Minor/Repaint: Transformers/Aliens Crossover Headbite

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Massdestruction, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Massdestruction

Massdestruction Instrument of Destruction

UPDATED: New pictures with shoulder/arm armor and hip armor added (see post #16).

This is my Transformers/Aliens Crossover Headbite. The name is an homage to the Alien's favorite attack: the head bite with the pistoned teeth. Unfortunately, I was unable to incorporate the second mouth into this custom though.

Headbite is made using Prime: Beast Hunters - Skylynx. The Skylynx mold was perfect for use as a Xenomorph due to his thin tail, small dragon head, skeletal chest, and ability to look good on two-legs as well as four-legs.

I removed the wings. Then cut several pieces off of them and attached the pieces to his back as the back appendages. In this case the appendages are fins rather than the hose looking things on most Xenomorphs. I feel they work better with his mechanical nature.

Modifications to the limbs were minimal, some trimming to prevent paint wear, some trimming to allow the legs to straighten more. After removing the wings, there was way too much space between the shoulders and the body, so I sliced the posts and reattached them with some other spare parts I had which also had the Xenomorph style tubes.

For the end of his tail, I used half of the axe tail end from a Prime: Beast Hunters - Lazerback.

The most important modification of course was the alien head. It was molded using epoxy putty and was molded from 7 different parts. Firstly, I cut most of the dragon head off, leaving only the nose and cheeks. His upper jaw and teeth are molded from his lower jaw and teeth. The smooth forehead was molded and sculpted from the cockpit of a Star Wars/Transformers - Obi-Wan Kenobi Jedi Starfighter (Episode 2, legends class). The ridged back of the head is molded and sculpted from 5 pieces molded off of a Revenge of the Fallen - The Fallen. Pieces used for molding were, his forehead and his thigh horns.

Paints used were Testors. Colors used were gloss black (I usually don't use gloss black, but it worked well for the shine of Xenomorph skin), a custom gun metal gray and silver. I used a wash of the custom gray to give the skin luminosity.

Xenomorph action pose:

Headbite alien action pose 001.JPG Headbite alien action pose 002.JPG Headbite alien action pose 003.JPG Headbite alien action pose 004.JPG Headbite alien action pose 005.JPG Headbite alien action pose 006.JPG Headbite alien action pose 007.JPG

Xenomorph basic pose:

Headbite alien 001.JPG
    Headbite alien 002.JPG Headbite alien 003.JPG Headbite alien 004.JPG Headbite alien 005.JPG Headbite alien 006.JPG Headbite alien 007.JPG Headbite alien 008.JPG

Alien3 style four-legged mode (aka Dragon Xenomorph):

Headbite alien attack mode 002.JPG
    Headbite alien attack mode 001.JPG Headbite alien attack mode 003.JPG Headbite alien attack mode 004.JPG Headbite alien attack mode 005.JPG Headbite alien attack mode 006.JPG Headbite alien attack mode 007.JPG Headbite alien attack mode 008.JPG

Headbite robot mode:

Headbite robot 001.JPG
    Headbite robot 002.JPG Headbite robot 003.JPG Headbite robot 004.JPG Headbite robot 005.JPG Headbite robot 006.JPG Headbite robot 007.JPG Headbite robot 008.JPG

Headbite with Weaponizer Facehugger: (gallery for Facehugger creature mode can be found here)

Headbite with Facehugger 001.JPG
    Headbite with Facehugger 003.JPG
    Headbite with Facehugger 002.JPG Headbite with Facehugger 004.JPG Headbite with Facehugger 005.JPG Headbite with Facehugger 006.JPG

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
    • Like Like x 14
  2. Chefprime

Chefprime Radicon

This is awesome. Great work. Grew up on the alien movies.

3. Unicron9

Unicron9 Chaos Bringer 9

That's really cool! I just wish there was a little more difference in xeno and bot mode than his face and hands. Could the leg part that folded down to make the robot shins not be kept without hurting the alien aesthetic too much?

4. Massdestruction

It is unfortunate that this mold only had distinctive differences when on four legs.

That was one of the reasons I kept the double-jointed hind legs for the two-legged version of the xenomorph. So when he goes to robot mode the legs straighten into a more bipedal configuration.

5. Massdestruction

Ok, guess I might as well post the Facehugger pics here too so you don't have to go searching for them.

Facehugger 010.JPG
    Facehugger 001.JPG
    Facehugger 002.JPG Facehugger 005.JPG Facehugger 008.JPG Facehugger attack 001.JPG

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
  6. Stormvapor

Stormvapor Well-Known Member

Awesome as usual bro!

7. Unicron9

Unicron9 Chaos Bringer 9

Oooohhhh yeah, I was thinking this was the teal and red one with the thigh parts that turned into shins. I see.
    Still, really cool.

8. warhawk

warhawk Well-Known Member

Awesome custom, top notch! Really looks the part. That face hugger came out great.

9. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Peace through Tyranny!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    dude..FANTASTIC work.

now move on to the aliens APC and Dropship. use a star wars crossover and have them turn into hicks and gorman.

10. Neon Prime

Neon Prime Stand for something or fall for everything

Wow...great job! you took a kinda crappy mold and made it awesome.

