Transformers Animated 10th Anniversary Celebration

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Sol Fury, Jan 5, 2018.

1. My BaLl JoInTs ArE lOoSe

My BaLl JoInTs ArE lOoSe Well-Known Member

I liked the Animated Prime's character and development as a character. Still waiting for a Masterpiece version of him..........

• Like Like x 1
  2. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    I really hope Cyberverse takes some cues from Animated. Maybe a little more subtle in how stylized, but the character growth strength, and maybe some other aspects would be great to have pulled into the lore formally. Cyberverse really has the opportunity to be something on the order of animated in how it brought the nostalgia of G1 back in a new way and that feeling of a well done cartoon that was story cohesive while still being episodic that really made you care about the characters and love them as a family and enjoy their histories.

I loved animated also because it really pulled more on the original aspect of G1 transformers, especially the episode War Dawn. The growth of Optimus. Which the teaser in that first episode really helps define that's what animated is about. But the concept of Autobots as blue collar workers, factory jobs, entertainers, non-military until forced into becoming a resistance to the decepticons has always been one of my favorite aspects of G1. So the maintenance bot crew angle, and showing how this humble team of average bots alongside a veteran medic and how they have to stand up to the strongest of rogue military might to save people is an amazing story to me and harkens back to what the G1 origin story "War Dawn" was all about.

That's one of the few things I disliked about Prime. While I get that Prime was created because the thought was audiences wanted something that was closer to the movies in essence, Aligned continuity and this push of Prime as a reincarnation of one of the original 13 always seemed to distract from that aspect of having to rise to the occasion to protect people. I loved the librarian aspect though, and the growth they pushed form their. An intellectual having to take up arms to save others isn't a bad story idea either. And I guess, really even the reincarnation aspect isn't bad either with how they've established where sparks go, and the concept of a cybertronian afterlife. Something that doesn't seem that bad of an idea to explore either after TLK's showing of part scavenging that Bumblebee and Sqweeks do.

I miss that soul of the property though. The average bot rising up to stand against military fascism and tyranny. Something that Animated did really well to showcase in how the characters grew and evolved. I also loved how the show tried to establish that protoforms age and grow up too. How Arcee was a teacher to young bots, but then became a soldier in the war with the decepticons because of her own reasons(probably to protect young bots from them or from decepticons conscripting them as we saw in Prowl's backstory of the stolen protoforms that starscream later used).

And there was so much character rich material and lore material fully explored with more still to explore. Even the birth of Sari herself brings some amazing potential into the concept of the franchise itself.

Love this show so much, and I see why the movies have started to draw on elements of it. Really hope Cyberverse does too in how it handles flashback episodes to show cybertronian life itself and how alien it is to our own, but also how much the same it is in other ways.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Black Convoy

Black Convoy Proudly Peruvian Transfan Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Some people would kill, but I never liked this series. The designs are not for me, but if there's one thing I realy LOVE is the Transformers EVO song by Jam Project and of course the way Japan taught us how to make an opening sequence.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Furnace

Furnace Antroid at a picnic

Ah, Animated! What a good series that was! It's the only TF show to date that truly left me speechless.

5. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    I had only seen bits and pieces of the Unicorn Trilogy beforehand when I was younger. In 2008, I saw the 2007 movie for the first time, that got me officially on the Transformers bandwagon. But Animated, helped solidify my position.

It was the first Transformers show I ever watched as a fan.

6. whitewolfe313

whitewolfe313 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I still love and always will love Transformers Animated. It got me back into collecting as an adult. The toys were so stylized and yet screen accurate in both modes. It was amazing design. Such a great series.

7. unsnaggedtea76

unsnaggedtea76 Well-Known Member

I miss this show and wish it had lasted a little longer. I need to get my hands on a copy of the complete series box set. I tried to check this out from the library once, but the discs were having issues.

I would be up for a comic book continuation if it adapted S4 and tied up loose ends that the show didn't get to. There are other shows that ended that did get a comic book continuation. It is surprising that Animated never got one.

8. Sharpfinger

Sharpfinger Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, that's what I feel. Transformers Animated is the best Transformers series. It was the last series that I bought all toys and saw all episodes more than once. I am still keeping space on my shelves for Voyager Thundercracker and, at least, some Bee remolds.

Rescue Bots is a funny and light series, and had some potential, but there were many reasons why it couldn't be as good as TFA, mostly because it is aimed to a very younger public. I would like to see the Rescue Bots in TFA universe.

Hmmmm... who knows if HasTak can give some gift to us for this 10th anniversary?

Or an Animated Omega Supreme as the next Titan Class toy?

I still keep dreaming...

• Like Like x 1
  9. mapatel

mapatel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A great series cut down in its prime.

10. Strawberrytop00

Strawberrytop00 Derpticon

I feel like this was the one series where they would announce future characters and I would genuinely get excited over how the character would be portrayed. I knew they would keep them inspired by their original Counterpart but add almost more to them in some cases making them better (In my opinion at least). This is still my favorite interpretation of Shockwave, what a ruthless and cunning bastard, he was glorious.

