Transformers: Alliance

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Fiction' started by Challenger, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Challenger

Challenger Loves Bumblebee

News Credits:
    Hi everyone and welcome to my first Transformers fanfiction. Before you start reading you should probably know that this doesn't take place in one of the previously established Transformers universes, but in an original one. I'm going to be borrowing some elements from the movies, Transformers: Animated, and Transformers: Prime though. All of the characters, except for Starscream and Soundwave at the moment, will look like they do in the movies. Starscream and Soundwave will look like they do in Transformers: Prime. Oh and if your wondering what my OC Aly Rose looks like, she looks like Scarlett Johansson in Iron Man 2.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[​IMG]

Part 1, Chapter 1

Aly Rose impatiently drummed her fingers against her desk and anxiously looked up at the clock. It was Friday and it seemed like time was against her, forcing her to endure five more minutes of her teacher's lecture. Normally she would have paid more attention to what he was saying, but today all she wanted was for the bell to ring so she could leave. It was Friday and her parents were out of town for the weekend. Usually when they were out of town, she would be forced to stay with one of their neighbors for the weekend, but this time Aly had convinced them to let her stay with her friends instead. It hadn't been too hard to convince her parents to let her. Of course had she told them that the friends she was going to be staying with were giant alien robots, they probably wouldn't have let her. In fact if her parents even knew that giant alien robots existed and that she was friends with them, her mom would freak and her dad probably would never let her leave the house again.

Only three more minutes, Aly told herself.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bumblebee sat in vehicle mode out in the school's parking lot. He was glad that it was almost time for Aly to come out of the building. After all sitting outside in the sun for seven hours got rather boring after a while for a young energetic bot like Bumblebee, especially when you had to do it five days a week. If it wasn't for the internet or his radio, he probably would have died from boredom. He had learned that there was a camera that watched the parking lot to make sure that no one tried to steal any cars during the school day and so if he were to leave after the school day started, it probably would look like someone was stealing the yellow Camaro.

Bumblebee had been looking forward to this weekend ever since Aly had convinced Prime and the others to let her stay at their current base while her parents were out of town. Being Aly's guardian, he normally spent the majority of his time with her, or at least sitting in a parking lot outside of the place she was currently at. He rarely got to stay at the base. Sure he and Aly would go there after school most days and on the weekends, but they never got to stay too long before it was time for them to get back to Aly's house. So when Aly told him about her parents going out of town and that unless she found somewhere else to stay, they were both going to be stuck staying with one of her neighbors this weekend, he had suggested that they ask Optimus if she could stay with them instead. After a short discussion with the rest of the Autobots, it was decided that Aly could stay with them on the condition that her kitten didn't. The condition was Ironhide's; he didn't particularly like Sherlock climbing on him. Plus Sherlock would be easy to miss and one of them might accidentally step on the gray and white kitten.

He noticed that people were coming out of the school building then and looked to see where Aly was at. She was at the door talking to a few of her friends. After a few minutes they all walked towards the parking lot and Aly opened up the door and climbed inside.

"Bye Aly, see you Monday," one of the girls called.

"See ya later," Aly called back, closing the door. "Hey 'Bee."

"Hi Aly, how was school?" Bumblebee asked as he pulled out of the parking spot.

"Same as always," Aly replied. "It feels like the teachers make us do the exact same thing every single day. It's so boring. I'm going to be glad when it's summer and I don't have to go for a few months."

"It's that bad?" Bumblebee asked. "I thought school sounded rather interesting."

"Well it's sort of interesting every now and then, but it's usually boring. All you do is sit and do work or take notes or listen to your teachers lecture," Aly explained to him. "Did you guys have anything like schools back on Cybertron?"

"Not that I know of," Bumblebee answered. "Optimus, Ratchet, or Ironhide would be able to answer that better than I can. They know more about what Cybertron was like before the war. So are you all set for tonight?"

"Yep! Sherlock is staying with my neighbor and I have all of my stuff right here," she said. "I brought some DVDs for us to watch too."

"Which ones?"

"Let's see, I brought all of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies and some of the Indiana Jones movies. I thought you guys might like them."

Bumblebee did a quick internet search to see what the movies were about.

"They sound like good movies," he said.

"They are. So has anything been going on?" she asked.

"No, nothing since the Decepticons last attack," Bumblebee replied. "The others have picked up a Decepticon roaming around on some of the scanners though. Since we've only spotted one on the scanners, Optimus doesn't think the Decepticons are going to attack again yet, but he thinks they might be planning something."

"Too bad whatever their planning probably isn't them leaving," Aly muttered.

"Yeah," Bumblebee said in agreement. "So do you have anything you need to do with martial arts this weekend?"

Aly smiled. She had been taking martial arts lessons ever since she was six after she watched some movie with her parents that had some martial arts in it and she had told them that she wanted to learn how to do martial arts. She was nearly through with lessons now, and the lessons she still had took place on Tuesdays and Thursdays, but every now and then she would go to the gym on the weekends to practice some.

"Not unless there's nothing else to do," Aly replied.

"Can't get enough practice can you? Well it's nice to know that the person I'm guarding can at least take care of herself a little," Bumblebee said teasingly before switching the radio to play "Eye of the Tiger".

Aly just rolled her eyes, "Very funny 'Bee."

2. Honorbound

Honorbound The Reclusive Semi-Lurker

So far, it looks like a solid introduction. I see you went with the in media res approach, instead of following Aly until she meets the Autobots, as so many other fanfics do. Good idea.

You also did a good job adding little tidbits about several characters, from Bumblebee's impatience while waiting for Aly at school to Aly's martial arts training and Ironhide's dislike of Sherlock. I also like how you had Optimus show a little foresight and planning.

I did notice one grammar mistake, though. In this sentence "'Too bad whatever their planning probably isn't them leaving,' Aly muttered." you used their instead of they're. It's easy to miss, especially since Spellchecker doesn't homophones (two different words that sound alike) like that. My advice would be to either read through your work again to proofread it or have someone else do it.

You also would probably have been better served by describing the characters in the actual text of the fanfiction rather than in the foreward. You could describe your own interpretations of them, telling us how you see them physically, even if they hew pretty close to previous designs.

Other than that, I didn't notice anything wrong; as I said, it's a solid introduction, but I'm hoping that it picks up quickly.

3. Challenger

News Credits:
    Honorbound - Thanks! Descriptions have never really been my forte, that's mainly why I put what the characters look like in the foreword, but I'm going to work on describing the characters some starting with chapter 3.

Chapter 2

Starscream looked over the data that Barricade and Frenzy were sending to the Nemesis. It wasn't anything useful in Starscream's opinion, all it really mentioned was a few locations where they spotted the Autobots. But Megatron had ordered for them to spy on the Autobots from a distance to gather information for his next plan. There was no way for the Decepticons to currently find the Autobots' base without alerting the Autobots to their presence. And after their defeat to the Autobots three Earth days ago, it best for them to lay low until there was a new plan of attack. So all Barricade and Frenzy were able to tell them was that the yellow Autobot Bumblebee spent time outside of the school to the Autobots' human companion.

How that information would help them, he didn't know. The little Autobot scout and the human were hardly major threats. The Autobot was just, as the humans say, a thorn in their side. He could cause problems to their plans, he had done so in the past, but he could be dealt with fairly easily for most of the Decepticons.

