Transformers Adventure connection?

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by Primus00, Sep 18, 2016.

1. Primus00

Primus00 Creator

Is Transformers Adventure (japanese verision of current series) connnected w/ Transformers Prime? It was said that its a completely different series.

2. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus Taste

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
  3. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Nope.

They didn't bother to re-use the same seiyuu's in the Japanese dub.

In fact some seiyuus that were in Prime, are in this but as other characters.

4. Kirby0189

Kirby0189 Soundpost

Seeing how they skipped season 3 of Prime in favor of TF Go (worst TF series ever in my books, so not worth it), treating Adventure as separate was probably necessary. Though the connection between Prime and Go is already pretty confusing, but maybe they learned their mistake this time around.

5. Primus00

Primus00 Creator

This is an important note. I just saw the Japanese dub episode w/ Soundwave from the Shadowzone. And Bumblebee speaks of the events that happened in Beast Hunters. Thats a problem b/c Beast Hunters didn't happen in Japan in favor of Transformers Go.

6. Gayformers

Gayformers writes bad fanfiction

News Credits:
    It's not really a killing point for anyone watching RiD, though. It's not the first time Bee mentions something that happens off-screen and, from seeing people's reaction to the episode, I'm sure the fact that Soundwave was trapped on the Shadowzone during Beast Wars doesn't really interfere or matter when someone who isn't familiar with Beast Hunters watches RiD.

My mom, for example, never even heard of TFP until after RiD season 2, when I showed it to her. She had no problem whatsoever understanding Portals, and she's not the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to Transformers. I doubt most kids watching RiD have even watched TFP to begin with.

7. Kirby0189

Kirby0189 Soundpost

I think the problem is more how Soundwave looks exactly like his Prime counterpart, just with cel-shading. Any Japanese kid who watched Prime would probably wonder why that Soundwave was in Adventure.

8. Gayformers

Gayformers writes bad fanfiction

News Credits:
    Oooh, I see. Yeah, that'd definitely be a problem.

9. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Beast Hunters Japanese dub when? :lol 

I could actually dig it if they re-dubbed it with the Adventures cast (Taiten Kusonoki, Ryohei Kimura)

10. Primus00

Primus00 Creator

Is that possible? I mean how would it be advertised. All Beast Hunter figures were released in Japan already and not to mention Transformers GO happened instead.

11. Primus00

Primus00 Creator

One must wonder what will happen if season 2.5 airs in Japan.

12. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Indie Musician, Scumbag Jesus

Well Prime also ended on a cliffhanger at 52 episodes for Japanese audiences. The last episode of Prime in Japan was "Darkest Hour" edited to end with the shot of Optimus Prime standing sentinel atop Outpost Omega 1 against the impending Decepticon onslaught.

GO! was also a pack in DVD series, like Robotmasters. It never aired on TV, and I'm sure its audience reach wasn't as wide as Prime or Adventure. It also wasn't even recieved well by those who did watch it, so it can most likely be officially ignored without much outrage.

Taking all this into account, as well as the writing of Robots in Disguise/Adventure being more in the style of a "spin-off" rather than a direct sequel and the regular info-dumping by characters like Bumblebee and Fixit included to fill-in-the-blanks for audiences who have never seen Prime to begin with, I don't think that Japanese audiences will have a very hard time swallowing the connection.

TakTom has pretty much acknowledged the Adventure toyline as a Prime Arms Micron sequel anyhow by releasing characters like Dreadwing and Knock Out under the Adventure banner.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
  13. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Japan botched the translation of another TF cartoon. What a shock.