Animated Defensor

This will be my first transformers mod, but i use to have alot of games workshop products for a long time back in the day so i have some (however basic) skills.

Hot Spot - Voyager class Optimus Prime
    Streetwise - Deluxe Jazz - plus police lights (not electronic)
    First Aid - Deluxe Ratchet - new head
    Groove - Deluxe Prowl
    Blades - Voyager Lugnut (modified)

Use the cyber speed bumblebee power bot as the basis for the defensor body parts, to fit an animated style, however, he only has one hand.

UPDATE 16/4: Have bought Jazz, Prowl/Megatron double pack and Voyager Optimus. So, will go from there.

UPDATE 19/4: I have been thinking about what has been said, and i have come up with some ideas to bulk up voyager prime.

One idea i came up with is to use his battle axe to create a larger area for the chest, with the arms connecting to that. This would be done by adding sheets to the axe handle and sides that fold into hotspot's vehicle mode. This could turn him more into a fire truck. Also, either turn the water cannon into his head, or create something the same size. This will allow for the head to spin 360 degrees.

I will have to create a groin for him as well to bulk it up. you can do the same leg transformation as g1 hotspot on voyager prime, so maybe do something similar.

UPDATE 20/4: Bought Rescue Ratchet with 2 legends for cheap, and bought a model helicopter (Eurocoptor EC145) to put over megatron, but too small (1:72). Going to put it on ebay to get rid of it, unless someone wants to buy it off me for the same price i payed, maybe a dollar or two less, depending on postage.

Might go with what's been suggested and use lugnut for blades.

Also bought some green stuff modelling putty and sculpting tool from games workshop, going to just model over the faces on the current transformers.

Might mock up the chest using cardboard to show what im aiming for with my defensor.

UPDATE 22/4 Bought atomic lugnut off ebay, who is now blades. just got to wait for him to arrive.

UPDATE 28/4 Lugnut arrives (finally!), got plans.....Use lugnuts waist connection as the plug to connect

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2009
  2. AndreyOfDoom

AndreyOfDoom maximize

News Credits:
    Nice idea! Keep updating.

3. Destructicon 1

Destructicon 1 Original Gestalt

hey sounds good i also thought about an animated defensor. i would also use the voyeger prime as hot spot. use ratchet as first aid, jazz or elite guard bumbulbee as streetwise, and maybe the ninji version of prowl with the sidecar as grooves to add a little more size. as for blades my idea was to use lugnut as the base and basically add roters. i hope it might help u.

4. Dom

Dom TFA Supporter

News Credits:
    Lugs as Blades is not a bad call. You could even use the sidecar from Prowl as the front end. Without his tail weapon he is probably the same length as Jazz. I quite like the concept of Blades being a bulky bot, fits well with the lifting/whinch part of his rescue status

5. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

I also have plans to do Animated Defensor - I had what you had, with Oil Slick for Groove and a modded Jetfire/Jetstorm for Blades. Which is weird 'cause I don't even OWN them yet, I just sorta worked out how it would work in my mind (mainly having the rotor assembly fold onto the back with the cockpit). I've got plans for lots of custom combiners - I like 'em, what can I say?

6. Autobotknight08

Autobotknight08 Well-Known Member

I was fumbling around this morning and did not have time to post before
    I had to go to work. I took my Bubmlebee and folded the uper body strait back and either with twisting the torso or not it has potential. Its not perfect but its another option.

7. Autobotknight08

Okay so I dunno how to close the bottom maybe that would be a good place to store the Combiner Arm. Then I again I am sure there are other ways maybe, I dunno I just do digibashes :D . For now.

Attached Files:

8. deliciouspeter

deliciouspeter Back in Black TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Autobotknight, I love that idea of bumblebee as blades. He would work beautifully I think.

My other comment would be that Voyager Prime is pretty small for the torso, not much taller than a deluxe, and he's all legs! Maybe consider Bulkhead?

Waspy as Blades is going to present some challenges too, he's very lean and his wings attach to a flapping mechanism. Not impossible, but I think the Bumblebee or Jetfire/storm idea is a bit closer.

9. Autobotknight08

Thank you. I really do not know where it came from. I am really happy to see someone making an animated combiner. I have very low kitbash experience and need some examples.

I agree with the prime thing. He is kinda small. I still wanna see him as hotspot though woulda been my first choice too. Maybe you could use some styrene and bulk him up. . . poor little Optimus.

10. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    Oilslick is a good base for Groove! He's got the spot for saddlebags where the barrels are, you'll just have to make it less biker-y, more CHiPs-y!

This may give you some inspiration for Blades, Deluxe Cybertron mode Megs is my choice for Vortex, Blades could be done similar.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/211293-tfa-combaticons-phase-1-vortex.html

I have a TFA Defensor planned as well, here's my recipe:

Hot Spot = Voyager Prime
    Blades = Activators Megatron
    Streetwise = Activators BumbleBee
    First Aid = Activators Ratchet
    Groove = Another Activator with the living crap modded out of it.

He'll be a bit smaller, but scalewise it works for me!:thumbs2: 

11. spoonman

spoonman Kitbasher extrordinaire!

I've been messin with my animated pals all day since I saw yer post and yeah, I'd hafta gotta say that lugnut would work best. Wouldnt be that hard to do at all. Also I dont think that Prime would be to small. The combined bot would have wicked skinny thighs but, hey-Its Animated!! Distortion is what its all about! Looking forward to seeing this.

12. dave-wa

Ebay:
    I originally thought i could use megatron to be honest. And i have bought one, so yeah, we'll see.

13. blurr/camaro10

blurr/camaro10 the raveger of worlds

this idea is awsome

14. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    Thinking on this, Lugnut would be awesome for Blades! Just cut the wings off and remove the mace/tail and he's just about deluxe in altmode. We all know he's deluxe in botmode, so there ya go!:thumbs2: 

15. 1-10

1-10 Well-Known Member

good idea

16. dave-wa

Ebay:
    MODs - can this be moved to the heavy custom forum, as it is now a heavy custom.

17. dave-wa

Ebay:
    Updated

18. Skyripper

Skyripper Seeker

looks cool. have you thought of doing the whole unicron/primus method to combine them exept use that huge prime toy for the crotch and thighs and thorearms. it might make it easier to get the proportions looking good. if you realy wok it it could combine to form the fire truck section of the hotspot.

19. 1-10

1-10 Well-Known Member

sweat wish i could get my Combaticons done

20. luke4

luke4 crocon

sounds promising but wouldnt a wreck-gar make a better base for hot spot?? just my opinion.