What use would he and the human girl be in Megatron's plan? Starscream pondered. Barricade and Frenzy should try to supply us with information about the other Autobots, the ones that would make better targets for us, if Megatron is planning on targeting one of the Autobots that is. Which speaking of Megatron's plan, what is it?

Starscream thought for a moment. Megatron hadn't told any of them what he was planning on doing yet. Normally he would be boasting on how this plan would be the one that would cause the Autobots to fall once and for all... and then they would end up losing. It was a never ending pattern. Megatron would come up with a plan that he considered foolproof, Starscream would occasionally point out some tiny flaw that Megatron considered insignificant, they would attack the Autobots, they would lose, and then Megatron would blame Starscream for the failure. That was just how things were and they would probably stay that way unless the Decepticons ever had a successful plan. They had had a few successful ones back on Cybertron. There would be battles where the Autobots would receive a critical blow that would cause them to lose, but here on Earth, the Autobots won. Every. Single. Battle. And no Decepticon was fond of that.

This next plan will probably go the exact same way, Starscream thought. It's amazing that basically everyone still remains loyal to Megatron.

It was amazing to Starscream that none of the other Decepticons had turned their backs on Megatron. Failure after failure, none of them seemed to question his leadership. It was rather disappointing to Starscream. He had secretly been hoping that some of the others would start to have their doubts and then he could easily manipulate them to do his bidding and he could become leader of the Decepticons. But that hadn't happened, and it didn't look like it was going to. He had thought quite a few times about killing the Decepticon leader himself, but the possibility of failing to do so stopped him from even attempting it. It would be best to just wait and let Optimus Prime or one of the other Autobots do that part for him.

It's bound to happen sooner or later.

Right then he heard someone entering the command center and quickly abandoned his thoughts. He turned around to see Megatron himself walking in.

"Lord Megatron," Starscream greeted.

"Starscream what have Barricade and Frenzy reported?" Megatron questioned.

"They've reported that they've spotted the Autobot scout Bumblebee with the human girl the Autobots are friends with," Starscream answered. "Nothing of much use."

"Any information about the Autobots can be of use Starscream. Even the smallest actions can give away a weakness and that's something we cannot afford to miss!" Megatron remarked, giving his second in command a glare.

Starscream was silent for a moment. He thought of several retorts he could say, but decide it was best not to voice any of them. He knew Megatron was still in a bit of a foul mood from their previous defeat and when Megatron was in a foul mood it was best to not test his patience. And Starscream for one didn't enjoy getting beat to slag.

"Lord Megatron, if I may ask, what exactly is your plan to defeat the Autobots this time?"

"Not the Autobots Starscream, just Optimus," Megatron replied. Upon seeing the puzzled look on Starscream's face he elaborated. "Without him the Autobots are leaderless and will easily fall. All I have to do is destroy him once and for all."

"And how are you planning on doing that?" Starscream inquired.

"By capturing one of my brother's precious Autobots. With one of them being held hostage and being luring him into a trap will be no problem. He'll come alone or else the captured Autobot will die. Then I will kill Optimus Prime," Megatron explained. "Tell Barricade to continue spying on the Autobots and for him and Frenzy to get information on the others. I still need to decide which one of them we will capture and where to do so."

With that the Decepticon leader turned and left Starscream to carry out his task. Megatron was certain that this would be the plan that would destroy his brother. His other plans may have failed, but this one would not. He knew Optimus could be too compassionate for his own good and it was time to use that against him. Everything for the plan was set. Barricade and Frenzy would give him the information about the Autobots, Soundwave would find the best time to strike, then Starscream, and perhaps himself, would go and capture the Autobot, and then he would kill Prime. All that was left to do was to decide on which Autobot would be the perfect bait for his trap.

4. Ironhide1706

Ironhide1706 Elessar Telcontar

Excellent work Challenger! Can't wait to see how Megatron's plan works.

:thumb 

5. Honorbound

This chapter looks solid in terms of construction, though you omitted a word near the beginning (you should have said "it was best for them to lay low" instead of "it best for them to lay low). I doubt this was intentional, but proofreading could have caught it. Other than that and a small run-on sentence near the beginning that a semicolon could fix, there were no grammatical errors.

Plot-wise, it looks like another set-up chapter. At first, it didn't hook me, but on thinking about it, several things became apparent:
    1) Starscream may think that he's more intelligent than Megatron - and with the constant string of defeats, he might have reason to think so - but he missed something important. If Bumblebee isn't a threat, then he is a weakness the Decepticons can use against the Autobots.

As a side note, I wonder if those defeats that Megatron blamed Starscream for were in actuality Starscream's fault. Starscream isn't exactly known for admitting when he's wrong, and we only know that the Decepticons haven't won a single battle on Earth. We don't know what the particulars of each defeat are, so Megatron could have every right to blame Starscream.

2) Megatron's plan seems cliched to me, which is weird, because despite what the tech specs say, Megatron rarely tries to use Optimus's weaknesses against him. Maybe it is something left over from earlier series, because later series don't really use it.

That said, his plan is very intelligent, making use of several weaknesses in his enemies (their weaker comrades, Bumblebee and Aly, as well as Optimus's compassion for them) to cut off his enemies' leadership, rendering them vulnerable to attack.

Overall, it looks like a good chapter, though I can't wait to get to what you are building up to.

6. Challenger

News Credits:
    Ironhide1706 - Thanks!

Honorbound - Thanks, I did a bit more proofreading for this chapter (chapter 3) and actually caught quite a few errors, though there probably are still a few that I missed. Some of the losses might have been Starscream's fault, I hadn't really thought much about that until you mentioned it. I imagine that he probably was the reason the 'Cons lost some of the battles, but there probably were a few where it was someone elses fault instead. And your right about Starscream missing an important detail, something he's going to have to learn not to miss if he's ever going to achieve his dream of becoming leader of the Decepticons.

This chapter didn't turn out quite as well or as long as I wanted it to, but hopefully I'll be able to do better on chapter 4. Also I'm finding that Optimus is currently the hardest character for me to write, so if anyone has any tips/advice on how I can write him (or any of the other characters) better, I'd appreciate it. I'm going to be using the units of time used in Transformers: Animated in this story, which according to The Allspark Almanac are:

nanoklick - about a second

cycle - 100 nanokliks, about 1.5 minutes

megacycle - 100 cycles, about 2.6 hours

solar cycle - 10 megacycles, about a day

deca-cycle - 10 solar cycles (I'm guessing this is supposed to be about a week, the book doesn't say)

orbital cycle - 32 solar cycles, about a month

stellar cycle - 320 solar cycles, about a year

Chapter 3

Optimus Prime glanced over at the couch where Aly was sleeping on his way over to the monitors where Ironhide and Ratchet had called for him. She had fallen asleep during the forth movie that she and Bumblebee were watching. Optimus, Ironhide, and Ratchet had watched bits and pieces of the movies with them. All of the Autobots had occasionally asked a question or two about the movies and Aly would answer them, though she had rolled her blue eyes a few times whenever one of the questions they had asked had an obvious answer to her. A few megacycles after Aly had went to sleep, Bumblebee had went to his room to recharge, leaving only Optimus, Ironhide, and Ratchet awake. The three Autobots were trying their best to be quiet, so they would not wake up Aly.

