2D Artwork: Transformers Animated: Decepticons and Autobots

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Jetstreamx, Apr 23, 2008.

1. Jetstreamx

Jetstreamx Lord Jettington

Alright. I got some fanart for you guys. I've been showing major love to the TFA series after I got past the style of it all. Gotta say, I love the show. So, I felt inspired to do some artwork. First off, let me introduce you to the mighty Decepticons :D 

>>Click Me<<

Next up are the amazing Autobots. This one is going to be for my little brother's upcoming birthday. He's going to be 4. He just loves the Transformers, so I decided I'd draw it for him.

>>Click Me<<

Also, just to note, I'm going to be coloring them both, so hopefully I can have those done in the near future. :) 

2. Tomiku

Tomiku black repaint fetishist

Sentinel Prime looks like he got struck by the booty bandit. XP I love the 'Cons pic, Blackie's all sultry and Blitzwing's like "IMMA EAT YOUR FACE!!!" And it's nice to see the Animated designs in a different style. I love the character designs but the style just isn't my sorta thing, you did great at fixing that up. :D 

3. Belgrath

Belgrath Boom! Nutshot!

Those are really nice. Love your take on the TF: Animated characters.

4. Vince

Vince Decepticon

News Credits:
    Those are both awsome, i especially love the Decepticon one, really cool...........i like how u decided to incorporate Soundwave in there as well, hopefully he'll make a return in the show and actually hold a position in the Decepticon ranks.

5. SpriteSODA

SpriteSODA Well-Known Member

Your Optimus Prime looks far better than in the TFA show :p 

6. Boy who screams

Boy who screams Banned

I love it.
    It's the TF:A characters, but drawn in a more G1 style.

7. Jetstreamx

Soundwave's got to come back. I'll be really miffed if he doesn't, not after that ending they gave us on Sound and Fury. But yes. I thought he was awesome.

If you pay attention to Magnus's shoulder, there's a bird. Naturally Sentinel's freaking out about organic contamination. I used to hate Sentinel before his paranoia became apparent xD. And Be careful with Blitzwing, he may just eat your face. But seriously, the style for the show isn't my thing. I about cried when I first saw the art for it. Fortunately the story was awesome, that and I've actually started to somewhat like the art, to a degree.

8. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    They looks cool, but I miss their chins.

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    It's weird seeing them without the Animated style, since that's what gives them all their character, but you made it work.:thumb 

:lol  Me too.

10. Jetstreamx

Working with the chins in the non-animated styles did present a bit of a challenge. Animated style it works pretty well, but non-animated, to me, it just seems weird, so I tried to draw it according to what I think would work and still maintain the look. I think Starscream and Sentinel came closest to keeping their chins though.

11. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    Lovely artwork there Jetstreamx! Your take on the Animated bots has more of a comic book edge to it. Can't wait to see the coloured versions. I love Jazz's grin! And BA looks very sexy! I'm sure your lil' brother will love these pics for his birthday. I wish i had a sibling with mad art skills too!

12. ashion

ashion Well-Known Member

Amazing stuff there. Nice how you gave them more of a G1 styled look to them while keeping them recognisable as being the designs from TF:A. Excellent work!
    .... yeah i'm jealous... can't draw robots of any kind for peanuts!

13. Jetstreamx

Only giving him the Autobots picture, since he's more familiar with Optimus Prime and Bumblebee. I kinda hope my little bro takes up art. I think it'd be great.

Well, you can say more than "That looks cool", so at least you can offer a decent critique. That's important for a developing artist, so who knows. Keep drawing till your arm falls off and pick your art apart like it was a redheaded step child all the way through. At least that's what I do. I'm hoping to be a pro one day. I can't say I'm confident in my abilities enough to be one, but yeah. Lol. Enough of my silly ranting. But yeah, thanks for the comment! :D 

14. ashion

ashion Well-Known Member

No probs. I love exploring other peoples styles and abilities. Mine are more stuck to alienish, weird stuff. My brain tends to tick over at a million miles an hour on various things, so observing others styles helps me refine my own and, when i do do fan stuff, integrate in what i've seen others do to make things there own while keeping it within what they are doing fan art of... and i just went on a rant sorry hehe.
    Having a squiz around at all your other stuff atm, really amazing work there. You have a nice established personal style. Only advice I can give is to keep at it, like you said, also looking into some books on drawing both cartoon/comic and life drawing they help a lot with developing proportional understanding and how to apply it in various situations and things. They have helped me to develop my characters a HUGE lot.
    Keep developing your style, but also have a go at branching into styles diferent to what you normally do. I'm learning that since i'm studying an animation major atm. It helps to broaden your scope on what you can do and combining styles.

Yeah basically keep at it, don't give up cause you definently have a great talent there.

15. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

That's some sweet energony goodness!

16. Jetstreamx

Thanks.

Okay, I got Aubots colored, so here it is for the world to see. Felt it'd be better to bump this page up rather than starting a whole new thread for it. But alas, here you go. :D 

>>Click Here for "Energony Goodness"<<

17. Altitron

Altitron Commercial Artist

Ebay:
    The coloring is very well done. I am very impressed with your ability.

I would like to point out, though, that it seems Magnus' legs sort of just disappear behind everyone.

- Alty