Transformers 4 Will Happen with or Without Michael Bay?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by rich_prime, Feb 23, 2011.

1. mikeyfuzz

mikeyfuzz Newly converted GIJoe fan

Ebay:
    I call REBOOT

2. Agent-GHQ

Agent-GHQ Accept the unacceptable

Ebay:
    Like in Batman, I want to see Chris Nolan's version of The Transformers: More than meets the eyes. Brilliant work in all his movies!

3. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    This.

4. astig

astig Optimus Prime's Driver

News Credits:
    Transformers 4: Rise of the gobots

5. SwitchPrime

SwitchPrime Wrecker

Ebay:
    Id like a 4th, I wouldnt mind if it was the same cast and stuff, but it would also be cool if we saw later where Sam and Carly got married and had Daniel. It would be years later and mostly revolve around Daniel

6. Trypticon 2010

Trypticon 2010 Well-Known Member

I think Hasbro wouldn't do a reboot for quite a few years, they'd want to milk this continuity with toys for a few more years. Eventually they'll do a reboot and a new toy line.

7. SwitchPrime

SwitchPrime Wrecker

Ebay:
    Id also like to see a single tf based story, like the whole story is based around him and his battle. Or a WRECKERS film would be AWESOME but it NEVER gonna happen. (unless theres a fan out there that has enough money to produce a B-movie lol)

8. Driftx3

Driftx3 lord of all things robot

News Credits:
    For the love of all that's holy make it stop! No more with this craphole continuity.

Get a heroin addicted monkey as a writer, and a blind man as a director, then forget the film they write/shoot and just save their respective shits they take during the production. Film the piles, and you got a movie 1000 times better than the whole Bay franchise...

9. Trypticon 2010

Trypticon 2010 Well-Known Member

Wow.

While some of the ideas and plot lines in this continuity I don't enjoy, the films could have been so much worse! We could have had Batman and Robin levels of crapness.

10. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    I'm not saying TF4 should be a reboot. I just think it makes since in that the trilogy would end the story of Sam, Sector 7, and the Allspark relics.

A different roster of characters in the same universe Could work.
    Another human protagonist mainly.

11. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've been saying this since the 'trilogy' discussion began a few years ago. Assuming Dark of the Moon rakes in gobs of cash (which it will) Hasbro will want a 4th,5th and even 6th movie within a short time frame. And they will make Bay a deal he can't refuse. He's is the face of the brand in Hollywood and to the general public and he will be so for some time to come. Bay will be back and the movie franchise will be as strong as ever.

12. bumblebear

bumblebear Well-Known Member

If do TF4 I want GRIMLOCK in there!!!!!

13. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

I´m ok with both ways. But I would like to see Bay continue, only to see some fans nerdrage some more.

Oh , who am I kidding, even if it´s not Bay, fans will nerdrage.

14. Skyclaw

Skyclaw 6 Types of Madness!

When Transformers: the movie first came out i heard that Bay had intentions of doing 6 movie for Transformers, but now i assume DOTM is the last of it and it should be! This franchise needs to be on Hiatus for awhile like Lucas did with Starwars, but i know that more of a money issue with George back then, compared with Bay and current technology nowadays. I say Transformers needs to take a break for a long while, but keep up the story with books for a couple of years and then bring it back out, but introduce Rodimus and Galvatron as the new leaders.

15. Jericho

Jericho Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why would anyone want a reboot now? It hasn't even been 10 years!

Do another movie, remove ROTF from our memories and then we can have a trilogy. I thought Bay had said before he wanted to use Unicron down the road?

16. alephnull2005

alephnull2005 Banned

I got an idea, make a Transformers movie!!! All I've seen so far are The Adventures of Sam Witwicky (co-starring those wacky Transformers). Have the Transformers be the main characters!! Not a reason for an action scene! Let mike bay be the action unit director or something, but don't let him edit(shoot4it!)!!! Oh and redesign them so the human eye can track them properly, we don't need 15,000,000 moving parts on each one.

17. Kraken2009

Kraken2009 Megatron's Right Hand

To be honest, I don't take anything Bay says seriously.

I won't rule out a TF 4 until they explicitly say NO, and if there is one, I won't rule Bay out until they officially announce a director.

18. Repainted

Repainted Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    TF4? Definitely, especially if the movie lives up everyone's expectations that it'll be "the best so far. (thought I doubt they'd have sold the previous 2 short of rave reviews either). Reboot, Hell no. Film franchises are getting to do it too often and Transformers in general do it way way too often as it were. How many eras/incarnations of Prowls, Blitzwings, Soundwaves, Optimus Primes, Starscreams, Ironhides, Ratchets, Cyclonuses, Scorponoks, Bumblebees, Jazzs, Sideswipes, etc, etc do we need anyways? It's bad enough you have to specify what era a favorite character is from because of how overdone it is (hence why some were so heated that Animated ended because of TF Prime). Keep what's there and if Transformers doesn't do another film for 20 years or so, don't try to do selective continuity bridging like they did with that Superman film some 5 years ago then just reboot.

19. toyman

toyman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    TF3 will make tons of money. Hasbro will want more movies. That is, unless the Hasbro shareholders suddenly stop liking money ;) 

So, I have a crazy idea.......how about a second trilogy set around the same story as the original 1986 Animated Movie. Basically just take the animated movie, update the story to fit within the constraints of what has or will have already happened and then break it up into a three part second trilogy. It would be a great way to retire some of the older live action movie characters and bring in a whole new cast along with a whole new batch of toys.

Sam would not have to necessarily be a character but his and Carly's son, Daniel, would be.

And I'm pretty sure there are other directors and producers out there in Hollywoodland that know how to blow stuff up. Roland Emmerich anyone??? Roland Emmerich - IMDb

It could work.

Oh, and Linkin Park would be contractually obligated to do a cover of Stan Bush's "The Touch":dj 

20. Oracle_Aesir

Oracle_Aesir Outback is back

News Credits:
    Perhaps the 4th movie will be a prequel set a long time ago in a time of peace which shows how the kind kid Seymour Simmons turns into the maniacal Agent Simmons we've all known from the first 3 movies, and the 6th movie will show the birth of Sam, the chosen one to unite the Cybertronian race

Or not, I'm just happy there's a 4th movie on the table