The Autobots' current base was an old abandoned warehouse that was located on the outskirts of town. They had found it shortly after arriving on Earth and discovered that it was plenty big enough to serve as their center of operations. They had found several pieces of human furniture and electronics that had been left behind whenever the building had closed. The Autobots had had no need for any of the items at the time, so they had just put all of them away, except the TV, in one of the empty rooms they weren't using. They had kept the TV out because Bumblebee had taken an interest in some cartoons, but as soon as Ratchet was able to rig up a monitor that was actually a better size for a Cybertronian to use, they had put it in the storage room as well. After they met Aly, everything that was in the storage room was pulled out and cleaned off a bit for her to use whenever she was at their base. They hadn't had a lot, just a couch, a small refrigerator, a table, and a few chairs. Aly had commented that the furniture must have been in a break room before. Unfortunately they didn't have bed for Aly to sleep in, so she was having to sleep on the couch, which Aly had said she didn't have any problems with.

"The Decepticon signal popped back up on the scanners again Optimus," Ratchet said as Optimus arrived at the monitors.

Over the past few solar cycles one of the Decepticons had been wandering towards their base, usually keeping a fairly good distance away, most likely to avoid their scanners. They weren't entirely sure which Decepticon it was, but the Autobot leader had a fairly good idea who the Decepticon was.

"He's getting closer," Ironhide muttered.

Optimus looked at the monitor. Ironhide was right, the Decepticon was currently only a few miles away from their base.

"Is it possible for him to detect that we are here?" Optimus asked Ratchet.

"He probably suspects that we're located somewhere in this sector, but he shouldn't be able to pinpoint our exact location unless he's only a mile or less away," Ratchet answered.

"I still say we should go and blast the Decepticon punk before he gets close enough to know we're here," Ironhide said.

"It would be best that we not confirm his suspicions at the moment Ironhide," Optimus replied. "While I do not want him to discover our location and inform the other Decepticons of it, I would rather us not go out and attack unless we are certain that he knows we are here."

"What do you suppose he's after?" Ratchet questioned.

Optimus thought for a minute. In truth he wasn't quite sure what the Decepticon was after; it could be a multitude of things. There was the possibility that he was after the location of their base or perhaps he was out on recon for one of his brother's plans. And then there was the small possibility that the Decepticon wasn't after anything and had just wandered into the sector without knowing that he was anywhere near their base. Of course since this was the third time this deca-cycle he had wandered close to their base, it was highly unlikely that the latter would be the correct assumption. One of the first two ideas would most likely be the reason that the Decepticon was there.

"I'm not sure Ratchet, but we should be on the lookout and try to see if we can find out," Optimus finally answered.

Ratchet and Ironhide nodded in agreement before returning their focus to the monitors. Within a couple of cycles the Deception signal vanished, indicating that the 'Con had turned around and was too far away for their scanners to detect his signal. The three Autobots waited a few more cycles before leaving to go to their rooms, knowing that the Decepticon would be back again soon.

7. Honorbound

This looks to be another good chapter; there were a couple of mistakes (forth instead of fourth), but they didn't take too much away. Thinking on little stuff like this, I recall that professional works reviewed by full-time editors often have little mistakes. Therefore, I understand that you can't catch them all, just most of them.

Character-wise, it was good as well. I didn't get too much of a sense of Ratchet's personality, but I got a better sense of Ironhide. He's an ornery old guy, and he has no tolerance for Decepticons (nor should he).

Once again, you showed Optimus's intelligence and wisdom - he knows that if he smacks down the Decepticon so close to the Autobot base, the Decepticons will be able to deduce the location of their base. After all, the dog that got hit is the one that yelps.

If you're looking for tips on how to write Optimus, the first one I would give you is that he isn't a guy without fears or concerns.

His compassion for the innocent naturally means that he fears for them if something happens to them. His primary motive is his love for his fellow man. He just wants innocent people to be able to live their lives and build their life's works without some jumped-up would-be dictator (Megatron) taking control and making their lives hell.

As a corollary, his outrage when someone tries to hurt the innocent should not be ignored. Fury when someone messes with your loved ones is a natural part of loving someone. I personally think that is why RotF Optimus is so brutal towards the Decepticons; he hates them because they destroyed Cybertron and tried to commit genocide against the human race. It's another expression of his love for the innocent.

His integrity is another part of him. Optimus is naturally going to do the right thing. However, that doesn't mean that he won't suffer for it. The phras "no good deed goes unpunished" applies here. Plenty of bad guys aren't going to like the fact that by doing the right thing, Optimus is ruining their plans/fun, so they focus their attention on destroying/tormenting him. What a lot of cartoon series (Transformers included) fail to realize is that all actions have consequences, not just the bad ones. For good actions, sometimes you end up better off, and sometimes you get hurt for it. It is much more impressive to be good when you know that you will suffer for it. That's the truest test of your goodness.

The final important aspect of Optimus is his reserved nature. The man isn't a boastful braggart. He's usually in control and in some incarnations, has a quiet dignity about him. He won't unload his problems on anyone else because he is the guy that the others come to for support. As the leader, he is the rock that they hold onto in the current. He is their guide, their inspiration. He can't afford to unload his problems on anyone.

8. Challenger

News Credits:
    Honorbound - Thanks for the tips! I'm still having a little bit of trouble with Optimus' dialogue though, but I guess that's just something I'm going to have to work on.

Sorry it took me over a month to update; I've had quite a bit of writer's block.

Chapter 4

Bumblebee went over to where Aly was sleeping to watch TV as quietly as possible. Luckily he had stellar cycles of experience when it came to being silent, so he was able to successfully accomplish his objective without waking the sixteen year old. While he didn't like looking back on the reason why he had so much experience being silent, Bumblebee had to admit that the experience did occasionally come in handy. He started to flip through the channels until he found a show that he liked.

"Up already?"

Bumblebee jumped at the unexpected question and turned around to see who had entered the room.

"Oh hi Ironhide," Bumblebee said. "I didn't hear you come in."

"You need to pay better attention then," Ironhide remarked.

"I pay attention," Bumblebee defended. "Just not as much when I'm watching TV."

The look Ironhide gave him told Bumblebee that that was Ironhide's point.

"I came to tell you that you've got training today in a couple megacycles," Ironhide said.

"I do? But..."

"No buts. Optimus wants you to get started on it again. You need the training anyway Bumblebee, unless you want another incident like Ty-"

"No I don't," Bumblebee quickly cut him off.

"Good then I'll see you in a megacycle."

Bumblebee watched as Ironhide left the room, trying to suppress a groan. Training with Ironhide had never been one of his favorite past times. Sure Ironhide and Optimus were right, he did need more training. He was far from being the best fighter, though he was getting better. Sure he could take on Decepticons like Barricade without too much trouble, but if he ran into one of the larger Decepticons, well it most likely would not end well. They could easily overpower him. Still training with Ironhide was not exactly fun since it normally left Bumblebee with more than a few dents in him. He looked back over at Aly. Hopefully there wasn't anything important that she wanted to do today.

Aly woke to the sound of cartoons one hour later. She brushed a strand of her red hair out of her face as she sat up to see what was going on. She wasn't really that surprised to see Bumblebee sitting in front of her watching cartoons, after all who else would be watching them besides him. She let out a small yawn causing Bumblebee to turn around.

"Oh Aly, you're awake. Good morning, did I wake you up?" Bumblebee asked sheepishly.

"'Morning 'Bee. Nah, you didn't wake me," Aly replied. "Um what time is it?"

