2D Artwork: Transformers Animated Combaticons (Take 2)

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Warper, Jun 16, 2010.

1. Warper

Warper Master of the Void

EDIT:
    July 18th - Bruticus!
    July 9th - Onslaught
    July 3rd - Bruticus Heads!
    June 28th - Brawl
    June 19th - Blast Off

Since pretty big name artists are doing concept pics of TFA Combiner teams, I might as well do so myself.

You guys rock, btw.
    Anyway...

Bruticus!
    [​IMG]

Decepticon
    Function: Super Soldier
    Subgroup: Combaticons

Tech Spec:
    "My firepower cannot be matched!"
    Strength: 10
    Intelligence: 3
    Speed: 1
    Endurance: 9
    Courage: 10
    Firepower: 10
    Skill: 10

For an AUTOBOT in battle, the mere presence of this gigantic behemoth can cause even the most staunch defenders to lose all hope in victory... and for good reason. DECEPTICON BRUTICUS is the gestalt form of the Combaticon team. Some consider him the ultimate weapon, as he possess his components' attacks and abilities: Onslaught's Screaming Eagles and other missles, Vortex's Tornado Sawblade, Blast Off's Ionic Hand Blaster, Swindle's Null Laser Cannon and other gadgets and Brawl's Tri-Talon Claws and cannons. His peronsality is a result of the components' personalities combined into one; however, these personalities clash with eachother, limiting his intelligence and effectiveness in battle. Regardless, AUTOBOT are glad there isn't another BRUTICUS roaming around as the DECEPTICONs wish to have more cons like him.

* While capable in battle on his own, BRUTICUS is most effective when taking orders and pointed in the right direction.
    * Can hold his own against a Guardian Robot... if they were still around.
    * Arm and Leg Components can switch up, granting BRUTICUS different powers and attacks.

Onslaught!
    [​IMG]

Decepticon
    Function: Commander

Tech Spec:
    "You are not prepared for my level of violence, maggot!"
    Strength: 8
    Intelligence: 8
    Speed: 3
    Endurance: 7
    Courage: 8
    Firepower: 8
    Skill: 9

Sometimes, it is difficult to understand DECEPTICON ONSLAUGHT; one moment, he is making strategies, making thoughtful commentary or instructing young recruits. Other times, however, he is seen leaping into battle, head first and thrashing all-about, shouting soldier insults like maggots, pansies or hippies or making "traps", according to an Earth Soldier Survival book. ONSLAUGHT is the founder and commander of the Combaticon team. Both seasoned and impulsive, he is a zealot of the DECEPTICON cause and to his fellow Combaticons. It is unknown if this craziness of ONSLAUGHT's is genuine or merely an act to throw his enemies off and destroy them with his onslaught of bombs, missles and grenades. He transforms into an attack-carrier with missle rack to take out land and air units. Many DECEPTICONs consider him a nutjob, but overlook this for his effectiveness.

* ONSLAUGHT is the most experienced and capable of the Combaticons.
    * His signature weapon, the "Screaming Eagle", lets out a high-pitch screech to stun his enemies and then continues to hit the opponent.
    * Rumor has it that he is immune to processor-control, though it's possible his helmet is a jamming mechanism.

Bruticus Heads! (and other heads...)
    [​IMG]

Just several test drawings of various possible heads for TFA Bruticus. While some of them have much more effort into them, some of them were made half-assed and without much care.
    Also littered amongst the different heads of the same Gestalt, we have several quick sketches of it's components' head shots. For those of you familiar with devintART, you might recognize the style of there faces with another TRanformers fan who makes their faces look fierce, dramatic and (almost) creepy.

