Transformers: Alternators - Isolation

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Fiction' started by Falcadore, May 13, 2005.

1. Xaxis

Xaxis Multi-dimensional Traveler

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Coooooooooooooooooooooool...

2. KnightSaberAmi

KnightSaberAmi Nyan Nyan

Escaflowne Lyrics Opening Theme

3. Tannerbot2000

Tannerbot2000 Well-Known Member

Your adding subtley, emotion, pain, loss, redemption, and all of those emotions that we never get in transformers? We have actual characters, not cardboard stand ups? dear god man, you're spoiling us. Thank you, and please keep going. In the mean time, i rather like the way wheeljack is being handled.

4. Baby Bumblebee

Baby Bumblebee Well-Known Member

great job showing jazz coping w/ the struggles of being leader.
    youve got me hooked on this storyline.

5. Baby Bumblebee

hasbro should look to this story and incorperate it into the alt line. having emotions and identifiable characters would do wonders to boost the alt line.

6. AutobotEngineer

AutobotEngineer Highly Dubious

This is still great. It makes playing with all my Alts that much more fun, and really makes me want Prowl (FRIDAY!!!).

I also read A Tale Anew, and wow, thats turning out to be great as well.

7. Falcadore

Falcadore Touring Car Autobot

Since you first posted this comment, I've had cause to rethink.

'Hawk' Stewart was supposed to be an original character. The characters name and personalit is actually closer to long running commander of the UK branch of UNIT (Doctor Who) Brigadier Alistair Gordon Lethbridge-Stewart than the equally legendary GI Joe General Hawk, with the Special Investigations Unit equally an Ameri-centric version of the United Nations Intelligence Taskforce. However, on reflection - it makes more sense to make 'Isolations' Hawk the Joe rather than the Scotts counterpart to the chaotically eccentric time travelling Gallifreyan.

I've been making some changes as we've gone along for a final polished version. This is starting to sound like one of the changes I'll make.

8. Falcadore

Since you first posted this comment, I've had cause to rethink.

'Hawk' Stewart was supposed to be an original character. The characters name and personalit is actually closer to long running commander of the UK branch of UNIT (Doctor Who) Brigadier Alistair Gordon Lethbridge-Stewart than the equally legendary GI Joe General Hawk, with the Special Investigations Unit equally an Ameri-centric version of the United Nations Intelligence Taskforce. However, on reflection - it makes more sense to make 'Isolations' Hawk the Joe rather than the Scotts counterpart to the chaotically eccentric time travelling Gallifreyan.

I've been making some changes as we've gone along for a final polished version. This is starting to sound like one of the changes I'll make.

9. Xaxis

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Wow. Well, um, glad to be of help?

So then...

You...killed...Hawk...

:D 

*Eagerly anticipating the next chapter.*

10. Falcadore

I've killed 'a' Hawk. Identity of the bird of prey is yet to be determined.

11. Baby Bumblebee

cant wait to read more. im starting to get the shakes. oh no withdrawel symptoms

12. Falcadore

BB: Shake no more...

Chapter 21: Excursions & Excommunication

Dust. Everywhere there was dust. Dust covered every elevated surface and large areas of the floor. Dust of disuse. The dust of a place left behind while time marched on elsewhere.

The air was musty and laden with what disturbed dust that had yet to find a new surface after having been disturbed by the arrival of the rooms sole occupant.

A walls shrank close in the tight confines of the room. Concrete under foot, plasterboard wall to the left in contemporary western style, local uneven clay brick walls in front and to the right, low human height ceiling, and a hinged galvanised tin wall behind. The only light came from the gaps around the poorly fitting hinged wall. The room was roughly square with one door on the left side, and the walls were lined with tools of varying kinds, all shaped to fit human hands. Some would have made excellent human-sized weapons, Decepticharge judged.

The humans gave names to many of their discoveries of the physical world, calling them laws or theories and giving them grandiose titles, giving the 'discoverer' the ego boost of a small slice of immortality, instead of accepting them as a truth or a boundary and moving on. Decepticharge lingered for the moment on the 'Second Law of Thermodynamics', which, once stripped of the longer words, basically states 'entropy increases'. If dust could be used as a representation of the 'Second Law of Thermodynamics', then this 'garage' was a graphic representation of this 'Law' in action.

Sounds filtered through from outside; the sounds of smaller flying animals in the well vegetated surrounds outside, and the sounds of the passing vehicles the Transformers of Earth imitated.

The garage sat next to a house in hills of the outer suburbs of Vera Cruz, Guatemala's major Atlantic Ocean port. Decepticharge had come here at Shockwave's suggestion for a rendezvous as Shockwave was coming here anyway. Decepticharge's contacts had provided a disused safe house, long disused as it turned out. Now the potential King-maker awaited his pawn.

Shockwave had told him why he was coming here. A piece of intelligence had been gained about the location of Swindle and Decepticharge was interested to check out this information. He, however, remembered Swindle of old and thought he would be considerably more devious than Shockwave had already allowed for. Layers upon layers, traps within traps. As such, Decepticharge was spending most of his time watching the tedious process of unloading a human cargo sea vessel via a vid camera that had been placed on a neighbouring container crane, which had 'broken down' the day before.