"It's about seven thirty," he answered.

Aly stared up at Bumblebee in disbelief. She had actually got up at seven thirty on a Saturday? She normally slept later than that! Then again that was when she was at her house and not at the Autobots' base. She had been curious as to what they would be doing today, so maybe that had something to do with her waking up earlier than usual. Not that it really mattered anyway.

"So what's on the agenda for today?" she asked.

"Well I have training with Ironhide in an hour. I'm not sure what after that."

"What kind of training?" Aly questioned.

"Combat training. What else?" Bumblebee answered as if it were obvious.

" I didn't know that," Aly replied.

"I still have to finish all my training and we haven't got around to continuing it lately. But Optimus thinks it's time to start working on it again," he explained.

"Oh. So can I watch? I've never seen robot combat training before."

"I don't see why you couldn't. Though I'm not really sure if it would be anything that you would be interested in," Bumblebee said.

Aly looked at Bumblebee incredulously.

"Nothing I'd be interested in? Are you serious? I think watching Ironhide kick your butt will be very amusing," she laughed.

"Hey! I'm your guardian, you're supposed to be on my side!" Bumblebee protested.

"I'm just looking at this realistically. But don't worry 'Bee, I think you're very brave for at least trying."

"Yeah, uh-huh, sure. So what do you want to do in the meantime? We can watch TV or we could play a video game. I found a new one that looks like it'll be fun. And don't worry, it's not a racing game."

Aly had recently introduced him to video games and he had taken a quick liking to them. Unfortunately it was rather difficult trying to find a game that both he and Aly would like. They had played quite a few racing games, but she had got tired of them after a while. She had claimed that they were too repetitive, but Bumblebee had the feeling that she was tired of them because she always lost when they played them.

"Let's play the game," Aly said. "But first I need to eat breakfast."

About a hour later Ironhide and Bumblebee were outside behind the base training, with Aly watching at a distance with Optimus. The teenager watched with interest, occasionally cheering for her guardian/best friend. Unfortunately cheering didn't do much good for Bumblebee. It seemed that Ironhide kept beating the scout in their fight. Which really wasn't all that surprising.

"Hey Optimus how come Bumblebee hasn't finished his training yet?" Aly curiously asked, looking up at the Autobot leader.

"The war on Cybertron kept us busy Alyson, making it difficult to work on Bumblebee's training at times. And then after the Battle of Tyger Pax he was unable to do his training for a while. By the time he was able to work on it again, we had to leave Cybertron," Optimus explained.

"What happened at Tyger Pax?" she questioned.

"That is something you will have to ask Bumblebee yourself," Optimus answered.

Aly nodded returning her attention to the training that was happening, making a mental note to ask 'Bee about that battle Optimus had mentioned later.

Unbeknownst to the spectators and participants of the training, several miles away someone was observing the event.

9. Challenger

News Credits:
    Chapter 5

Later that day Aly and Bumblebee were out for a drive. Aly's mind kept wandering back to her conversation with Optimus earlier. What had happened to 'Bee at Tyger Pax? She was very curious about it, but she wasn't sure how to ask her guardian. If Optimus wouldn't tell her and said that she would have to ask Bumblebee herself, it must be something the scout didn't like to talk about. She didn't want to upset her best friend. In the end she decided to just be blunt.

"What happened at Tyger Pax?"

Bumblebee jolted back in surprise when the question came out of nowhere. He certainly hadn't expected her to ask about that! He didn't even know that she knew about that! How did she know?

"How do you know about Tyger Pax?" he questioned, breaking the tense silence.

"Optimus mentioned it when I was talking to him earlier. He wouldn't tell me about it though. He said I'd have to ask you, so I did. Are you going to answer me?"

When Bumblebee remained silent, she sighed.

"If you don't want to tell me, that's ok."

Aly turned her attention to the window, staring at the passing scenery. She was slightly annoyed at her friend's silence. She didn't understand why he wouldn't tell her what happened. And she wasn't going to understand unless he told her. Bumblebee must have realized that as well, because he started speaking.

"Tyger Pax was one of the last battles fought before we had to leave Cybertron," he hesitantly began. "I was supposed to distract the Decepticons while the others completed the main part of the mission. But then something happened that we hadn't expected."

"What happened?"

"Megatron showed up. I contacted the others the second I saw him. I knew that I couldn't fight him and win, so I opted to try to just keep him busy long enough until back up arrived. I'm still not sure if that was a good idea. I ended up making him mad and I'm not really sure what happened after that. I woke up in Ratchet's med-bay three solar cycles later. When I tried to ask what had happened, I couldn't. All I could feel was pain coming from my vocal processor. Ratchet told me that it had been crushed by Megatron and he wasn't sure if he would be able to fix it."

"But he did," Aly cut in.

"Yeah he did, but it took him a long time. It was awful not being able to speak out loud! I was still able to communicate with the others by other methods luckily. I don't really like thinking or talking about it."

"Sorry I asked," Aly said apologetically.

"It's ok, you didn't know. It's probably better that you do know. So is there anywhere in particular you want to go?" he asked, changing the subject.

It was only five minutes later when Bumblebee spotted a silver F-16 flying overhead. Not knowing whether or not the jet was the Decepticon second in command, he was forced to hide in an alley. He wasn't going to take any chances with Aly with him. He continued to drive in reverse through the alley until he reached the center of it.

"What's going on?" Aly asked.

"I thought I saw a 'Con," he replied.

"Perhaps you did Autobot," a new voice said from behind them.

Bumblebee froze at the sound of the new voice. How had he not detected that he was here! Immediately he tried to contact Optimus, but he found that something or someone was jamming the signal. He poured on the speed to get out of there. Before he was able to reach the main road, Starscream flew down in front of him, cutting off his exit. He and Aly were trapped by Starscream and Megatron, with no way of contacting the others for help.

"'B-bee?" Aly squeaked.

"Aly if you can find a way to escape, without getting hurt or killed in the process, do it," he whispered, making sure neither Megatron nor Starscream could hear him.

He opened up the door to let her out before transforming. He wasn't going to just sit there defenseless! Lowering his battle mask, he took a defensive stance.

"Foolish Autobot," Megatron stated charging up his fusion cannon.

Bumblebee leapt out of the way when Megatron fired at him, firing a shot of his own at the Deception leader. Little did he know that that was just a diversion. With the scout's back to him Starscream hit the scout with a well-placed shot from his null ray. This allowed Megatron to get close enough to the stunned young bot to knock him out with little resistance. The scout was of better use to his plan mostly undamaged… for now.

Aly watched in fear as Bumblebee fell to the ground. This couldn't be happening! She had to get help! Forcing herself to move, she sprinted towards the entrance to the alley. Her heart was pounding in her chest as she hoped that the two Decepticons had forgotten about her. Unfortunately it seemed that she wasn't going to get that lucky when she found herself dangling in front of Starscream's smirking face.

"We meet again girl," Starscream said.

"Starscream take the human back to the ship and place her in the brig," Megatron ordered.

A look of pure terror appeared on Aly's face as Starscream transformed and took off, with her trapped inside. Why was this happening? She couldn't find the courage to actually voice her question. Even if she had asked, she doubted that she would have received an answer besides the jet probably telling her to shut up.

It wasn't too long until they arrived at the Nemesis. Starscream brought Aly down to the brig and roughly tossed her inside before activating the energy bars. The dim lighting of the cell made it hard for her to see anything. Hugging her knees, she closed her eyes, wishing this was all just a bad dream.

