Transformers and Real-World Events

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by jru42287, Aug 16, 2012.

1. jru42287

jru42287 Where are my testicles, Summer?

News Credits:
    Not to be confused with this thread:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...ered-historical-event-intrigued-you-most.html

But I was thinking this could be a little fun.

It was said (I don't remember where, movie prequel comic maybe?) that Shockwave was responsible for the Tungunska Event in 1908. And this got me thinking, what other unique ways could we have Transformers tied into world history?

Now, don't go with anything obvious, like someone saying "Transformers landed in Roswell," (because that was already covered as being the Planet Express crew, obviously) or "The Decepticons bombed Pearl Harbor," unless you can make a convincing or interesting backstory, like "They disguised themselves in among the other Japanese fighter planes in order to assist in bringing America into a world war, increasing the chances that humankind would wipe themselves out, so that the Transformers could come in and settle on Earth without putting up a fight."

Let's make it interesting! The more mysterious the event, the more interesting the story!

2. biscuits

biscuits Sin from Genesis

Decepticon hideout = the bermuda triangle.

3. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Few people realise that the legendary killer crocodile, Gustave, is actually a clone of Beast Wars Megatron, left behind to continue to spread fear in the human population.

4. jru42287

News Credits:
    Keep 'em coming!

5. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
  6. SGTsoundwave

SGTsoundwave Steam Powered Automaton

I'd like to see that seaspray and piranacon were hiding underwater. atlantis, maybe?

7. jru42287

News Credits:
  8. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    No, no it's okay. Don't beat yourself up over it. I mean, yeah, sure, do a search in the future, but that thread's been abandoned for like a month and a half, nothing THAT wrong with making a new one, especially since it's a topic that doesn't get endless re-threads. It's more an issue when there's the same material getting said in remade threads over and over and over on a constant basis.

As for other real-world events the TFs could explain?

The Bloop could be a Decepticon base on the ocean floor.
    Amelia Earhart, Jimmy Hoffa, and Harold Holt? Well, they just got too close to the truth and couldn't be trusted by the Decepticons to keep their mouths shut.
    The massive advances in technology during WW2 were actually the result of Sector Seven research, for the Allies, using the newly built Hoover Dam facility, and for the Axis, from Decepticon advisors, trying to turn the reich into a way to prepare the world for Decepticon rule under a single tyrannical flag. The first engineers to build the Diaclone toys at Takara were drawing on the strange and unearthly entities they saw during the war in Japan.
    The Wolfsegg Iron was the result of an early attempt by Cybertronians on earth to replicate the Allspark Cube, to terraform earth into a new cybertron, using earth's natural energy reserves as a power source. Needless to say, it failed.

9. SGTsoundwave

SGTsoundwave Steam Powered Automaton

I would want you and nacht to write the script for tf4/5. if he wasn't banned, that is. I am really loving the ww2 ideas that people are coming up with.

10. jru42287

News Credits:
    Oh man, he got banned? Bummer.

I was going to suggest something similar to the technological advances in WW2. Could be that the atomic bomb was developed due to reverse-engineering of Megatron at Hoover Dam. Also, the part about Decepticon influence over the reich sounds awesome.

Another I was tossing around was, hoping for similar results as my first post, their first attempt involved Decepticon assassins assisting taking out Archduke Franz Ferdinand. Maybe Gavrilo Princip was the "Dylan Gould" of his time or something.

11. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    Meh, doesn't really fit with history, especially since that event was really only a convenient pretext for a war that had been viewed as an inevitability for years. A better way to adapt WWI with cybertronians would be that they helped spur on the industrial revolution, and had been egging on the major powers from behind the scenes for literally decades, in order to forment chaos and full-scale war, through the Boer War and into the arms race that predated WWI, and WWI itself. Then they'd escalate that war as much as possible, until it forced one of the nations to tip their hand and reveal they were in possession of the Allspark and Megatron. Unfortunately, it actually led to the major leaders of the world turning on their Cybertronian "advisors" once it was learned they were playing each alliance against the others well into WWII. The destruction of the Cybertronians in Europe was the inspiration for much of the myth of Nazi occultism, as well as the reasoning behind Hiroshima and Nagasaki being specifically targeted, and the american "advisor" was finally shot down after years on the run, in the 50s over Roswell, New Mexico. But by then, Sector Seven had already come out of the shadows and begun releasing the fruits of its research in the form of "modern" technology, that advisor had already noticed, and a garbled message had already been sent to Starscream and his forces to come to earth...

12. jru42287

News Credits:
    Holy crap. And you're not in Hollywood writing screenplays why?

13. Grimlock22

Grimlock22 Some sort of artist

buzzsaw killed JFK. i have the rigth president right ? Swindle gave russha the tech to make nukeular wapens thus througing the us and rusha into the arms race

14. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    Have you read the Dreamwave Transformers & G.I. Joe series, set in WW2? Sounds like something you'd really enjoy.

No, I'm pretty sure you're thinking of Lincoln. Kennedy was his secretary's name. Buzzsaw would be all "Sic Semper Cathartidae!"

15. jru42287

News Credits:
    I may have to look into this.

16. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    Atlantis was an ancient city of the Primes that got destroyed by the Fallen.

17. Grimlock22

no i know i'm not thinking of lincon but i'm not good with presidents yours is a better idea than mine though booth is foced to go their and look like he shot lincon

18. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    "If you don't shoot the president we'll tell our friends in the newspaper syndicate to say your performance was awful and you and your brother will be ruined! You'll never play Hamlet again! RUINED!"

19. Grimlock22

:lol 

20. Mudflap2011

Mudflap2011 Soldier

Not really an event but. The Maximals living in the Zoo? Stuck in their beast modes