Transformers Animated 10th Anniversary Celebration

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Sol Fury, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Wild Eevee

Wild Eevee Well-Known Member

Am I the only who wishes they would bring it back?I know;slim chance but I can dream.

• Like Like x 7
  2. maltesefalcon

maltesefalcon stuff dreams are made of

titans is getting a live action show.

animated was amazing for multiple reasons the great storylines awesome toys, the general maturity of it this was not a show that treated kids like idiots

the greatest thing though was the respect given to every aspect of transformers. rodimus was treated well!! and in this fandom that is a rare thing. waspinator was scary! beast wars was hinted at! and it had one of the best megatrons in a long time.

I was never a fan of the vaguely humanoid magnet that had fallen into a junkyard designs of the bayformers so this was a breath of fresh air. a modern retelling of g1 that was acceptable to my nostalgic eyes

• Like Like x 3
  3. MaximusPrime2002

MaximusPrime2002 Well-Known Member

Or constructicons. Though there is a 3rd party company working on that. There really aren't enough 3p Animated figures out there. Well there really aren't any at all to my knowledge, save for the A Plus Toys' Dirtboss, and eventually the inevitable Mixmaster and Scrapper.

All I want is some official recognition from Hastak for its 10 year universality.

• Like Like x 3
  4. TheGreatScrotum

TheGreatScrotum Well-Known Member

Happy anniversary, TFA! The greatest TF series and toyline of the new millennium.

A 3P needs to bless us with a Menasor adapter from the Botcon set - this year of all years.

Leave it be...

• Like Like x 6
  5. lord ginrai

lord ginrai D-list Decepticon

News Credits:
    One of the best Transformers shows ever. Dearly miss both the tv show and the toy line. Fingers crossed we'll eventually see some TFA Masterpieces! Oh and yeah, season 4 on Netflix, please!

• Like Like x 5
  6. power3921

power3921 Well-Known Member

I still remember the moment I read the article here confirming season 3 as the finale. I've had several dreams of a season 4 over the years, and would happily settle for a comic at least. It's getting cut short still bothers me more than anything else in the franchise

• Like Like x 1
  7. Aimless Misfire

Aimless Misfire Banned

News Credits:
    So where is Transformers site for adult fans? This is obviously the section for preschoolers (Animated, Titan Heroes, Rescue Bots etc.). I'm looking for Toys R Us but accidentally stumbled into Babies R Us.

8. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    Aww, somebody needs attention.

• Like Like x 22
  9. kaotika

kaotika Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    spoken as someone who clearly has no idea the show had torture, falsely convicted criminals, weapons of mass destruction, covert double agent manipulation, war crimes, mccarthyism, in-faction disputes - including autobots, and more autobot deaths than tfp's completely plot armored team.
    talking about a series based only on its art style will just make you look foolish.

edit: oh i also forgot about ratchets wartime ptsd.
    and that tiny little everything-you-know-about-yourself-and-your-sense-of-iendity-is-a-lie-and-by-the-way-now-your-homeless thing with sari which eventually led to uhoh-just-killed-my-best-friend.
    and how megatron zanatosed the first season while barely 80% of a head.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
    • Like Like x 23
  10. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Still see the Sunshine

Shiiit, can't believe I forgot it was today. @moreprimeland, you still up for setting up a "TFW2005 rewatches Transformers: Animated 10th Anniversary" thread?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

News Credits:
    GODDAMMIT HASBRO WHERE'S OUR SEASON FOUR ALREADY?!

In all seriousness, love the show, even though I missed out on both getting the toys and watching it on the air. Thank goodness for the complete boxset.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    One of the best transformers series ever created and one of the best toylines to ever grace the shelves until Combiner Wars/Titans Return/Power of the primes.
    To this day still, my only regrets at all of the show were that we've yet to get a GI Joe scale Sari figure in her powered up form, and that Optimus got the supreme class figure slot instead of Omega Supreme probably because of scheduling to avoid that season finale spoiler and because retailers were still on that Bumblebee and Prime figures heavy push of what they thought would sell(at least at what I'm assuming was the plotting of the toyline originally before it got bumped back).

Out of all the Transformers figures that have come into my collection and been sold off over time, my animated collection is the one I will always keep and look to getting complimentary figures of it added. To which my hat is off to you RiD, you gave some great figures that fit right in. This show, and how magnificent Isenberg did on it, is exactly why Hasbro has kept him in their ranks as writers to call when work he's great for comes up. Forever a fan and much thanks. This show truly brought the wonder of G1 back.

