Transformers #5 Preview

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by cgibsonREX, Mar 29, 2010.

1. cgibsonREX

cgibsonREX Knight of Cybertron

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Not much to look at -_-

Transformers #5 Preview

Transformers #5

Written by Mike Costa with art by Don Figueroa and covers by Don Fgueroa and Andrew Wildman

OPTIMUS PRIME and Spike Witwicky have a chat that could define the future of AUTOBOT and human relations! But lest you think it’s all talky-talk, back at RODIMUS’ camp something big happens, something very big. A game-changing event in IDW’s TRANSFORMERS, with a Don Figueroa double-page spread that has to be seen to be believed!

On Sale March 31, 2010

[​IMG]

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Awesome. Can't wait to read this! Hope it's as good as the last issue.

3. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can't wait to see all 5 of the Stunticons in action. Also can't wait to see everyone's faces when they form Menasor. Hot Rod is gonna feel like an idiot lol.

4. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I like the direction the story is moving in. And I utterly love the cover showing the five Stunticons. Don's done a fantastic job with his re-imagining of them.

5. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    Sex sex sex sex sex

I see that its moving towards that
    piece of artwork we saw on Figs deviantart page which had OP battling Menasor (dual wielding none the less)

6. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    This is one of the times where I hope the humans get what's coming to them. Spike is so... unlikeable as the "human hero".

7. Oracle_Aesir

Oracle_Aesir Outback is back

News Credits:
    Wow...Optimus does stuff

Maybe Spike will get stepped on "by accident" at some point soon?

8. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    I really dig the conversation between Spike and Prime. Hopefully we'll get more of that in this issue.

9. Tux Chaos X

Tux Chaos X Spades Slick

I'm glad the introspective Prime from his Spotlight is making a slow comeback; I always enjoyed the idea of Optimus recognizing the burden of his position and always, in the back of his mind, questioning the various decisions he's made throughout the years. Let's hope they keep it up even after he (invariably) returns as leader.

10. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Looks interesting. I've always been a fan of Don's and I really like the artwork on this new series (though I still love the old G1 style more, instead of the cross between G1 & movie style). The story has been pretty good so far and I'm really diggin' the Stunticons here. Definitely looking forward to seeing Menasor.

Overall, I'm just glad we have Optimus Prime still IN a story, instead of being injured or at death's door (as we've seen in some of DW's & IDW's past comics). Now let's just hope he returns to lead. I like Hot Rod, just not in this leader type role.

11. dragon

dragon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i like the art but in some panels some times you cant make out the faces or the bot hey draws them from a distance who is that you can make it out soemtimes but close ups are good waiting for tpb

12. enkidoamark

enkidoamark Well-Known Member

I like the fact that we are getting development. OP's dialog there is interesting and the whole "burden of command" element is always welcome. Last issue's development of Thundercracker was great. I'm just ready for something to happen. I like building towards things. I like multiple lines of events coming together to reach a climax. I like angst and character developement. We're getting some good storybuilding elements here, but it feels like they've forgotten the core ethos here (robots fighting/good versus evil) to a certain extent and the fact that in a comic book, there's only so long you can go without some action before the audience drifts off to see what happened this month in Blackest Night. I'm still interested, I'm still reading, but it seems like this story arc is taking a long time to get to anything really happening (as opposed to people talking about something happening).

13. Irv Gotti

Irv Gotti I'm Rick James B%#ch!!

It looks like all the "they're giving Spike an unshaven look to make him look more bad ass" comments have proven to be unfounded. It appears that Spike is simply getting worn out from his job. I'm really enjoying the return of Introspective Prime. One of the things I've always liked reading about Prime was his ability to recognize the burdens that come with leadership due to the consequences of making any decision even if it's for all the right reasons. Costa is really displaying his writing skills with his ability flesh out characters through good dialog. Can't wait for Menasor to start wreckin' house.:thumbs2: 

14. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    And slowly, we are beginning to peel away some of the concealing layers that create the enigma that is Optimus Prime...

I like his surprised look in the bottom panel of the 2nd page after Spike says "Why would you say that?". He kinda looks a little dumbfounded that his beliefs about the humans may have been wrong. Then on the next page, Spike turns around and says "Okay. No. No, i don't."

Spike still seems to be an unlikable ass. It's like he's messing around with Optimus and confusing him for fun now. And just look at the way he's sitting with his fingerstips pressed together in the bottom panel of the 3rd page. Way too relaxed and unbothered that he's got the leader of the Autobots caged and is attempting to squeeze him for information.