Transformers Act 1 PVCs HELPPPP!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by skyrinkfusion, Apr 7, 2006.

1. skyrinkfusion

skyrinkfusion Well-Known Member

Hi, I've recently purchased a set of Act 1 PVCs with their chases. I am however skeptical as to whether the chases are real since there have been many bootlegs released that look just like them.

First off, I'm pretty confident that the regular figures are authentic, since no re-releases were made of the clear figures. As for the colour ones, they have "Takara '00, China" stamped on them and they were not coloured or painted on, their plastics are really that colour...you can find out from the joints which connect to one another.

As for the chases, they are both suppose to be matallic.
    The Megatron w/mace is indeed metallic, has Takara'00, China stamped on it and the plastic mold itself is metallic and not painted on.
    The Optimus Prime w/energon axe however I am unconfident of. It does not look metallic, it looks like it has been painted. I think it is from the 'Heroes of Cybertron' toy line because it has see through eyes. Is that a dead give-away that its fake? It also has the Takara'00, China stamped on the leg. And the windows on his chest do not match the metallic darker blue windows from the pictures, it has the same baby blue colour windows.

I have gained much info from this site: http://mykooltoyz.tripod.com/tfg1pvc.html

But I would definitely appreciate more info regharding the matter...especially from those that own the same set. Thanks.

2. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I have the KO of the prime w/ axe. You can tell if it is fake by a slight deformality on the grill.

3. skyrinkfusion

skyrinkfusion Well-Known Member

the good thing is that my supposedly prime chase does not a warped grill....but it has see through eyes, and it is not metallic, im afraid its just the basic heroes of cybertron figure

do u have the KO metallic megatron as well?

4. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Nope, sorry. Your prime IS HOC because it isnt metalic. I can't help on the megatron, though

5. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

You're correct. The light piping in the eyes is a dead giveaway that it is a HOC and not the original Takara version. That and the HOC ones were painted.