Transformers Animated coming to the Philippines...a TF series at last since Armada.

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by kalantiaw, Jun 22, 2008.

1. kalantiaw

kalantiaw Member

Long have we been waiting, and long have we been denied. But no more.

Finally, the Philippines is getting TF Animated this July 13th via Cartoon Network SE Asia.

Since I discovered the internet years ago, I have been wondering what happened to my favorite cartoon series when I was a kid. I was shocked and amazed that there was a continuity after G1, which I watched locally here but never finished, say for a few episodes of Season 3. Then Beast Wars and Beast Machines came to another tv station, but I thought that sucked back then (TFs weren't supposed to turn into animals!). So I went on a quest to catch up, learned of the various US and Japanese releases, then learned about the live action movie. But there was this question lurking that despite TFs continuing popularity in the US and Japan, why weren't the local networks picking any series up?

I inquired at their websites and searched forums but to no avail. The closest and latest was TF Armada dubbed in our native language. Never watched it so can't comment on the VA, but safe to say that the dubbers here or the writers tend to exaggerate the script too often, that's why when I heard that a local tv station had the rights to air it I went on another crusade to learn the truth, again to no avail.

Finally, this one. The one I and the Fandom here have been waiting for. Finally, our CN has wised up. After not airing the previous Energon series, which was ongoing back then along with news of the TF live action movie, a real merchandising strategem, they finally get THE HINT. That TF sells. Toys have been around of the previous series but never took off to it's full potential because of the non-airing of the cartoon.

Now, finally, we get TF Animated. Not that I'm behind or anything, but I'm just glad they decided to bring this series to the younger generation. And I'm also glad (actually very) that CN will air this ahead of the local channel that will surely dub it again in the local tongue, with funny script translations and exaggerated lines.

Sorry for the long post guys. Just so exited the kids here get to watch this very beautiful series, which has captivated me since I was in grade school.

Cheers to CN! And cheers to Transformers Animated!

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Good for you guys in the Philippines, dude! Long live TF:A!

3. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

Pinoy Power!

How much are the Transformers back home?

4. kalantiaw

kalantiaw Member

Toys you mean?

Well, last time I checked Deluxes are at P700, Voyagers are around P1500-P1800 and Leader Class is around P3000-P3500.