Transformers Age?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Tigertrack, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

How old do you think some of the characters are? Speaking G1 of coarse, I see Prime and Megatron as being in their 60's. Ironhide and Ratchet, maybe 40's or 50's? Bumblebee, Cliffjumper, and various other Minibots would be in their upper teens?

2. Dex17113

Dex17113 Well-Known Member

Well based on the information in the G1 series, I think (so far as length of time since creation) they are all millions of years old. However if you are talking from a personality standpoint, I'd put Prime and Megs in late 40's to mid-50's with Ironhide and Ultra Magnus in that range. Kup somewhere in his late 60's....also Alpha Trion. Generally speaking, I think you could look at rank to help determine age. Lower the rank, the younger the age in theory.

3. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    I take it you mean in human years?

In that case, I'd say Prime and Megatron would be more around early/mid-50s. Ironhide, late 60s. Ratchet, late 50s.

Bumblebee was the G1 token "teen" and probably the "youngest" as far as all the Autobots are concerned (although Wheelie was also skewed for similar kid appeal), but in the G1 comics he gradually matured and later put that playful, youthful-sounding "Bumblebee" name behind him when he changed to Goldbug.

4. Tigertrack

Yes, human-years, and personality wise. Obviously being machines that they are, they are millions of years old. But, their personality seems "aged".

5. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Well there was the episode of Animated 'Human Error' where the Autobots actually became human (sorta). Bumblebee became a pre-teen, Bulkhead was around college age, Prime was mid to late 30s, Prowl in his early 40s and Ratchet in his 50s. Well, those are my estimates based on their appearances anyway.

As for G1, I think people have covered the main characters fairly well so far. I suppose Hot Rod would be around late teens, Hound late 20s, Prowl mid 30s, Starscream mid 20s... You could spend all day listing bots and their ages, but really I think it's best left up to the viewer.

6. Tigertrack

I wonder how old Jetfire is.

7. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Movie Jetfire, erm, 80s? G1, 40s...

...Animated, 16? :D 

8. Tigertrack

As I said, G1...................

9. KWFlange

KWFlange You're So Jelly

There was a g1 episode where some of the season 3 cast became human. Ultra magnus looked th be in his 40s rodimus springer and arcee in their late 20s to early 30s

10. Grand Sword

Grand Sword Well-Known Member

Starscream is sooo Gen Y hahaha

11. Vexxet

Vexxet Autocon

i think transformers age wise seems to be a underlying notion about society and everlasting life/fountain of youth( what have you). i dont know if you can accurately "age" them because we dont know how a 120 year old human being would be without normal body decay (damage to brain/thought process and pain centers flaring). Could you imagine how amazing one would be if they were 200 years old, didnt age after 20 and could still think and interact as if they were a young person?

If a human could transend into singularity (stolen from Big Bang Theory) then I dont see how you can label a person(robot in this case) to a certain age, which is what i believe we are talking about when we talk about sentient robots who never grow old. Ageless seems to be about right where the person continues to gain more and more knowledge without the troubles of limited lifeforce.

12. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    With his gray sideburns I would have put Prime 40ish.

As others have mentioned as far as robotic age..they have each seen millions of earth years pass by, even the "youngest" bots.

13. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    hot rod was around 21 imo then the matrix made him age about 20 years in 1 min. unicron was at least 100 years old but was in shape like a 20 year old. blaster and jazz are in their mid 20's or 30's.

14. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Wouldn't Ironhide be older, since his whole concept is to be the "old codger"?

Depends on what version of G1 Jetfire. In the Tech Specs and Marvel comics, he was one of the youngest, if only in the sense that he was the first of the new generation of Transformers "born" on Earth. This also reflected his high level of technological development, and his tendency to have glitches in his system. I guess that's one way that a sentient robot might be considered "young".

Best answer, but not the most fun. :) 

Megatron: Ian McShane at 60
    Prime: Sam Eliot at 50.
    Ironhide: 70, but holding up well
    Prowl, Jazz, Wheeljack, Rachet, Gears, Grimlock : 40
    Hound, Brawn, Trailbreaker: 35
    Jetfire, Starscream : 30 (but he doesn't look it)
    Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, Cliffjumper, Seekers: 25
    Bumblebee, Rumble: 18
    Soundwave: nobody can really tell... he's creepy that way...

zmog

15. galvatron1976

galvatron1976 Well-Known Member

What about Scourge and Cyclonus ages?
    What about Laserbeak,Buzzsaw,Ravage,Slugfest,Overkill ,Ramhorn, Stelljaw ages?

16. Grand Sword

Grand Sword Well-Known Member

I also agree that Megatron would be slightly older than Prime. Prime is still not old enough to hate everything yet.

Going on the G1 cartoons, Grimlock was born on Earth so I'd say he's more like a 5 year old. He acts like one also.

Prowl and Jazz would be 30, cool and hip but old enough to not be nerds and could lead men. Bumblebee I'd go with 16 as he hangs out with Spike all the time.

How about Omega Supreme that dude has to be older than everyone. He even talks like my Grandad.

17. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

U mean Ironhide is older than Megatron and Prime? How about Bluestreak, Huffer, Mirage?

18. Tigertrack

Soundwave acts like he's in his late 40's for some reason. Rumble and Frenzy probably mid 20's?

19. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

:lol  Yeah, CARTOON Grimlock, for sure. I was thinking more of original Tech Specs and Comics Grimlock versions. He seems like an experienced veteran and a genuine contender for leadership, but still young enough to have a chip on his shoulder and a bad attitude.

Because Prowl and Jazz are Prime's right hand guys, and 2 of the highest ranked Autobots, I feel like they would be a bit more mature than that. They've seen stuff, they can handle pretty much anything, they're respected as leaders by the other Autobots, but they're not really OLD yet.

Yeah, I think 16 is a pretty good match for Bumblebee, but he's still got a decent rank and a high level of competency, so I don't see him as a total kid.

Omega Supreme doesn't have a "human" age. I kind of think of him more like a tree or a large rock formation or something. :) 

Bluestreak is young, still hyperactive and emotionally vulnerable. I give him around 20.

Huffer is an accomplished engineer, a working man, and a grump. I'd give him 35-40.

Mirage? 25-30? Old enough to know some tricks and to be mysterious... but still a bit of a self-absorbed arrogant playboy.

I see Rumble and Frenzy as much younger... teenagers basically. Based on their Tech SPecs, and portrayal on the cartoon, I'm pretty sure they're the equivalent of juvenile delinquents.

zmog

20. Tigertrack

So all of us 35-40 year olds are grumpy old men? LOL!