Transformers 4?!?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by jon3pnt0, Jan 10, 2010.

1. jon3pnt0

jon3pnt0 EpicVoiceGuy

News Credits:
    A thought occurred to me -- If we all thought Spider-Man was going to be a trilogy and it ended up getting a fourth film, is it not possible for Transformers to get the same treatment?

We all know how greedy the people making movies are as it is and they will milk every dollar they can from Transformers as long as the teets are still warm and giving milk. So do they really HAVE to cram everything we really want to see into the third film? I'm DYING to see some kind of Unicron story but they aren't really building up to anything in particular. In fact, the entire second movie did not really have anything to do with the Transformers' story and could have never been made and we really wouldn't have missed it. The first film doesn't have very much to do with the second as far as story goes other than character development and much cooler scenes. I would have assumed being a trilogy that there would be a series of events that help move the story along but I just don't see much more than eye-candy in number two. There was plenty I could have lived without... the pretender, Devastator, the twins... none of which was very relevant to the overall story. Don't get me wrong, I like the movie... it was fun to watch, but from a plot-perspective, I just don't think it was all that necessary. They didn't do what I would have liked them to do with the Matrix but at least it was included. The space bridge and Soundwave were nice to have but don't really have any meaning in the overall story. The only things that really expanded the story were the little bits and pieces mentioned about Energon and the hatchlings. I find it very hard to believe that our planet is the only source for Energon. I would much rather see more of the big battle scenes and Cybertronian War. Sorry to have rambled on so long... I just don't see much in 2 to tie in to a REALLY EPIC 3 other than Megs and SS surviving and Prime is alive (yay!).

2. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

A fourth film is likely because studios love franchises. They are safer bets than a brand new project as they can use the success of the film before to almost guarantee a good return for the next film.

Only down side to a franchise is that franchises run out of steam at some point and need a major overhaul to win back the big box office returns. Look at how James Bond and Batman needed major makeovers.

So the real question isn't so much will there be a fourth film but will a fourth film be in the same style or has the ship already sailed for the current style. If the third film is like Revenge of the Fallen then we may be in need of a relaunch on the fourth film. Yes the second film made money but it also has a good deal of negative buzz that could hurt the third film. If things are somehow turned around and refreshed in the third film then the fourth film might be in the same style if everyone agrees to a new contract.

The direction of the fourth film is really going to rest totally on what the third film does in both box office and public opinion.

3. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I highly doubt that Michael Bay's going to be willing to do Movie #4.

4. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I say this. End the trilogy on a good note and revamp the sereis with a new style to keep people interested. Why not something based on Beast Wars?

5. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Oh jeez... Neo-TRUKK NOT MUNKY...

TRUKK NOT MUNKY II; MUNKY'S GOAST.

6. ryan.j

ryan.j Well-Known Member

isn't TRUKK NOT MUNKY just a more snappily named version of GUNN NOT INSAYN PURPAL CANON anyway?

people hate change, it gets them all riled up. bring on the change i say - the frothing is always brilliant to wath.

7. Xaddion

Xaddion ...

News Credits:
    Maybe, but perhaps not part of the trilogy.

8. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

With Michael Bay at the wheel? No, please no. But I wouldn't doubt it, but since the actors are showing more and more disdain for Bay, I would doubt that they would want to do movie 4. Spider Man really shouldn't have #4 IMO, but it is to be and I will go see it none the less

9. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm fine with Bay helming, but I think the actors won't stick around for too many more. Fox was bored out of her mind in ROTF, as for Shia it looked like he was putting in a tremendous amount of effort to make even the simple scenes feel natural.

Look at Fox anytime she is not saying anything, or even when she is saying something, she's just gazing around, extremely bored. When Sam is complaining to Simmons about having "a crabbot plung a device deep into his brain", Fox almost looks asleep with her eyes open.

10. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I agree that I can't see much reason for Spiderman 4 to be part of the series.

I loved the second Spiderman movie and it was just about everything I could have hoped for out of a Spiderman movie. But after the third movie I'm really not that crazy about the current series any more. Seems like too many Spiderman villains are getting killed off so I'd like to see a fresh start.

Perhaps a new Spiderman crew would try something really crazy like Spiderman vs the Sinister Six.

Unless Transformer 3 is really different I can't say that I'm very excited for a Transformers 4 when I'm not even excited about Transformers 3. I think it's going to take a new creative team to bring back the excitement.

11. MACRAPTRON

MACRAPTRON Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    never heard of that before.

12. MACRAPTRON

MACRAPTRON Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    She's just a horrible actress, what does it have to do with her not wanting to return for a 4th movie?

13. Shadow25

News Credits:
    Even though I like Bay's take, I agree. The great thing about film adaptations is how many ways a creative team can actually adapt a franchise. SpiderMan was done successfully by Raimi and his team, and now seems to be losing some steam. With his films having run their course, we can possibly look forward to a new interpretation by a new director. That doesn't mean we'll look upon the previous incarnation with disdain but we can look forward to something new. After Bay's films have run their course I'd like to see what someone else can do with the TF brand. Is that because I dislike Bay's work to date? No, it's because a new face will keep things fresh and exciting, and possibly better.

14. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Assuming, of course, that all change is always good.

15. Shadow25

News Credits:
    True, she may return if no one else will hire her (which is actually likely). But actors have grown out of roles before, like Batman. Not the best example, since each actor who played Batman actually had options. Fox might get stuck with this and be even worse as she loses more interest.

16. ryan.j

ryan.j Well-Known Member

i was failing at funny, it was a reference to megs becoming galvatron in the '86 movieverse.

17. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    That would be the happiness moment in my life. I'll see that one for sure. I would love to have a movie Rattrap or Optimus Primal figure. Munky not Trukk.

18. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    Because it just wouldn't work. Beast Wars was a fun cartoon, and it deserves to be left alone.

As for the original question, I can't stand another live-action Transformers movie. If the third one actually does worse than ROTF, the chances for a fourth movie would go down the crapper.

19. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

i like see primus and unicorn in tf 4 movie

20. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    That's true, because look at how much they had to pay him to not go away for a few months on #3.