Transformers Alchemist!

Discussion in 'Requests' started by SaberPrime, Oct 21, 2010.

1. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

The blood seal as seen on the watch in my avatar is actually a way of bonding a human soul to things, normally a suit of armor, in Full Metal Alchemist. I think in my blended continuity the way this insignia would apply is to bond a human soul to a Transformer body.

The Oroborus Tattoo is a worn by the Homunculus. A Homunculi is an artificial human with inhuman powers. Most of them can not age or reproduce except for one who does age and has a son however his son is actually said to be adopted so he still can reproduce. I think the Oroborus Insignia could be worn by Decepticons who align themselves with the Homunculus.

Due to the setting of Full Metal Alchemist Autobots and Decepticons would have to transform into vehicles and other mechanical objects that existed during World War 2 or remain in their Cybertronian alt modes.

So I have a challenge for anyone who is a Full Metal Alchemist fan. This is just for fun but I'd like to see some different variants. I'd like to see this... [​IMG] redesigned into a Transformer. That is Alphonse Elric, one of the two main characters of Full Metal Alchemist. He's one of 4 characters to appear as a soul trapped in a suit of armor but the other 3 are minor characters. His blood seal is hidden inside the armor. You can some times see it when he looses his head... helmet... Anyway... Turn that suit of armor into a robot mode for a Transformer, bonus points if you can show an illustration of the vehicle mode. Just remember to keep him recognizable and keep to either Cybertronian or WW2 era alt modes.

2. The Librarian

The Librarian Well-Known Member

Surely you mean World War 1 era? Isn't FMA set around/before 1920?

Nice idea though...might give it a try.

3. Destron23

Destron23 Vehicon

Sounds interesting... I loved FMA and I'm currently watching Brotherhood.

4. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    You're requesting others make FMA into TFs, so this needs to be in the Requests forum.

5. SaberPrime

There's a request forum? I just posted here because I had images attached to it. :p 

6. SaberPrime

Nope, it was World War 2. They never actually specified what the year was but based on the events in the movie it had to be at the start of WW2 because this was the first time anyone had ever heard of the Nazis.

The series actually took place in an alternate universe while the movie showed that when they passed threw the gate of truth they evened up in our universe. Maes Hughes who was a good guy in the Alchemist's world was a Nazi in ours. King Bradly/Pride (Wrath in Brotherhood) was a good guy in our universe. Ed chased after him thinking he was the same King Bradly from his own universe and forced him to remove his eye patch to see if it was him or not. Bradly has the Oroborus Tattoo on his eye in place of where his iris and pupil should be which gives him the ability of ultimate sight, being able to react to things almost before they happen. He's also the one Homonculi who ages like a normal human.

Brotherhood has some changes from the older series, I'm not sure at this time if the time setting is the same but I would think it was, just some of the story has changed and 3 of the Homonculus either have different names or are different characters entirely. King Bradly for one as mentioned above can be Pride or Wrath depending on the series. The Wrath of the first series was a child who was the only Homonculi who could do Alchemy due to his limbs being stolen from Ed Elric. The Pride of Brotherhood is the son of Wrath who's character in the original wasn't even a homonculi before. And Sloth who in the old series was the mother of the Elric Brothers created when they tried to bring her back to life but she wasn't human anymore. The Sloth in Brotherhood, I only caught a glimps of him so far but he doesn't even look human.

I kind of like the Homonculus of the original series better because their origin made a bit more sense to me. They were basically made to resemble to the person some Alchemist was trying to resurrect from the dead but they could never figure out how to bring back the person's soul from the dead. Kinda like zombies with super powers. They can only be killed in the presence of whatever remains of the person they were created from.

The Homonculus of Brotherhood I haven't yet got a grasp on how they're created but it seems to be entirely different sense a few of them have already been killed. Differences aside I'm still waiting for more English dubs of Brotherhood, I havn't seen any new episodes in a while. :p 

7. The Librarian

The Librarian Well-Known Member

Well...yeah. (I'm something of an FMA fan myself, so I'm quite familiar with all the ins and outs of the timeline). But by that arguement, it'd still have to be pre-WW2 stuff, since the events of the movie take place in 1923........though as you've pointed out, all this is entirely moot, since it's an alternate universe and the timing is skewed anyway...1923 in our world seems to equate to about 1919 in theirs, if I remember right...

Of course, this is all academic in the original manga/Brotherhood because the technology there is clearly more advanced, what with the tanks that the Northern Army totes being very distinctly WW2 era...........

I think this is the point that I give up on any kind of logical argument and say that, actually, the tanks they showed in the first anime would be a rather splendid fit for Alphonse, what with their being barrel shaped and all.

(And for what it's worth, I agree entirely on the first anime having a better origin for the hommunculi. Much more...emotionally striking. Makes them better villians in my opinion.)

8. Shadowbreaker

Shadowbreaker \/ /\

News Credits:
    I think Buster and Hydra would fit the description of human bonded to a transformer body.... But I just relealized that that had nothing to do with this.

But man..... combining FMA/B and Transformers sounds awesome. :D 

But since this is in the request forum I might take a shot... or two... or three... or ten until I feel cofortable with it.

9. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Working on a Fullmetal Optimus as we speak. It's inspired by the Brotherhood, not the first series.

10. SaberPrime

Well an internet search says World War 2 started in 1939 so that has to be when the movie is set as the War is just starting as the movie take place. Again, note the use of Nazis in the movie. Nazis were part of World War 2 not the first world war.

And yes, I think my favorite Hommunculus were Lust and Sloth from the original series. I already talked about Sloth being their mother. Lust was the fiance' of Scar's brother.

Scar's brother was a bit a different character in brotherhood as he was using Alchemy to help fight in the war against the state Alchemists while in the original he tried to resurrect his dead fiance' creating Lust in her likeness.

Scar himself had a lock of hair from the woman Lust was created from and ended up killing her at her own request rather than the Lust of Brotherhood who was killed by Mustang and I still don't understand how he was able to kill her. I haven't caught a grasp of what their weakness is in Brotherhood.

Brotherhood currently only has 26 episodes in English and episode 27 is mainly just a flash back episode so I have no idea why it's taking them so long long to dub it. Come to think of it, I've been waiting over 2 months just for a flash back episode? Come on people, over half the recordings are already done.

If you're wandering how I know the next episode is only a flash back episode it's because this web site has both the English and Japanese dubs of the series. Watch Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 27 Online | English Dubbed-Subbed Episodes I started watching there before I found out it was playing on Cartoon Network.

11. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

They don't have one. They can just be killed by applying enough force. They regenerate by using up the false philosopher's stone bits inside of them. Hurt them enough, they use up all the stone they have and die.

SPOILER:
    Roy just burns Envy over and over (well past the point a human would have been charcoal) until the injured slug he really is comes out, his stone evaporates, and he dies.

I agree that the different origin in Brotherhood makes them far less compelling as villains.

- Coeloptera