Meanwhile Megatron had just arrived back at the Nemesis and was currently dragging a still unconscious Bumblebee to the command center.

"Restrain him," he ordered Barricade.

Turning to Soundwave, he nodded, signaling him to contact Optimus Prime.

10. Honorbound

And so Phase one begins. So far, things are progressing steadily: Megatron has his hostages as needed, with a minimal amount of fuss, and the trap is set.

We also got a little character development for Bumblebee: even though he got his voice back, he still has the psychological wounds from what Megatron did to him. What would have been great would be to see Bumblebee's reaction to seeing Megatron, the guy who hurt him so badly, again. Fear, rage, anything would have been good.

It's good to see that you are still working on this. Hopefully the next update won't be as long in coming.

11. ARCTrooperAlpha

ARCTrooperAlpha Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    must stick around to learn more !!!

12. Challenger

News Credits:
    Honorbound - Well it didn't take me quite as long this time around. I would have liked to have finished this chapter (chapter 6) sooner, but it decided to be difficult to write. Yeah Bumblebee still has some psychological wounds from what Megatron did, honestly I don't see how he couldn't have any after having his vocal processor crushed and not being able to speak for a long time.

ARCTrooperAlpha - I hope you'll continue reading!

Ok so a little heads up, I'm going to be taking my time with the next two chapters. They have fight scenes in them and I want them to, hopefully, turn out good.

Chapter 6

Optimus Prime was the only one in the base at the time the transmission came in. When he arrived at the monitor to see Megatron on it, a feeling of dread coursed through him. If Megatron was contacting him, something was wrong.

"Megatron."

"I believe you've lost something Optimus," Megatron stated, gesturing to Bumblebee, who appeared to be starting to regain consciousness. With a wave of his hand he signaled for Barricade to take him away, though not before catching a glimpse of fear in the young bot's optics.

"I must say it's been awhile since I've encountered your scout personally."

Optimus' optics narrowed at Megatron's allusion to Tyger Pax. He had been the first to arrive at the scene; only to find an barely conscious Bumblebee in Megatron's clutch. Megatron's mind had no doubt been set on destroying the young Autobot, but as soon as he caught sight of Optimus he took off. If Optimus had not arrived at that very moment... well he would rather not think about it. Bumblebee is like a son to him and he would hate to lose him. Unfortunately for him, Bumblebee had a knack for getting himself into dangerous situations. The fact that he would risk his life in said situations if he thought it would help a friend, was both an honorable and worrisome trait.

"And we haven't had the pleasure of having a human as a guest before," Megatron said, bringing Optimus out of his thoughts. "I can assure you that we'll give her a stay that she won't forget."

Megatron knew that this would be what set his brother off.

"Megatron release Bumblebee and Aly unharmed at once!"

"Why should I Optimus?"

"What do you want Megatron?" Optimus asked, knowing that Megatron would not have done any of this without a reason.

"Well if you want your pitiful excuse for a scout back so badly, meet me at the following coordinates in one megacycle. Alone. I promise to bring your scout. Don't keep us waiting Optimus," Megatron said as he ended the transmission.

Megatron turned around as Barricade reentered the command center.

"We have him restrained and his weapons are disabled. If by some small chance he gets loose, he'll be useless in a fight Lord Megatron," Barricade reported. "Oh and he appears to be a bit agitated."

"I imagine he's recalling memories of our previous encounter," Megatron replied as he strode out of the room.

Bumblebee was scared – laying motionless on the floor of the Nemesis who could blame him, but he hated the fact that he had shown his fear. That was probably something Megatron hoped he would do! To make matters worse, Bumblebee had no idea of what had happened to Aly. Where was she at? Had she got away? Or was she somewhere on the ship as well? The latter seemed to be the most likely of the two situations. Bumblebee could only hope that she was alright. He had noticed that Megatron had been talking to Optimus when he had been taken out of the command center of the ship after regaining consciousness only moments before. Optimus and the others would find a way to rescue them. They always had in the past and there was no reason that they wouldn't now. That thought made him feel a little better. For whatever reason they had been captured in the first place, Aly and himself would be rescued. Just then Megatron walked into the hallway that Bumblebee was currently in. He fixed the Decepticon leader with a glare as he was forcefully hefted off the ground.

"You're coming with me scout."

"You do realize that this is most likely a trap," Ironhide said after Optimus explained the situation to Ratchet and himself

"Indeed I do old friend. But this may be our best opportunity to rescue Bumblebee and Aly."

"One of us should come with you Optimus," Ratchet said.

"No. Megatron has promised to bring Bumblebee and he wants me to come alone. I do not want to risk something happening to Bumblebee, should one of you come along with me."

"And what if he's lying about bringing Bumblebee?" Ratchet questioned.

"Right now that is a chance I am going to have to take," Optimus answered. "I need the two of you to do something. Megatron has not promised to bring Aly. I have no doubt that she is still somewhere on the Nemesis. I need you to find her and bring her back."

13. Challenger

News Credits:
    I've changed my mind about this chapter having a fight scene in it. That will be in the next chapter instead.

Chapter 7

"How exactly are we supposed to get on the Decepticons' slaggin' warship?" Ironhide asked Ratchet after Optimus had left.

"Well we could try using the GroundBridge I've been working on," Ratchet suggested.

"Will it work?"

"Possibly. I'll have to stay here to operate it though," Ratchet answered.

"Possibly?"

"I haven't tested it yet, but I'm fairly confident that it will work. All I have to do is locate the ship."

"You know we wouldn't be in this situation right now if we had went with my suggestion when we'd met Aly," Ironhide said as Ratchet tried to locate the Nemesis' coordinates.

"And Bumblebee would have been sorely disappointed had we done that. I'm sure he wouldn't have liked us taking away his best friend," Ratchet replied. "Besides she's helped him as much as he's helped her."

"Yeah helped him get into more trouble than he already managed to get into by himself."

Ironhide had originally suggested that they create an accident to give Aly amnesia after she had stumbled across Starscream and Bumblebee had had to save her. Naturally Ratchet had pointed out that there was no way to be certain they could give her amnesia and not kill her in the process. Optimus decided under the circumstances that they really had no choice, but to have her meet all of them. In the end Bumblebee was assigned to be Aly's guardian and they had become the best of friends.

Aly and Ironhide didn't exactly get along at first. He hadn't been thrilled about a human wandering around the base and he didn't hide that fact. That in turn had gotten on Aly's nerves and she would get snippy with him at times. And then Bumblebee had got the bright idea of telling her about the amnesia idea. What the young scout had been thinking when he decided to tell her that, Ironhide had no idea, but somehow that seemed to be the right thing to do because after the big blowup between the two they started to get along better. They would still make snippy comments and annoy each other, but it was just harmless jesting.

"I've found it," Ratchet said, setting the coordinates into the GroundBridge. "Now once you've found Aly, comm me so I can re-open the bridge. And Ironhide, at least try to be subtle."

"This is ridiculous! I, Starscream, am his air commander and second-in-command, and he's forcing me to guard a measly human!"

Aly wasn't sure how long she had been in the brig of the Nemesis. It probably hadn't been too long, but Starscream's consistent complaining about having to guard her made it seem like it had been hours. And as if complaining wasn't enough, the Decepticon was also insulting her, but Aly didn't think he was allowed to cause her physical harm or she would probably be dead right now. At the moment her annoyance at Starscream was starting to overshadow her fear of him. She wasn't exactly sure if that was a bad thing or not.

