3D Artwork: transformers animated allspark

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by kshort18, Sep 18, 2010.

1. kshort18

kshort18 Member

nemesis i edit these pictures from people artwork and if you want me to edit yours

Attached Files:

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    These are pretty cool. What are they for?

3. Crumplezone

Crumplezone Banned

What is this I don't even

4. tehKOREANdude

tehKOREANdude inimitable, original

News Credits:
    Hey, I know you're new around here, so I'll cut you a lot of slack. We all started anew at some point...

That being said, it's come to my attention that you are not the original artist for these pictures. These pictures are what are known as recolors, where you take the original line art from another drawing, and change only the colors. There's nothing wrong with this...as long as you give credit.

Make sure you tell everyone that you aren't the original artist, and that these are just recolors. Whenever possible, say who the original artist was (in this case, Crumplezone), and, if you can find one, post a link!

Make sure you follow these suggestions, as they'll make you a lot more respected in the art community.

5. Drift

Drift Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    he does say there not his artwork!

6. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    Sorry, but that's not true. Even though we all create fan art, that doesn't mean you can just take what you like and use it 'as long as you give credit'.

I don't like it when people start using my stuff without me knowing, because that way (-unlike official art-) the guy who created it will eventually get forgotten. I didn't spend all those hours coming up with designs just so people could use the art for whatever purpose they like. :) 

Luckily, so far, everybody who's wanted to use my artwork has been really kind in asking me first, and most of the time, I let them..but I'd really like to know beforehand.

I know this is a somewhat grey area..people are using and copying official art all the time..but that doesn't mean one can just start using the fan-art as some sort of public resources pool. Art theft is the #1 problem for artists. ;) 

Now, kshort18, I don't know if people have given you approval to do this, but if they didn't, I'm pretty sure you mean no harm at all :)  But I'd suggest asking the people who made the images before you use them :) 

Last edited: Sep 19, 2010
  7. tehKOREANdude

tehKOREANdude inimitable, original

News Credits:
    I know. He edited it after I posted that message.

8. Drift

Drift Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    geez your a bit OTT, as soon as it's on the net, anyone can copy it or do with it as they please. It's not illegal. He just wanted to edit some stuff. Now hes gone and deleted them, and they were GOOOD, so next time, be a little kinder. Also, it seems english isn't his first laungauge

Well said

9. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    How can you say well said when you disagree with what I said by quoting TheKoreanDude?

You're saying 'since it's on the net, anyone can do with it what they want', which is exactly the OPPOSITE of what I'm saying :lol  If people agree with him editing their artwork it's all ok..but he shouldn't do that without asking. :p