One of the passing vehicles altered sound and dropped down through the audio range. When Decepticharge sensed the vehicle was pulling into the driveway behind, he activated a remote frequency. A small spotlight mounted on a black box on the ceiling activate, throwing the garage's interior into a sudden sharp focus, which dulled as the tin wall hinged upward at the ceiling, allowing light from the day outside to spill, then flood into the room. A dark metallic blue Mazda RX8 was backing up slightly to allow the wall to continue to arc upwards before moving forward into the vacant area of garage to the right of Decepticharge's Honda S2000. The ersatz rotary engine rasp died suddenly as the wall hinged back downwards again, returning the room to its former gloom.

"I greet you Shockwave."

"You are Decepticharge. I have no record of you ever being in my command."

"Yet I know you well. I am a Decepticon and I can provide the means of uniting the Decepticons of Earth once more."

"What is the extent of your plan? I wish to review it." This was typical Shockwave, always believing that his abilities and intellect were superior, and with a complete blind spot to his own failings. It was different, thought Decepticharge, to have that monocular gaze directed at him, instead of those around him, even though both Decepticons sat in the garage in their vehicular alt modes. His reputation certainly had an effect, despite Decepticharge being aware of its limitations.

"There are those Decepticons who, believing the war for them is over, have attempted to integrate themselves. The destruction of the building in Arlington served a double purpose. For those Decepticons that are lost but still believers it will give them a rallying cry to let them know command has not forgotten them. For those who have tried to forget their pasts, this will be a reminder to the humans they try to associate with of what Decepticons are capable of, even likely to do. Humans will learn to fear and mistrust our brand again and any dealings with disenchanted Decepticons will fold thus forcing those Decepticons to return."

"A sound long range strategy. Short range is however also required. Which is why we are here. Recruitment opportunities increase when occurring through face-to-face communication."

Shockwave had linked in to the camera feed Decepticharge was viewing, and just at that moment a container on the dock was opened and a light brown armoured scout vehicle rolled forward from the entrance of the container. Decepticharge recognised the alt mode instantly.

Swindle.

It appeared however that someone else had recognised the vehicle. A blue Subaru with strange markings had been sitting at the end of the dock all morning, part of large consignment of largely blue coloured boxes being regimented by blue uniformed humans, and started rolling forward with increasing rapidity.

Rolling along the side of a waterfront warehouse, the blue car continued to approach the apparently dormant Decepticon.

"Shockwave is this part of your plan?" Shockwave did not respond to Decepticharge's question. Suddenly the blue car changed. The rear of the car extended, split and rotated along its axis, a pair of feet and legs emerging and getting underneath the rest of the vehicle, while the underside of the car folded in two forming a torso and a blue helmeted head with a pair of bright golden horns emerged from the top of the bonnet and a pair of arms emerged from underneath. On the one shoulder visible from the camera angle was a very familiar metallic red symbol. Autobot!

Decepticharge cursed to himself. There had been an opportunity to bring Swindle directly into the coming operation, and assumed this had been Shockwave's intent. Now legs akimbo and rifle outstretched, the unfamiliar Autobot had taken Swindle unawares. Swindle made no attempt to transform, or even move.

"Observation indicates with 53% reliability that the Autobot is Smokescreen." Decepticharge did not challenge Shockwave's assessment, and settled back to await developments. The rear tin wall started to hinge upwards at Decepticharge's command. Decepticharge decided they could observe while getting closer to the action and suggested this to Shockwave who concurred, when Smokescreen's posture changed and he stood up straight with hands held high. He bent and carefully laid his rifle on the ground before stepping backwards out of sight into the shadows of the warehouse beyond. After a couple of minutes a black hand stretched out of the shadows and retrieved the rifle. Swindle continued to sit outside the warehouse, seemingly unaware of what had just gone on. What could this mean?

Without further comment Decepticharge backed up the driveway and rolled down the street towards the inner city and the wharves beyond with the dark blue Mazda RX8 in pursuit.

Pulling out of the shadows of trees opposite the safe house was a black Chevrolet Corvette. The 'Vette moved slowly off down the street, holding a watching brief over the two small Japanese sports cars ahead.

Next: Chapter 22: Arrivals & Enquiries

13. AutobotEngineer

AutobotEngineer Highly Dubious

Oh man...I need to know who decepticharge is! Great story, WRITE FASTER.

plzzzz:D 

14. Baby Bumblebee

wow keep up the good work. this would make an awsome hard cover book.

15. Xaxis

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Man, this is getting better and better. Keep up the great work, and don't write too fast! Although I'm anxious for more, I know that you can't rush creativity. :) 

16. Baby Bumblebee

right on, go at your own pace a story this good cant be rushed. but stewed like in a crock pot all the creative juices soaking into the meat of the story making it that much better. man this makes me hungry. (runs of into the kitchen).

17. Falcadore

Chapter 22: The Next Chapter

All the Decepticons gathered at the top of the hill and said "You win" and walked away.

The End.

You want me to spend more time on that? :D 

18. Baby Bumblebee

hahahaha im sure thats not what autobot engineer had in mind.
    just keep up the good work.
    could you possibly make a chapter where the autobots and decepticons skipped merrily through a field of flowers holding hands. hahahah

19. Xaxis

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Dude, Chapter 22 was intense! I can't imagine where the story will go after a plot twist like that! Woo! :D 

20. Falcadore

its not going anywhere that was it I give up - performance anxiety ARGHHHH!