"It's not as if the insignificant bug could even escape..."

"If you hate being here why don't you just leave," Aly grumbled.

"Silence girl!"

"I have a name you know."

"Does it look like I care?"

"Well, gee, and here I bothered to remember your name Starscream," Aly sarcastically remarked.

"Didn't I tell you to be quiet!"

"Does it look like I care?" Aly retorted.

Starscream growled and took a threatening step towards the cell – causing Aly to flinch. He paused and let out a dark chuckle.

"And yet it appears you do girl."

"You know technically this is all your fault. Me being here that is," Aly said, forcing herself to resume her brave facade. "If you hadn't tried to kill me when I first stumbled across you, 'Bee never would have had to save me, an then I wouldn't have been in that alley earlier. And you wouldn't be here guarding me right now. So, yeah, this is all your fault!"

Aly noticed a figure in the shadows a few feet away from Starscream then. She had to keep a smile off of her face as she recognized who it was.

"But I'm not going to blame you Starscream. I'm probably the only one who's not," Aly continued standing up, trying to keep the Decepticon's attention on her. "In fact I'm going to thank you. If it wasn't for you and your stupidity I would have missed out on some great friends. Oh and Starscream, you might not want to move."

"And why is that?" Starscream questioned nanokliks before feeling the heat from a cannon against his back.

"That's why," Aly smirked.

14. Challenger

News Credits:
    Chapter 8

Anger pulsated throughout Starscream. Oh how he wanted to simply crush that miserable human girl into oblivion right then and there. But unfortunately he knew that now was not the time to go around and disobey Megatron's orders. And the heat emitting from the cannon against his back served as another reminder of how going anywhere near the girl right now was a bad idea. How the Autobots' weapons specialist had even managed to sneak up behind him, or how he managed to find and get on the Nemesis for that matter, Starscream had no idea. All he knew was that he had let his guard down and he was paying for that mistake.

"One wrong move and I'll shoot Starscream," Ironhide threatened.

Any smart Decepticon would know that now was not the time to panic. That the smart move to make would be to simply play along and wait for the Autobot to make some mistake that would lead to the perfect time to strike. Starscream considered himself to be quite intelligent, after all he had once been a scientist. Unfortunately for him, he had ended up on the wrong side of a cannon one too many times for his taste and so he made the worst mistake possible. He panicked. True to his word, the second Starscream moved away, Ironhide fired and hit the Seeker's left wing. Starscream hissed in pain from the damage to his left wing. Letting his anger cloud his judgment, Starscream charged at Ironhide trying to cause as much damage to the Autobot as possible. Luckily for Ironhide he was able to block most of Starscream's blows and the few that did hit him caused little damage. Seeing a clear opening, Ironhide grabbed ahold of Starscream's damaged wing and with a strong yank, ripped it off. This action stunned Starscream, leaving him standing there in pain. Ironhide took this opportunity to go and deactivate Aly's cell.

"Go and get as far away from the fight as possible," Ironhide instructed her.

She nodded and sprinted several feet away before stopping and turning back around to watch. She didn't really know where to run to and Aly decided that it would be best to actually be able to see what was happening in case Ironhide needed her help.

By that time Starscream had fully comprehended what had just happened and was now enraged. He fired a shot at Ironhide, hitting him in the shoulder before charging at him. Ironhide blocked Starscream and it did not take him long to overpower the damaged Seeker, toss him in the now small empty cell, and reactivated the energy bars. Seeing that the fight was now basically over, Aly rushed back over to Ironhide.

"Are you ok?" she asked him eying his damaged shoulder.

"I'm fine, now come on and lets go," he said picking her up before contacting Ratchet to open up the GroundBridge.

"What you can't leave me in here!" Starscream shouted. "I demand you come back here and release me at once!"

"Au revoir Starscream," Aly called over her shoulder.

Once they were out of Starscream's range of hearing, Ironhide looked at Aly.

"Calling a Decepticon stupid isn't one of your smartest decisions," he pointed out. "Especially when the Decepticon is Starscream."

"Uh hello, I knew you were there! If I hadn't known, I totally would have kept my mouth shut," Aly replied. "Besides I was keeping him distracted so you could sneak up on him. That has to be worth something."

"I could have done that without your assistance," Ironhide said.

"Yeah. Uh-huh. Sure you could have," she replied before remembering something. "Wait, what about Bumblebee? Where's he at?"

"Optimus is going to get him," Ironhide answered.

Once they reached the location of the GroundBridge and Aly saw the glowing green portal, her eyes widened.

"Whoa! What is that?"

"That's Ratchet's GroundBridge and it's our way home."

"Um is that safe?" Aly hesitantly asked.

"It worked fine when I used it earlier."

"Yeah, but in case you haven't noticed I'm human. So in other words, is that safe for me to go through?"

"Probably."

"Probably!" Aly squeaked.

"Well there's only one way to find out," Ironhide said as they walked through it, Aly's eyes tightly shut.

Once they were back at the base Ironhide placed Aly back on the ground.

"Now see was that so bad?" he asked her.

"Ugh I feel like I just got off a roller coaster," she said, feeling slightly queasy. "A roller coaster with a lot of loops."

Ironhide shook his head and turned towards Ratchet.
    "Any word from Optimus?"

"He's almost at the meeting point. I told him that we are using the GroundBridge, so he will contact us again once he has Bumblebee," Ratchet replied. "For the meantime I'm going to have to repair your shoulder."

"I'll try to help you Ratchet. It's the least I could do since he got injured helping me," Aly said.

"True, true, but don't let her use any instruments," Ironhide stated.

"Hey I'll have you know I helped my dad weld before!"

"Yeah but you're not coming anywhere near me with one."

"Boy you're grumpy when you're injured."

"He's grumpy all the time," Ratchet commented.

15. Challenger

News Credits:
    Chapter 9​

Bumblebee glanced around the woods, trying to avoid looking at Megatron. The fact that his arm had nearly been ripped off earlier from glaring at the Decepticon leader made him wary to even look in his direction. Bumblebee was once again lying on the ground. As soon as they had arrived at this location Megatron had simply tossed him aside. Several snide remarks had entered his mind at that, but memories of Tyger Pax were still too fresh and he was terrified at the thought of having a rehash of it, so he remained silent.

Optimus where are you?

The sound of an approaching vehicle was his answer.

"Finally," he heard Megatron mutter.

Bumblebee raised his head as Optimus transformed and entered the clearing in the woods.

"I am here Megatron, now release Bumblebee," Optimus said.

"Not yet Optimus," Megatron replied.

: Bumblebee are you alright? :

The sound of Optimus' voice across the com startled Bumblebee. He hadn't realized that his communications were working again. Of course knowing the Decepticons only his short range communications were probably working. A quick check confirmed his suspicions.

: I'm fine Optimus. : he replied. A small shot of pain up his arm reminded him that it was damaged. : Well at least for the most part. :

: Where are you damaged? :

Bumblebee sighed, Optimus knew him too well. It was then that he noticed that Optimus was still talking to Megatron as well. He didn't know how Optimus was able to hold two conversations at the same time without Megatron noticing. Bumblebee doubted he could ever be able to do that. From the looks and sounds of things from the conversation between the two faction leaders, a fight was about to break out.

