Transformers: Animated Appreciation and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Ironhide1706, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    Would that mean no Long Haul or Hook?

2. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Yay money! :D 

One thing i didn't like about the show was Ironhide's voice. I don't know why but I think Corey Burton was a complete miscast and i think Jeff Bennett doing his Shocker voice would have worked much better.

3. LegoTFGuy

LegoTFGuy aka BrickBotGuy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Let us know what you think! Sound and Fury is one of, if not my favorite episode of Animated:D 

THIS. :lol  I'm surprised we haven't got much- or ANY- fan art of Bulkhead as pa part of Devastator.

4. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Considering this version's Constructicon team featured Dirt Boss, and Scrapper and Mixmaster had double functions (Scrapper could also be used as a crane, Mixmaster had a shovel), I doubt if they'd go full G1 on us and give us Long Haul and Hook.

Although yeah, Long Haul was probably replaced by Bulkhead, seeing as they could both be the main body part. But who knows, if there was a season 4 and this would have happened, maybe the Constructicons would replace Bulkhead with a Long Haul later on...

5. Autovolt 127

News Credits:
    I don't know if i would have liked that all. Bulkhead as part of Devastator.

6. Sideways77

News Credits:
    That's a shame. A sorta RoTF-based Animated Long Haul would be cool.

Would Bonecrusher be movie-based?

7. Autovolt 127

News Credits:
    I would hope so. I want him to go all out on a highway and wreck everything in plain sight. :bay 

8. Digilaut

News Credits:
    Well uhhh guys I once made concepts for both the things you just described... :lol 

I'd love to see an 'official' Animated Devastator though! Maybe if people keep nagging Derrick about it he will snap and do it? He also finally did some Shattered Glass Decepticons Recolors a while ago! <3

9. LegoTFGuy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Oh yeah, I remember that! You had some cool concepts, though Rampage as a bulldog struck me as a bit odd. But hey, it's certainly original.

Ah, yet another reminder that I need to keep working on my Animated fan art...

[/QUOTE]I'd love to see an 'official' Animated Devastator though! Maybe if people keep nagging Derrick about it he will snap and do it? He also finally did some Shattered Glass Decepticons Recolors a while ago! <3[/QUOTE]

Links? I've only seen Optimus, Bumblebee, Manateeatron (or whatever his name is), Sari and Sumdec.

10. Digilaut

News Credits:
  11. LegoTFGuy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    ...well, crap. They look NOTHING like the SG cons I made. :lol 

But Coneheads as Autotroopers is BRILLIANT.

12. Digilaut

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

13. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Banned

News Credits:
    I like the taped over insignia.

14. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

sential prime mean to optimus prime in tf anime

15. Rewind Eject

Rewind Eject Bluestreak 's #2 Fan

@ digilaut; is that yours or Derick j Wyatt's? Either way, I love the cerebro shell and his covered signia symbol. Constructicon symbols look good on him. But still, his alt mode doesn't feel really constructicony to me. His cybertronian one sure did though.

16. Digilaut

News Credits:
    No, I just whipped that up myself, just to see what it could look like. :) 
    You're right that his altmode is not really a construction vehicle (neither is Dirt Boss' but at least that one comes close :)  )

But I'm pretty sure Bulkhead forced into becoming a part of Devastator would have been temporary. Like: one episode, and at the end he is feed. The Constructicons would probably have resurfaced later on with Bulkhead replaced with a proper Constructicon. Just my guess!

17. Autovolt 127

News Credits:
    I don't really think i would have enjoyed that.

18. LegoTFGuy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    :lolol  that is brilliant. The taped-over insignia is just like what the Constructicons would do.

So Bulky would probably be the torso, and Dirt Boss the head, but what would Mix and Scrapper form?

19. Sideways77

News Credits:
    I'd say:

Dirt Boss- head
    Bulkhead- main torso
    Scrapper- left or right arm
    Scavenger/Demolishor/whoever- right or left arm
    Bonecrusher/Rampage/whoever- either leg
    Mixmaster- either leg

20. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Is there anything from ANIMATED I enjoyed? Well, yes, actually:

MEGATRON
    I enjoyed Megatron’s new position in this show. Instead of commanding Decepticons, he was instead operating behind the scenes on Earth, as the secret behind Dr Sumdac’s technological success. It was cool watching him manipulate things – robots, human villains and his “partner” Dr Sumdac – in his favour, with the Autobots having to rely on their own wit and resources (and an occasional wild card) to come out on top.
    And Megatron’s Japanese voice is fantastic. It’s Norio Wakamoto, the dude behind M Bison, Cell and Alexander Anderson:
    Wakamoto as Megatron - YouTube
    Bison is not a cat.
    If anyone does not love the Lord, Jesus Christ, let him be accused. O LORD COME! AMEN! - YouTube
    ... even if this Megatron wasn’t as outrageous as those characters, he was still awesome.

BLITZWING
    Blitzwing was a fantastic reimagining of the Three-Changer character. Giving him a triple personality (even though TVTropes describes it as a mood shift) of chill, quick-tempered and insane personas appeared a risky move, but it paid off and made him a figure of great comic relief (and at times awesomenness).

SEEKERS
    This iteration of the Seekers (a squadron of clones created by Starscream) was a great revision as well as a cunning in-joke (in G1 all the Seekers resembled Starscream), and all of them were funny but apt characterizations of the Screamer: Skywarp the coward, Thundercracker the egoist, Ramjet the liar, Sunstorm the sycophant, Thrust the envious clone, Dirge the greedy-guts and newcomer Slipstream (whose source incurred a LOT of dispute).

SWINDLE
    Swindle made for a great reinterpretation: in G1 he was a shady Combaticon who made cash by selling out his own teammates’s components, but in ANIMATED he was a weapons dealer running deals with human and Transformer villains alike.

WRECK-GAR
    Wreck-Gar was a sweet revision of the Junkion, from a TV-obsessed cycle into a mildly deranged garbage truck.

THE CONSTRUCTICONS
    The construction vehicle Transformers were reborn as Scrapper and Mixmaster, a couple of futuristic builders with Brooklyn accents, who tried to be good Autobots but in true (if stereotypical) working-class form were only interested in working for the dudes with the best booze. Their designs were interesting, and it would have been nice to have a couple of ANIMATED Constructicon toys, even more as this unofficial Deviant design shows:
    http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/149/3/b/TFA_DEVASTATOR_3_of_3_by_digilaut.jpg
    You have to admit this would have made for an incredible incarnation of Devastator.

CYBERTRON
    The post-war setting on Cybertron was intriguing. We’ve got everything looking great: Decepticons are outlawed, everybody’s living in peace... but in the shadows there are shcmes at foot. Sentinel Prime makes moves against the ruling council in his attempts to become the ruler of Cybertron, and secret agent Shockwave manipulates things for the Decepticon cause (framing Wasp, attacking Ultra Magnus). It had great potential, and would have been great to see where things would go.

CAPTAIN FANZONE
    I thought he was the most interesting human character in the show: an anti-robot human policeman who slowly comes around to being an Autobot ally. He even ends up on Cybertron where HE is the scorned alien for a change. It would have been nice to have seen more of him.