My only gripe with the entire show was we never got o see the Decepticons as a group; we got a look at the pilot episode but besides Lugnut, Megatron and Blitzwing, characters like Soundwave and Blackarachnia stayed to themselves. And I liked her tragic back-story but I would have liked to see her fight with the rest of the Cons as well, as a full on baddie for a while.

Why I preferred this over TFP, despite the fact that TFP played out to be this dark and more gown up show, was that I felt a better conflict was shown. Each episode never felt like it built up to something huge then easily went back the statues que like Prime. The Autobots were mowing down mindless drones with ease and In TFA The Decepticon’s felt like a huge threat and the Autobots had to actually rely on wits to win and their victories felt…I don’t know…better earned?

And to top it all off…this will never NEVER fail to make me laugh holy shit I still can’t believe this came out of THE Optimus Prime’s mouth.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    A memorable show with figures that still hold-up.

Animated Voyager Optimus it's still my favorite Voyager Prime.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  12. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We Exist, and We DON'T Want to Date You

News Credits:
    I wish Hasbro had kept their promise to release those boxed-and-everything Voyager Thundercrackers...

--Moony

• Like Like x 1
  13. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Really miss this show. Shame it got canceled...would have loved to see what they had planned in the works for that next season.

Big thanks to Mr. Wyatt for doing such an awesome job here on the show.

Long Live Animated!!

14. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    You summed up a lot of what I like about the franchise - reasons I love G1 so much despite not growing up with it (and yes, War Dawn is a fantastic episode), and reasons Animated really resonated with me. Actually, of all things, I think Beast Machines had a little of that same feeling too (plus it seems to have started the whole cyclical reincarnation thing which I'm not a fan of though I liked it in Beast Machines).

Another similarly-related element of G1 that I like is how the Autobot could all sit around and drink and laugh sometimes. It wasn't all the time, but it humanised them.
    I know some people find it odd for giant, alien robots to be humanised but the point is for us to relate to and empathise with them as characters, after all. Those moments of humanity in these fairly foreign war machines really help strike a nice balance, and I think it's why a lot of IDW has been so successful - because they incorporated more into their stories than just war.

15. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    That's the thing I think a lot of people overlook too. They aren't "war machines". Sentient metal life that evolved. A spark of a soul that ignited within eons of development. No matter what origin you ascribe to, the development to reach this point is universal. They would and should have human like quirks, down time, recreational activities, personality and hobbies. They aren't emotionless. They have dreams, aspirations, hopes, loves, and life goals. While we use the term "humanize" it's so much more to that, it's such a universal concept of open life. And while I do appreciate the catalyst that is the decepticon war that brings the autobots forward in their heroics, it is the personality that really sells the characters and makes them stand out and shine. Who they are that brings them forward, how they grow. How they evolve. How they (pun intended!) transform.

The war itself was a catalyst of many changes in their history. How paths could have been different if the war never happened, but the developments that wouldn't have been made or how those tools may have been used differently. It's such a metaphor and analogous to our own world, while still having enough of a scifi difference layer that it's different enough to act as escapism. There's so much more that could be said about this franchise as a whole and why it rings so universally true to many fans from all walks of life.

Something Beast wars and beast machines displayed beautifully as well.

This is something I've always loved about Hasbro and the brand, they never seem too afraid to try new things with any property. Transformers in particular is built on change. From where they've been to where they'll go next and the journey there.

Probably one of the reasons why I love the new visionaries take too. That it takes a leap forward, but still leaves room to tell the tale of the journey there, and in the process, gives us a leap forward in designs to try something new that makes sense with the journey they seem to have set up for that franchise. Something that parallels well to transformers on every side, and then clashes in essence because of the nature of magic vs technology.

• Like Like x 2
  16. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    I can't speak for Visionaries but as far as Transformers goes, I can't agree more. You hit the nail on the head.

• Like Like x 1
  17. joopsta

joopsta Masterpiece, Encore and 3P collector

News Credits:
    Damn, this line was nice. Only line actually after G1 that I was excited about. Remember buying early release toys of Animated off of ebay and the lots of hours discussions here on the boards. I still have a lot of these characters MISB on display.

• Like Like x 1
  18. artimus prime

artimus prime Articulation Junkie... I'm a poser

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I miss animated. The show and toys were/are awesome. It was the last show where I was able to hunt for figures through mostly brick and mortar searching. Transformers Prime had that horrible first edition bait and switch that introduced lower quality toys and (for me) internet shopping as a primary spot to get transformers.

19. Eurobeatking

Eurobeatking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Happy Anniversary Animated.

I just finished tracking down some animated figures I missed out on and completed my Animated shelf last year and that was fun and they still hold up 10 years later.

Wish they would re release the All Spark Almanac,its going for crazy prices online.

20. TFormerfan

TFormerfan Maximal

One of the best transformers shows of all time period