I remember the fan whining about it. The complaints of the designs and how they transformed, the claims of how the toys could never do that or be engineered to ever come close, and I'm proud of hasbro for how they handled the toyline. How much it surpassed every complaint, and proved how amazing a transformers toyline could be. From designs, to characters, to the pure life that these figures had, and some of the sheer genius in some of the engineering. This line was amazing in every way, and still one of my all time favorite transformers cartoons to have ever seen. The engineering from how prime's arms come forward with his axe. The pure character punch that bulkhead's voyager figure had with how the arms come folding around. The pure genius of the gravity drop transformation of the bigger size class Optimus, and even the subtle fun of the toon itself that gave us real cybertronian modes before their earth modes and the fact hasbro did toys of that. Even the love of G1 itself it gave with the internal media of it in the episode itself. This show was a pure love letter to the brand of the likes never done since.

This show gave us great characters, amazing concepts, and introduced some new elements to the lore that are still amazing to this day. Lugnut, Sari, Bulkhead, Lockdown, and Slipstream. We got to see the pure spy nature of shockwave, and some of the most amazing music to ever happen in any series.

As you can tell by my avatar which scenes besides Sari's upgraded form episode was my favorite. As well as the amazing drama behind PTSD Ratchet and his tale of Arcee.

Lockdown made it into the movies even. Here's hoping eventually Sari will make that leap too. At least for now her hammer has.

Much love Transformers Animated. You are forever one of the greats. You will always hold a special place in my heart.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
    • Like Like x 6
  13. prfctcellrulz

prfctcellrulz Pokémon Trainer/WWE Champion

News Credits:
    10 years, where the Hell does the time go?!

Also, sign me up for the “We want Season 4!” group as well.

• Like Like x 3
  14. geekatron prime

geekatron prime The Grammar Police must be on strike.

News Credits:
    Truer words were never spoken. :( 

• Like Like x 3
  15. Strawberrytop00

Strawberrytop00 Derpticon

Don’t forget the fact that they made Megatron not even see Optimus as a big enough threat to even remember his name till the LAST episode, which made one of the most ‘oh shit he’s for real!’ moments in the show. Which sucks that it ended because it felt like the big rivalry had finally begun and was well earned.

• Like Like x 11
  16. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    I still love Animated. The toys were right around that time that QC issues were becoming really common (especially loose joints), which was unfortunate, and obviously being killed off in favour of the worst not-even-a-movie ever is a very sour note to end on.
    I really hope we get more Animated love in the future (along with the original RID, please).
    The lack of toys getting released outside the US and Japan also sucked. We never even got wave 3 over here, if I remember correctly (or if we did, it was in super-limited numbers), and I had trouble just finding Voyager Optimus Prime, too...

I remember when we first saw Animated and plenty of us thought it looked horrid. I watched the three-episode pilot and didn't like it. But from then on, I enjoyed it, and it just got better and better from there. In fact, I think the pilot, in hindsight, is quite good, especially when you have the context of the rest of the series in the back of your mind whilst watching it.

Maybe Animated wasn't perfect (I sure had my complaints about it, a lot of them being in season 3, at least some of that being due to the way they had to cut it up to abruptly end it since it was cancelled), but I think it was a pretty good, consistent and enjoyable show. Prime is a good show but I will never understand why people love it so much - it had amazing episodes and terrible episodes, with everything in-between, and that lack of consistency is what, in my opinion, makes Prime a lesser show than Animated.

Also, you know, that theme song is friggin' awesome. The others lately have been good, but a rocking remix of the original theme song? Hell yes, sign me up. I want that with Cyberverse, please!

• Like Like x 2
  17. PcPrime23

PcPrime23 501st Legion Trooper

News Credits:
    Happy Birthday to one of my all time favorite TF shows!

• Like Like x 1
  18. st.ranger

st.ranger Emperor of Destruction

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    After all these RiD, Energon or Cybertron, Animated was something unexpected.

I must admit I did not like the animation, but soon I start to like it, because it become very easy to create new character. And Animated had a lot of characters from everywhere.

TFA had interesting story, a lot of inovation and ideas and bring something new. Shame that TF Prime was so bad for me.

The reason to hate RotF is much bigger now.

19. Fishsticks

Fishsticks Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This makes me feel old, and I'm not even 20!

Also makes me feel a little sad :( 

20. opoptimus

opoptimus SUN WUKONG, not Son Goku.

News Credits:
    Great show. And a revolutionary toy line for its time that not only produced so many awesome figures with clever engineering and personalities (can’t say that very often), but also helped making RotF the best retail movie line to date (the Takara designers were forced to come up with ingenious ideas to make Animated toys work, which Hasui the man himself said helped with the RotF design immensely).

• Like Like x 1