: Just my arm. I'll be fine. : he answered.

Suddenly Megatron's fusion cannon fired and had he not been restrained, Bumblebee would have jumped. Alarmed he frantically looked around to see what had happened. Optimus fighting Megatron, and Bumblebee was relieved to see that Megatron's shot had appeared to have missed Optimus. Now he just had to try to figure out how to get loose so he could help his leader and so he wouldn't be, as the humans say, a sitting duck.

As the fight raged on Megatron found himself losing. He had anticipated that this might end up happening and had come up with a Plan B of sorts. Optimus' pathetic little scout was still on the ground struggling to get loose. Megatron powered up his fusion cannon and aimed it at the scout.

"No!"

Optimus saw what Megatron was about to do and grabbed his arm right as he fired, trying to prevent him from hitting Bumblebee. A pained yelp from Bumblebee told him he failed in that aspect, and a quick look told him that the shot had hit his scout's leg. Optimus moved a little so that he was blocking Megatron from aiming at Bumblebee anymore. A shot to the leg wasn't too bad, but Optimus wanted to make sure that Megatron couldn't shoot him again.

: Bumblebee? How badly were you hit? :

: Bad enough that I'm leaking energon there. It really hurts. : Bumblebee admitted.

This was not Bumblebee's day. So far he had been captured, almost had his arm torn off, and now he had been shot in the leg. He was starting to wonder how much more he was going to be damaged or if he was even going to survive before the day was over. He turned his head so he could see the ongoing fight. If he was going to get shot at again, at least he would see it coming instead of it catching him by surprise. He tried to ignore the burning pain coming from his leg as he watched. He hoped that Optimus would win the fight soon so they could go back to base. He didn't even consider that Optimus might somehow lose the battle. All he wanted was for Ratchet to repair him, to find out if Aly was ok, and to forget about this whole mess. He debated on whether he should ask Optimus about Aly now or just let his leader focus on fighting Megatron. His wanting to know what had happened to his best friend was the deciding factor. Aly had to be ok, she just had to.

: Optimus, where is Aly? :

: Ironhide went to get her. She's fine, Bumblebee. :

Both Optimus and Megatron were fighting to end the battle. Optimus fighting to protect and Megatron to destroy. Optimus struck Megatron with his blade and landed in a few more good hits. It didn't take Megatron long to realize that this was not going as he had planned and had been a complete waste of his time. Megatron got in one final blow to knock Optimus back before transforming.

"This isn't over Prime!" Megatron promised as he retreated.

Optimus watched as Megatron flew away before turning his attention to Bumblebee. He walked over and removed the restraints on the scout. A small puddle of energon was forming from Bumblebee's injured leg.

"Do you think you can walk?" Optimus asked, as he contacted Ratchet for the GroundBridge.

"Yeah, sure," Bumblebee said as he tried to get up. Though his leg did hurt when he stood up, he decided that he would be able to walk the short distance back to the base.

The GroundBridge appeared in front of them and Optimus looked down at Bumblebee.

"Come on, let's go home," he said.

16. Challenger

News Credits:
    Chapter 10​

All eyes and optics were on the GroundBridge as Optimus and Bumblebee walked through it and entered the base. Relief flooded through Aly upon seeing that both of them were alive. That relief quickly changed to concern though when she noticed that Bumblebee was sort of limping and a bright blue liquid was running down the lower part of his right leg and was dripping on the floor. Aly recalled earlier when Ratchet was repairing Ironhide's shoulder he told her that she couldn't help because upon closer inspection he was leaking a small bit of the blue substance that 'Bee was leaking now. Ratchet had told her that it was energon and from what she had gathered from his explanation it was sort of like blood for a human. Blood flowed through human veins and energon flowed through theirs, or whatever the Cybertronian equivalent to veins was. They needed it to survive and if they lost too much they could die. It was also apparently dangerous to humans, which was why Ratchet was giving her a warning look at the moment. Normally Aly would have said something to Ratchet at that, but today she didn't want to.

"Come on Bumblebee, let's get you to the med-bay," Ratchet said leading the young Autobot out of the main room. Bumblebee turned his head and smiled at Aly, trying to assure her that he was going to be ok. He had had worse injuries before, though Aly didn't really know about that.

"What happened?" Ratchet asked as his patient sat down on the medical berth.

"I got shot by Megatron," Bumblebee simply answered.

Ratchet shook his head as he started to examine the lower part of Bumblebee's right leg where he had been hit. The shot had penetrated his armor and severed a few energon lines. Fortunately none of Bumblebee's critical circuitry had been damaged. As long as Ratchet sealed the torn energon lines and patched his leg up and as long as Bumblebee took it easy for a few solar cycles he would be perfectly fine. It didn't look like the scout had lost too much energon yet, which was one less thing to worry about.

"Ok Bumblebee I'm going to put you in stasis while I repair your leg," Ratchet explained. Putting Bumblebee in stasis would prevent him from feeling any pain from his injury while it was being repaired. Plus it would prevent the rather impatient at times scout from fidgeting, which would allow Ratchet to finish his work much faster.

"Do you have to Ratch?" Bumblebee asked. He didn't particularly enjoy being put in stasis.

The stern glare from the medic gave Bumblebee his answer.

"Ok, fine," he sighed. There was really no arguing with Ratchet when it came to medical things.

A few cycles later Bumblebee was in stasis and Ratchet was at work. He had already redirected the flow of Bumblebee's energon away from his leg to prevent the scout from losing any more and was now working on soldering his severed energon lines shut. He hadn't been working too long, but he had already been interrupted from his work several times. Aly had snuck into the room right after he had put Bumblebee in stasis. It had taken him a moment to notice that she was there, her small size compared to them made it easy for her to go undetected by them for a little while at times. Ratchet could see her concern for Bumblebee on her face and had told her that Bumblebee would be fine and that she needed to leave the med-bay so he could work. Aly had said ok and had left the room without a fuss. That had seemed a little out of character for her; he had expected her to be stubborn as usual and refuse to leave, but perhaps Ratchet didn't know Alyson as well as he thought he did. He wasn't exactly the closest to their human ally. Of course Aly hadn't been the only one who had interrupted him. Both Optimus and Ironhide had come in to see if Bumblebee was alright. Ratchet had repeated to them what he had told Aly and they had left, Optimus a bit more reluctant. None of this surprised Ratchet though. Bumblebee was one of, if not the youngest of their kind and they all tended to be a bit protective of him at times, Optimus especially. If Ratchet didn't know either of them as well as he did, he would have thought the two of them were father and son. And perhaps in a way they were.

Aly on the other hand hadn't seen any of them injured before today and considering the fact that the one currently injured was her guardian and best friend, she probably wasn't sure how to react. Aly was young and probably naïve about some things, but Ratchet supposed that was what made her a good companion for Bumblebee. She was the closest to his age at the moment and she gave him someone to play those ridiculous, in Ratchet's opinion, videogames that he loved so much with. The two of them were like siblings in a way. Ratchet shook his head and returned his focus to his work.

Twelve cycles later Ratchet emerged from the med-bay.

"He's fine and is in recharge now. All he needs to do is take it easy for a few solar cycles," Ratchet explained before turning his focus to Aly. "You can go in there now if you want to. Just don't touch anything."

"I won't," Aly replied as she headed out of the room.