Brawl!
    [​IMG]
    Decepticon
    Function: Berseker

Tech Spec:
    "I am the very meaning of brutality!"
    Strength: 9
    Intelligence: 2
    Speed: 4
    Endurance: 9
    Courage: 9
    Firepower: 8
    Skill: 7

Eternally angry and animalistic, BRAWL is annihilation in the form of a dangerous DECEPTICON. BRAWL is the berseker of the Combaticon group, serving as the pure muscle. In battle, he is usually the main action, as he is usually the one causing the most damage and death. Thanks to his mutated spark, he is able to easily defeate an opponent more than twice his size and perform other impossible feats, but has very little impulse control. Aside from SWINDLE and VORTEX, BRAWL has the most armaments on him, such as his tri-talon blades, cannons and blasters, his chaos grenades and his impressive strength and power. Transforms into a heavy-duty tank, which can destroy anything in his path. AUTOBOTS fear his fury and DECEPTICONS are careful around this berserker, in case he ever decides to attack his own kind in blind rage.

* BRAWL is the slowest of the Combaticons, but is easily the strongest and most powerful.
    * Has no contempt towards anyone; everyone is equally destroyable as the next.
    * His armor is said to be immune to EMP blasts and electrical shock, though he is not immune if a crack or weakness is exploited.

Blast Off!
    [​IMG]
    Decepticon
    Function: Sniper

Tech Spec:
    "Your success rate against me is but a mere 15%."
    Strength: 3
    Intelligence: 8
    Speed: 10
    Endurance: 3
    Courage: 5
    Firepower: 9
    Skill: 10

If Cybertronians were to make a encyclopedia for every word out there in the Universe, BLAST OFF's image would appear next to the word "Superior." Cold, calculating and haughty, BLAST OFF is the sniper of the Combaticon mercenary group. He is known to use long and complex words to get his message across and is prone to using statistics on things, such as success rate, accuracy, output, etc. He is unfriendly and unapproachable to many, perhaps explaining why he believes himself so superior; whether it's from loneliness or superior complex is difficult to say. His main weapons include sniper rifles, Ionic-Hand Blasters and his jets. He transforms into a Stealth-Fight jet, which travels at speeds almost unreachable to others, able to make quick get-aways from his crimes. The other DECEPTICONS aren't very keen about his personality, but his success rate and abilities, they will tolerate him.

* BLAST OFF is the fastest of the Combaticons, but considered the weakest in terms of armor and defense.
    * Would rather fight from a distance than in close combat, but is prone to dirty fighting upclose.
    * He is known to assasinate captured DECEPTICONS so they don't leak information. He extends assasinations to anyone who are failures in his optics.

Vortex!
    [​IMG]
    Decepticon
    Function: Interrogator

Tech Spec:
    "I reject your reality and enforce my own!"
    Strength: 4
    Intelligence: 9
    Speed: 6
    Endurance: 5
    Rank 6:
    Courage: 7
    Firepower: 7
    Skill: 8

Only a few DECEPTICONS can give other DECEPTICONS the creeps: VORTEX is one of them. Insane, sadistic and gleefully mad, VORTEX is the interrogator of the Combaticon mercenary group. With a giggle and a cackle, either on the battlefield on in an interrogation, he leaps into his malice driven antics with various torture devices, weapons and gadgets, such as his signature Tornado-Sawblade (which can cut open other TRANSFORMERS and create strong winds), lasers, bombs, hooks, flamethrowers, etc. He transforms into a war copter, which can fit an AUTOBOT in his cargo hold for "mile-high" interrogations. The only TRANSFORMER to not fear him is MEGATRON, who at best tolerates VORTEX's antics, provides he delivers good results and answers.

* VORTEX's antics often iritate the other Combaticons, especially Brawl. Only SWINDLE is on friendly-terms with the insane-interrogator, and it's mainly for buying upgrades and torture devices.
    * Often times tortures prisoners for fun instead of actual interrogations.
    * Often gets new torture techniques from the hit human show "12" with the main character "Jack Bowyer"

Bruticus heads dA
    Vortex dA
    Blast Off dA
    Brawl dA
    Onslaught dA

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 19, 2010
  2. MustardwKetchup

MustardwKetchup Well-Known Member

XDDDDD I love that quote! Did you get that from Mythbusters? XD Kinda reminds me of what one of them says a lot.

