Transformers and Children of the Corn

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Pikatron, Jan 13, 2007.

1. Pikatron

Pikatron Well-Known Member

I don't really read many novels nor, do I watch much TV, but I was watching some clips of Children of the Corn the other night. I noticed that the dynamic between Isaac and Malachi are really similar to the one between Megatron and Starscream. Anyone else notice this? Is this theme apparent in any other movie or literary work? Possibly the Bible?

2. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    You mean where the second in command wants to be in charge? I don't know about other movies, but I can think of one example in the bible. Jacob and Esau. Esau was the oldest and was supposed to inherit his fathers kingdom. Jacob tricked him out of it by offering him a bowl of soup when he was hungry for it in trade. It's not really like Megatron and Starscream because Starscream never succeeded. Atleast not long term. Plus, according to the apostle Paul in Romans 9, God wanted Jacob to take it over. I doubt Primus wanted Starscream in command of the decepticons.

3. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

^^ I'd have to agree with that, otherwise, the Bossman wouldn't have let dude get gyped out of the kingdom for a bowl of soup. Big Chief say "Good Trade, yes??"

4. Pikatron

Pikatron Well-Known Member

Sweet. I'm not too familiar with the Bible, whereabouts in it can I find that particular passage?

5. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Old Testament
    Gen 25:23 And the LORD said to her, "Two nations are in your womb, and two peoples from within you shall be divided; the one shall be stronger than the other, the older shall serve the younger."
    Gen 25:24 When her days to give birth were completed, behold, there were twins in her womb.
    Gen 25:25 The first came out red, all his body like a hairy cloak, so they called his name Esau.
    Gen 25:26 Afterward his brother came out with his hand holding Esau's heel, so his name was called Jacob. Isaac was sixty years old when she bore them.
    Gen 25:27 When the boys grew up, Esau was a skillful hunter, a man of the field, while Jacob was a quiet man, dwelling in tents.
    Gen 25:28 Isaac loved Esau because he ate of his game, but Rebekah loved Jacob.
    Gen 25:29 Once when Jacob was cooking stew, Esau came in from the field, and he was exhausted.
    Gen 25:30 And Esau said to Jacob, "Let me eat some of that red stew, for I am exhausted!" (Therefore his name was called Edom.)
    Gen 25:31 Jacob said, "Sell me your birthright now."
    Gen 25:32 Esau said, "I am about to die; of what use is a birthright to me?"
    Gen 25:33 Jacob said, "Swear to me now." So he swore to him and sold his birthright to Jacob.
    Gen 25:34 Then Jacob gave Esau bread and lentil stew, and he ate and drank and rose and went his way. Thus Esau despised his birthright.

New Testament
    Rom 9:10 And not only so, but also when Rebecca had conceived children by one man, our forefather Isaac,
    Rom 9:11 though they were not yet born and had done nothing either good or bad--in order that God's purpose of election might continue, not because of works but because of his call--
    Rom 9:12 she was told, "The older will serve the younger."
    Rom 9:13 As it is written, "Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated."

6. Katamari Prime

Katamari Prime Hassan Chop! TFW2005 Supporter

I have noticed a similarity between Malachi and Starscream in that there both in nature brutal and insane, and to a degree both are total tools.