2D Artwork: Transformers Animated Botcon Characters

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Wars, Feb 11, 2011.

?

What TFA Combiner group should I design when these are all finished?

1. Combaticons (Onslaught, Brawl, Blast Off, Vortex, Bruticus)

12 vote(s)
    21.4%
  2. Predacons (Razorclaw, Rampage, Divebomb, Headstrong, Tantrum, Predaking)

6 vote(s)
    10.7%
  3. Protectobots (Hotspot, First Aid, Blades, Groove, Streetwise, Defensor)

4 vote(s)
    7.1%
  4. Aerialbots (Silverbolt, Air Raid, Skydive, Fireflight, Slingshot, Superion)

6 vote(s)
    10.7%
  5. Technobots (Scattershot, Afterburner, Lightspeed, Nosescone, Strafe, Computron)

9 vote(s)
    16.1%
  6. Seacons (Snaptrap, Nautilator, Jawbreaker, Skalor, Seawing, Tentakil, Piranacon)

19 vote(s)
    33.9%
  1. Wars

Wars Regular At Swerve's™

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Second Update: Yeah guys, I just anted to say. Don't vote on the poll anymore. I've decided what I want to design once I'm finished with these guys. It doesn't help to go voting now, so don't. Thanks anyway.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update: Just finished up some quick sketches of the Animated Seacons, seeing as how the majority wants me to do them. Thanks to the . . . five of you who voted on my poll. Two of you will be getting what you wanted! :lol 

I'm gonna wait until Motormaster and the sixth member of his crew are revealed, and once I've drawn them up I'm gonna move on to the Seacons. So, lets hope those two are revealed soon. Thanks again guys for your support!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey there! I've got something extra special to show. Recently, we've been seeing the new Botcon exclusive characters and toys. This years theme, as we all know, is Transformers Animated. Season Three point Five I believe it was described as.

Anyway, the first box set revealed was the Stunticons. So far we've seen Breakdown (Repaint/remold of Rodimus Prime), Dragstrip (Repaint of Arcee), and Dead End (Repaint of Jazz). Well, I've been busy redrawing these three characters, and I have my first one ready. And so, I proudly present to you, Transformers Animated Dragstrip!

Transformers Animated Dragstrip
    [​IMG]

You can also check out Dragstrips line art on my Deviantart page. I'll be doing the others as well as they're revealed, and I'm currently working on Dead End. I hope to have him finished and ready over the weekend.

Transformers Animated Dead End
    [​IMG]

Here's Dead End, colored, shaded and waxed! You can see his line art here. Up next is Breakdown! Whoopee!

Okay, and here's the latest of the Stunticons. Actually, in reality, he was the second one revealed. But he's the last on I've drawn up as of yet. You can check out his line art here, and I hope you like it! :) 

Transformers Animated Breakdown
    [​IMG]

And here's the crazy Stunticon Wildrider. Hope you guys like him. Like the other three, his line art can be found on Deviantart.

Transformers Animated Wildrider
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Botcon Dragstrip seems to inspire either love or loathing, and I certainly fall into the love category! You've managed to match the shades really well, except for the face which seems a little faded, and did a cracking job on the insignia! Any chance of seeing her with the swords?

3. Wars

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    I think I'd definitely fall into the love category as well! I'm glad you like it, and I see what you mean about the face. Ah well, you can't get everything spot on now can you?

As for seeing her with her swords, at the moment it's a no. I want to try and get the still posed images of each of the characters done first, and then maybe I might draw a group static pose. Heck, maybe I'll even make a Menasor out of them. But we'll see how things go.

Actually the symbol isn't mine. Gauge0001 drew one up and uploaded it on to Deviantart. He was kind enough to let me use it.

4. dsn1014

dsn1014 41:75:74:6f:62:6f:74

This looks great, wonderful job on both the lines and colours.
    I love the idea of making Drag Strip female, change is good.
    Looking forward to the rest.

5. Wars

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Good to know you like her. Yeah, they've turned a few male characters into females *cough*Red Alert*cough*. Don't worry, Dead End is on his way.

6. Wars

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    I just uploaded Breakdown. Hope you guys like it!

:) 

7. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    Well...these look good, but I must ask: why doing this when Derrick Wyatt himself has been posting the 2d colored images of these characters himself, at a pretty decent resolution?

Unless I am missing something here..in that case I am sorry :( 

But they look good.

8. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm wondering the same thing unless the whole point is to give us some line art and really high res images.

9. Wars

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Why draw anything? For fun mainly. I'm glad you like them.

That's also part of the reason. I felt, especially with Dragstrip and Breakdown. that the images were a little small and low res. I figured some people might like a better look at them. Dead End was stuck in a character model sheet, so I decided to just draw him up on his own.

The line art. I just upload that for the hell of it really. I didn't put the line art here because I felt people might just want to see the colored versions, but the line art is there for anyone who does want to see it.

10. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    :thumb  Nice work man. Can't wait for Wildrider and Motormaster and also that sixth member.

11. UTF

UTF Manifestation of /toy/

News Credits:
    At least you're upfront about it. There's lots of people who trace/vector the originals and try to claim they did it all from scratch. Your remasters are a lot better than theirs too. It's always nice to have high quality versions. Looking forward to the rest.

12. Wars

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Glad to know you like them. You're comments are very much appreciated! :D 

:) 

Thanks. I'm glad you like them. Wildrider is up now, colored, waxed and shaded. Hopefully we'll see Motormaster and the sixth member not too far from now.

13. Wars

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Updating with a quick Group shot. It's just something simple, using the artwork that's been revealed already. I will update this one when Motormaster and the sixth member of his crew are revealed. Hope you guys like it.

[​IMG]

14. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Neat job! :) 

15. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    It's so good that i can almost see them in the proposed Season 4. :drool: 

16. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm coming in a little late here, just see the group shot..but I love it!! Jawdroppingly fantastic!! :jawdropper: 

17. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    Nothing wrong with that, of course! And a bit of practice is always good! But like I said, I was just a bit confused. Hope you didn't take it the wrong way! :) 

18. Wars

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Thanks man, and it's no problem. As I said, I'm just glad you like them. I may take a shot at designing my own versions of some Transformers characters, but whether I'll do them in Animated or Prime style, I don't know yet.

Thanks! I'm glad you like them. I'm hoping Motormaster will be revealed soon so that I can get to drawing him up.

I wish we could've gotten a season four with these guys too, and Digilaut's Constructicons and maybe the rest of the Combaticons.

19. Wars

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Just added a poll. Take a look and see what you think, and don't forget to vote for you're favourite choice. If a combiner team you want me to do isn't on the list, then write a comment saying you would like me to design said combiner team.

20. Wars

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Update: Just finished up some quick sketches of the Animated Seacons, seeing as how the majority wants me to do them. Thanks to the . . . five of you who voted on my poll. Two of you will be getting what you wanted! :lol 

I'm gonna wait until Motormaster and the sixth member of his crew are revealed, and once I've drawn them up I'm gonna move on to the Seacons. So, lets hope those two are revealed soon. Thanks again guys for your support!