11. PaperSheep

PaperSheep Well-Known Member

I have a Prime Skylynx and a Prime Skyshadow and I am so tempted to do this to one of them if I could.

12. Botch421

Botch421 Cries and screams are music to my ears

This is awesome

13. Massdestruction

Ah yes, you thought it was the Ripclaw mold. I know that mold well too. I used it for my Gaiking Great Space Dragon custom. It's also a cool mold but all wrong for a xenomorph. The dragon neck is too long and the tail is too thick. Plus, the robot mode is kinda short and stocky.

However, your comments have made me do some rethinking on this custom and ways to differentiate the robot and creature modes. I have some ideas that I think may work and will be trying them out this weekend on a spare Skystalker that I have... before doing anything permanent to this custom... just in case it doesn't work.

14. Massdestruction

I hadn't thought ahead to making any other Aliens crossover customs. And the thought of making transformers with space marine vehicle alt modes makes sense. Only issue would be scale. Since an Xenomorph is slightly taller than a human, and since my custom is a deluxe, the APC custom would have to be leader class and the Dropship would need to be supreme class to keep things in scale,

I had thoughts about making a Predator crossover to go with him, but decided against it. The Xenomorph worked because they are somewhat mechanical looking anyways. Predators would be a very humanoid creature transforming into a humanoid robot. Unless I could find some mold that could triple change into Predator/robot/vehicle.

Definitely not a good mold. Though out of all the deluxe dragon molds for Prime: Beast Hunters, I think it is the best. And it was just the mold needed to do this custom. No other one has the thin limbs, thin tail, medium length neck and skeletal chest needed.

I also had both Skylynx and Skystalker to choose from. I went with the Skylynx because of the dark blue parts and dark red parts. Since I was painting it black, the dark blue would work better in case there was paint wear (the light blue parts from Skystalker would show wear immediately). And if I hadn't wanted to paint the dark red parts, they would have looked OK unpainted (the white parts from Skystalker would have looked horrible).

15. shiftypenguin

shiftypenguin Fancy-Pantsless Dancer

News Credits:
    Absolutely amazing!!!! Seriously, wow!

16. Massdestruction

OK, the ideas I had worked. So here is my modded Xenomorph. I created armor which flips up over the shoulders in robot mode giving him more squared off robotic shoulders and flips down over the upper arms in creature mode allowing for the rounded creature shoulders. This allowed me to paint the upper arms with a custom purple. The armor covers the purple in creature mode so the black look goes undisturbed.

I also added some pieces from the wings onto the knee. They rotate over the turbines in creature mode and rotate down in robot mode. That allowed me to paint the turbines for some pop i robot mode.

I also added the egg-laying throat tube to the facehugger.

Headbite alien 002.JPG
    Headbite alien 001.JPG Headbite alien 003.JPG Headbite alien 004.JPG Headbite alien 005.JPG Headbite alien 006.JPG Headbite alien 007.JPG Headbite alien 008.JPG
    Headbite alien action pose 001.JPG
    Headbite alien action pose 002.JPG Headbite alien action pose 003.JPG Headbite alien action pose 004.JPG Headbite alien action pose 005.JPG Headbite alien action pose 006.JPG Headbite alien action pose 007.JPG Headbite alien action pose 008.JPG
    Headbite alien attack mode 001.JPG
    Headbite alien attack mode 002.JPG Headbite alien attack mode 003.JPG Headbite alien attack mode 004.JPG Headbite alien attack mode 005.JPG Headbite alien attack mode 006.JPG Headbite alien attack mode 007.JPG Headbite alien attack mode 008.JPG
    Headbite with Facehugger 001.JPG

17. Massdestruction

And robot mode. Headbite robot 001.JPG
    Headbite robot 002.JPG Headbite robot 003.JPG Headbite robot 004.JPG Headbite robot 005.JPG Headbite robot 006.JPG Headbite robot 007.JPG Headbite robot 008.JPG
    Headbite with Facehugger 003.JPG Headbite with Facehugger 002.JPG Headbite with Facehugger 006.JPG Headbite with Facehugger 004.JPG Headbite with Facehugger 005.JPG

18. Massdestruction

Facehugger underside.
    Facehugger attack 001.JPG Facehugger attack 002.JPG

19. Massdestruction

Wow. OK, so it's been a week since I updated this custom to look more different between robot and alien modes and gave the face hugger a throat tube... and nothing. Nobody has made any comment. Do people like the changes? I admit the changes to the knees/thigh aren't my favorite, but they do work to block the turbines in alien mode, and reveal them in robot mode.

I do feel that the changes took away slightly from the look of the alien, but they made for some definite differences in robot mode. Not that those differences matter much with me displaying it in alien mode the whole time.

20. grimlockprime

grimlockprime Well-Known Member

lol.welcome to the world of customizing.people can be a fickle bunch on here,yknow unless it is the billionth movie accurate (insert movieverse character here).i have seen original ideas get buried after a day(and yes i speak from experience).i like what you did with the thigh and shoulder pieces it def gives a more distinctive silhoutte to the bot mode.the facehugger is just uber creepy with the ovipositor.lol.a truly fantastic job.dont let the lack of comments bother u.enjoy your fans who come back for more