He's definitely got an interesting Alt mode, I gotta admit, I don't think I've seen anything like that. The colors are interesting too, very intense.

12? :3 that's a good helo *pets*

*get's hand chopped off*

Slag...

3. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    This is minor and something very picky for me but I'd make the eyes red to go with the other Animated Decepticons. Looks pretty good although the copter mode looks about as believable as Armada Cyclonus' =)

4. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You've seen Animated Blackout haven't you?

5. Warper

Hehe... thanx. :)  Yes and no. Sure, the line is often said in Mythbusters, though I think other people use it as well.
    Yes, it certainly is an interesting vehicle mode, much like Armada Cyclonus'. In fact, one reviewer started that the cockpit (or front of the vehicle) reminded him of a dragonfly head. Weird, huh?
    The colors were greatly intentional, since they were supposed to be colors of his G1 toy counterpart... although he moreorless borrows from Scorponok.
    Btw, your Protectobots concepts inspired be to do this. ;) 

Well, since Swindle has his own purple eyes, who shouldn't Vortex has varying eye colors?
    Thanx, and I somewhat agree with the weirdness of the copter mode, but.... frankly, he's weird himself. Does anyone else think that their vehicle mode(s) should reflect their personality and mind-set?

He is huge and bulky, yet his toy is small and scrunched up... like Lugnut's. As you can see, Vortex is supposed to be leaner than the other big flyers of the Decepticons.

6. SoundFire Prime

SoundFire Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oooh, very nice, very nice. Do want to see Blast Off next. :D 

7. Warper

Thanx. I'm deciding either to do him or Brawl next. Also, they will have some redesign to them to have that more updated look. Some variation may vary.

8. Warper

Currently working on the second Combaticon. I will not say straight who the next one will be, but all I can say is this:
    "I am above all of you..."

Any more comments you have? Any suggestions of other possible revisions and adjustments?

9. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Vortex looks cool!

10. OriginalScream

OriginalScream Well-Known Member

Heh, only an egotist would say something like that. I look forward to seeing Blast Off.

P.S. I'm not saying you're an egotist, if you or anyone else takes it the wrong way. I was just making a guess of who you were drawing next.

11. Warper

Thanx. :D 
    Hehe... I know you're not saying that about me. ;) 
    Anyway, the other two Combaticons will come after him, along with possible size comparisons and *drumroll* Bruticus!

12. TedimusPrime

TedimusPrime Well-Known Member

I am legitimately afraid of this guy if he gets his techniques off of "12" he looks so smug too! I would try to hide his hands a bit more, in animated they literally just popped out of nowhere so you could have replaced them with missile launchers or something but other than that both modes look very good and very animated.

13. Warper

Hehe... if I managed to creep you out with Vortex, then I be doin' my job!
    Yeah, I really should have put more thought into his hands and all... maybe have him with wristguards that envople his hands in vehcile mode... maybe.

Thank you. ;) 

14. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    The colors are a bit odd, but the design is good. I actually dig the hands in altmode as well, if only because they're so damn silly. Punchcopter FTW.

15. Warper

Thanx. :)  I'm surprised to find someone who actually likes the hands in alt. mode. XD

16. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Honestly, it feels right at home with Animated's style, and it's so goofy that it becomes awesome. :lol  Though you could perhaps flatten the thumb a little. That should integrate the fists a bit more with the vehicle mode, while keeping the 'punchcopter' look.

17. Warper

hehe... I guess it's so that something so bad can be so awesome. ;)  I'll consider that next time when drawing him.

Anyways...
    BLAST OFF!
    [​IMG]
    Please turn to first page.

18. Admiral Lilwall

Admiral Lilwall Lilwall Leader

the perfect redeco for rotf mindwipe

19. MenasorMaster

MenasorMaster Stunticon Warrior

blast off rocks !!

20. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    Really liking these so far. Goddamn all you people and your hidden Animated skills..it was the only trick I have and now you are stealing it and making my work look like ass :lol