Customs: Transformers and LEGO

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by TFtoyaddict, Jan 14, 2007.

1. TFtoyaddict

TFtoyaddict Former Lurker

HI to all, I just found this on the net and well would like to share this to everyone. This guy is SOOOOOO talented wish I had his creative genius. I believe he posted his other creations before - Prime trailer, I don't know where to post this so I'll leave it to the moderators, if they wish to edit, move or (heaven forbid) delete it. Enjoy guys ... I know I did and still do..... Cheers!:thumb 

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/25535

2. BowB4Prime

BowB4Prime arse dimples

wow that was pretty hot... see lego could do it if they wanted too

3. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I coulda sworn I had just seen a thread with this.

4. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Everything is Awesome

News Credits:
    That would be because there was one not all that long ago.

5. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

that's nothing, compared to the aircraft carrier i found a few months ago made out of lego, :lol 

and isn't the creater ON this board? :lol 

6. alanyap

alanyap Will work for LEGO

hey... thanx! enjoyed every single comments on my creation here. this is what drives me.

do let me know if my lego creations is being discussed elsewhere in the web. Think I'll make a Neo Metroplex soon to go along with trypty

7. zopilote_z

zopilote_z Well-Known Member

Man, you DO have a talent!, you could have made the robot mode as an aftertought, but came up with something really nice and well done. Keep up the good work.

8. Henshin

Henshin Well-Known Member

Boy...am I a nerd. I have your Brickshelf folder saved to my favorites. Kinda' weird huh? Okay...more of creepy.

Still, you...are amazing.

One more thing, what's your estimated piece collection count?

9. PrimeConvoy

PrimeConvoy ShickaBAM!

10. Henshin

Yeah. I like how his creations only look complicated, but with a little work, could be achieved...if you have the right pieces.

11. alanyap

well I woulf prefer you bookmark my official lego gallery in mocpages (below). It contains more than just pics but at least some explanation about them.

http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/1356

huh.... i'm not really sure on the estimation of number of pieces I have. but i think it should be about between 20,000 - 30,000.

12. Henshin

:rock  Cool. I have around 7,000 or so. Not...sorted. About 70% are in in a medium size tupper ware box. And the rest are built into stuff.

13. PrimeConvoy

PrimeConvoy ShickaBAM!

Thats the thing, I have the pieces but lack the numbers, so far for the most part I work out the components sketch them and them build in a lego program, but that takes up a fair bit of time and I'm lacking that these days.

14. Henshin

I could probaly build one or two of his smaller bots of his with matching colors, but that's about it. I'd run out of joint bricks.

15. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Are Hasbro and Lego not seeing eye to eye? This is a gold mine waiting to happen for both companies if they would just get together on this.

The BTR series proves they atleast thought about it

16. alanyap

I usually never made preparations before I start building.

Just flip my trusty ol' TF generation deluxe book for visual guide, spot the right specimen that matches the color of majority lego parts i have, and build away.

as the construction progresses, I tend up hit some setbacks that require me to deconstruct some major sections (due to insufficient parts to make the opposite section, as most design are symmetrical) and rethink of better ways/workaround to proceed.

Sometimes due to lack of parts, I will snatch the required part off my current creation (swap them with other colors), and recycle it on my ongoing design.

17. Henshin

I don't ever bother with prep. I just build what omes to mind. I'm gonna try my hand at your design for the Neo Hot Rod thing.

18. PrimeConvoy

PrimeConvoy ShickaBAM!

Yeah It doesnt really make all that much sense ,both are power houses in the toy industry and something like this would be crazy. The only think that could really make this hard to do is the pieces...well not the pieces themselves casue we've seem it possible but the amount you need to make and engineer out the transformation...I guess cost, I mean when i build i keep my figure to about 8 to 12 inches in height and that can take a couple hundred of peices to make and well up here a 200 pieces set goes for about 25ish i think or more....so then they make these pre-made big pieces which makes things no fun anymore...

But i would love to see a line of real kickass Legoformers that would be awesome