Transformers and Naqoyqatsi

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by cephalicus, Jul 13, 2007.

1. cephalicus

cephalicus New Member

Hey guys,

Quite new to this forum but I just had to share my little quest with you guys.

Of course as a kid I played with transformers :grin: To be honest, I kinda forgot about them during adolescence because there were all these other cool things. One of these things being abstract film.

I always loved the opening sequence of the film NAQOYQATSI. Black and white images of this old desolated building. Struck me as quite beautiful. And I guess that is why the imagery embedded itself in my memory.

Then yesterday I took a trip down memory lane and went to the movies to see Transformers. To me great surprise during the final big battle near the end of the film there was a sequence shot at the exact same location as the film Naqoyqatsi. Well I wasn't really sure so I did some research.

http://transformers.markderidder.nl/

And after some intense surfing I finally found the answer. Never would have imagines there being a link between Transformers and Naqoyqatsi..... Nice surprise. Hehe.

I was just wondering if someone else noticed too? Or am I the only freak.

Take care all.

2. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    cool :thumb 

3. Psychrome86

Psychrome86 Well-Known Member

dude that rocks. now link the other two movies. :)