Transformers Alternity Starscream

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by garyjale, May 31, 2010.

1. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Automorph works by folding the pelvis up to meet the chest. It should cause the chest to slide down slightly.

2. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    I have it. It's a very good design. The doors popping off easily is really my only complaint - the hip is not something I've had any trouble with.

Something that has worked wonders is giving the screw for the arms that that the doors rotate on a small tightening - part of the door problem was that the joint had no resistance so they were flopping around really.

3. zephon

zephon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    has anyone tried any method on tightening the ball joint doors which easily pops off? I used the "piece of paper" method on the shoulder ball joints and they worked perfectly. It's just the doors now that I'm having issues with....

4. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    I don't think any of the known tricks are going to work on the doors, because half the weakness is that the cup half isn't big enough for a secure connection.

5. zephon

zephon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ah, just as I feared. Good to know someone concurrs with me....

6. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Eh, superglue worked for me. Still not the most secure of connections, but they don't fall off on their own volition anymore, and the joints are now stiff enough to hold the door panels up, without them sagging with gravity.

7. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm going to bump this because there's no point in starting a new thread. I just got this in off of eBay for a ridiculously low price. For the price I paid, it's a great mold. For the original MSRP? Um...no. There are too many design issues I don't like for $70.00. For less than $30.00 shipped? Hell yes.

I had the driver's side door pop off once, but that was it. I've had no problems keeping the doors on since. The right leg is a stiff bitch and it drives me nuts, as well as the rear wheels/wing assembly. UGH.

The paint chipping? ....I hate die-cast. I opened the doors and BAM. It's not like the paint's stripped, but there are some chips. -_-

I don't care for the four eyes, I'll be painting the top layer, but the headsculpt is nice I think. The fake/cheat chest doesn't bother me, which is a surprise. The wings...I'm not quite sure how to display them, they feel asymmetrical in terms of wingspan, like the left wing is shorter than the right. Could just be my imagination, but it's kind of driving me nuts to look at it head on.

I like the range of poseability, considering the design of the mold. I was very impressed by that. I like the heft to it and the plastic feels definitely more solid than what current figures are offering. The transformation, overall, is really quite neat and I like how it all compacts and folds up. Things go places and move in ways you wouldn't have thought, I really liked that.

If you can find one cheap, or get one used at a good price, get it. If you're paying full price, nah. Pass.

Oh and the vehicle mode? Ugly or not, I'd drive an Orochi in a heartbeat. It's grown on me so much.