"So what happened with Megatron?" Ironhide asked.
    "He got away and I have no doubt that he will plan something again soon," Optimus answered remembering that Megatron had said that it wasn't over.

"Why was he after Bumblebee and Aly anyway?" Ratchet asked.

"Easy targets," Ironhide said. "The 'Cons know that Bumblebee is least experienced of the four of us and Aly wouldn't be much of a threat to them. If they were even after her in the first place, she could have just been in the wrong place at the wrong time."

"They wouldn't have been able to know for sure that she was with Bumblebee," Ratchet agreed.

"While that is true there is a chance that they knew that she is normally with Bumblebee," Optimus stated. "After all he is the first one of us that she met and they most likely know that."

Aly stood in the doorway of the med-bay listening in on the conversation, a frown forming on her face. Being in the wrong place at the wrong time was starting to sound like the story of her life. She had been in the wrong place at the wrong time when she had first met 'Bee and then again today. But she really couldn't say that about the former. Like she had pretty much said before when she was attempting to distract Starscream, if she hadn't of been there she would have missed out on some great friends. Still she couldn't help but wonder if she was a bit of a burden to the Autobots. It seemed to Aly that she was more of a liability than an asset. There wasn't really much that she could to do help them out. Sure she had distracted Starscream for Ironhide, but she probably had also ticked off the Decepticon too. Aly walked further into the med-bay so Optimus, Ironhide, and Ratchet wouldn't notice that she had been listening in. Maybe she was just being silly, but she really hated the thought that she was a liability.

Feedback is always appriciated!

17. Jazzfan0217

Jazzfan0217 Just chillin'

can't wait to read more :)  i like this one.

18. SavageThunder

SavageThunder 11th Doctor's Huntress

i gotta have more of this stuff!

19. Challenger

News Credits:
    Jazzfan0217 - Thank you! :) 

SavageThunder - Glad you like it!
    Chapter 11​

Starscream was beginning to grow claustrophobic in the cell that the Autobots' infernal weapons specialist had left him in. He growled as he stared at the exit to the brig. He knew that someone onboard the Nemesis could see his current predicament – most likely Soundwave since the communications office always seemed to know everything that was happening aboard the ship – but he was being ignored. Now he was becoming irritated. Seekers were not meant to be in small, confining spaces for long periods of time. It was a weakness that had often been exploited for Starscream, usually by Megatron if the Decepticon leader wanted to give him a punishment besides beating him to slag. He almost wondered if this would count as his punishment for letting the Autobot escape with their human prisoner. After all he was missing a wing and had been stuck in this cell for what felt like several megacycles.

Doubtful, Starscream thought. Unless he's killed Optimus, he's going to be in a foul mood as usual. And I'll once again be his scapegoat. Somehow losing that insect will be the reason for his defeat or it will put our plans back. And since I'm already injured, he'll probably just try to kill me instead. Maybe I'll get lucky and Prime will have finally killed him.

Starscream shook his head – that was even more unlikely. His luck was nowhere near that good. He took another look at his wing that was lying on the floor outside of the cell. It had been a clean rip and, besides the small hole from where it had been shot at previously, it wasn't in too bad of shape. It looked like it would be a simple repair. Unfortunately the Decepticons' medic, if he could really be called that, was currently not onboard the Nemesis. So even if someone would come and open up the slagging cell, there would be no way for him to get it repaired right away.

I'll have no way to try to escape Megatron's wrath this time.

As if on cue the doors to the brig were blasted open by Megatron's fusion cannon. Telling Starscream everything he needed to know about how the fight with Optimus went. The tyrant marched over to the cell and deactivated it. As he took a threatening step towards him, Starscream changed his mind about wanting out of the cell. Claustrophobia or not, he wanted to live and it was looking like his chances of survival might be better if he were stuck in the cell.

"I take it that all did not go according to plan," Starscream stated as Megatron forcibly yanked him up.

"You lost the girl!"

"Oh that… well you see," Starscream started to explain.

Megatron wasn't about to hear anything that Starscream said and immediately backhanded him, causing Starscream to hit the wall and fall back to the ground.

"Spare me your pathetic excuses Starscream."

Megatron aimed his fusion cannon at Starscream, who was still on the ground. Starscream saw this and started to panic.

"I was taken by surprise!" Starscream defended. "No one notified me that an Autobot had got onboard! If I had known that I wouldn't have been defeated!"

"I have been shown what happened Starscream. You were too busy letting a human bait you to notice that you were being snuck up on! I expected better from my second in command. I grow tired of your insolence Starscream."

Megatron took another step towards Starscream, charging up his cannon that was still aimed at Starscream.

"No… Lord Megaton… don't!"

Aly opened up the window to her bedroom before she sat down on her bed to work on a paper for school. It was cooler outside, and normally she would just keep her window closed to keep her room warm, but today she needed some fresh air to clear her mind. It was only a few minutes later that she heard the familiar sound of Bumblebee transforming. She kept her focus on her work, not really wanting to meet his optics at the moment.

"Aly," Bumblebee said.

"You really shouldn't be transforming in my backyard. Someone might see you."

"Your parents aren't home and I'll transform back as soon as I detect someone on my scanners."

"When Ratchet told you to take it easy I don't think he meant that you should transform back and forth," Aly said, trying to keep Bumblebee from getting to the subject that she knew he wanted to talk to her about.

"Aly what's wrong?" Bumblebee asked. "You've been really quiet lately."

"Nothing's wrong. I guess I'm still just a bit freaked out from what happened," she answered. "I've known you guys for a couple of months now and you guys have some fight with the 'Cons every few weeks – sometimes more. You would have thought that I would have seen you hurt before now."

"Sheesh Aly that was hardly anything, the only reason I was leaking as much energon as I was, was because a few energon lines got severed. Ratchet was able to fix those with no problems. Trust me, I've been through worse."

"Yeah, but if I hadn't wanted us to leave the base for a little while you wouldn't have got hurt at all," Aly said finally meeting Bumblebee's optics.

Realization dawned upon Bumblebee. Aly was blaming herself for what had happened. Bumblebee did not want her to blame herself because it wasn't her fault at all. In fact even if she hadn't of been with him he still probably would have got captured by Megatron. He had been the one they had been targeting after all.

"Aly you know that wasn't your fault. They still probably would have captured me eventually since they were after me. And besides Ironhide told me what happened on the Nemesis, if everything hadn't happened you never would have got to distract Starscream. It's not every day that a human is able to show up a Decepticon," Bumblebee grinned. "But please never do that again."

"Don't worry I have no plans on ever repeating that experience," Aly assured. "As interesting as it was, it's not an experience I would like to have again. Besides I think I made Starscream really mad. Did Ironhide tell you what I said to him?"

"Yeah he did and I wish I could have seen the look on Starscream's face when you said it. I'm imaging that he wasn't expecting it," Bumblebee joked.

Aly smiled. Normally she imagined that Bumblebee wouldn't have joked about that, but right now he was trying to cheer her up and well it was working. She still felt like she didn't really do much to help the 'Bots out, but she wasn't going to let them know that. They wouldn't want her to feel like that and she knew it. Someday she would find a way to be more useful. Aly knew that she would probably never be able to really help them out with the Decepticons, but that was ok. There were other ways for her to help out instead; she just had to find them.

20. Jazzfan0217

Jazzfan0217 Just chillin'

this is really good.
    please continue. :popcorn