Transformers 4 to have lower Budget & the Story set in Space?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by UltraAlanMagnus, Jun 21, 2012.

1. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If this movie is FULL of Transformers I will be dissapointed.

2. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    This sounds interesting. I'm already pumped because there's alot you can do and alot we can see. I'm guessing they could go with Unicron since everyone else bit it.

3. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    Let Bay's Misinformation campaign begin!!! :D 

4. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Medic

News Credits:
    Never before has a man contradicted himself on so many levels in a single paragraph.

I mean, sheesh. The first three are history... but they still count... but we're going in a different direction!?

COULD YOU BE ANY MORE AMBIGUOUS!?

5. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think it's a Pirates of the Carribean 4-esque sequel. Still canon with the old movies, but a ton of the cast is different and the old story doesn't have much to do with the new one.

6. hoosierdaddy04

hoosierdaddy04 The Lord of Diecast

Just bring in all of the G1 Wreckers and show them thrashing Decepticons from planet to planet ending on earth where they join up with Optimus condemn him for the destruction of cybertron go rouge and hunt down the scattered Decepticon forces across the continents and call it a day Bay.

7. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    that makes sense to me.. the first three are history.. as in.. they're part of the history that's going into the movie.. not that they're thrown in the trash and don't factor in whatsoever.

they're allowed to go in a different direction while still holding true to the canon they've created so far.

i just hope that this won't put a death nail in our big screen franchise. .. i'm hoping he's seen/will see the avengers, the dark knight, and the dark knight rises (cause i assume it'll too be great).. and gives us something worthwhile.

8. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    If anyhone is to voice Space case it must be Kevin Spacey.

secondly, I really dont wanna see unicron in the live action bayformers movies because i know that he'll be offed in a most offensively stupid fashion, most likely by Shia Le beouf

thirdly, i dont mind the movie aesthetic, i'm just tired of the current cast, especially of buying their toys, hopefully they'll whip up a brand spankin new cast of charactor for the story, and a new batch of toys to sell. i already have 13 movieverse bumblebees, 7 megatrons, 10 optimus primes, 4 ironhides, 3 ratchets, 5 starscreams, 3 barricades, 4 sideswipes, and 4 each of skids and mudflap, im ready for something new

9. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    This sounds a bit promising actually. Not a full reboot but still kind of a fresh start. I quite like the sound of a smaller budget at too, I think less robots and big set pieces would help the film very much. In the first movie the robots were spectacle, but the sequels just got overstuffed with robots and bigger and bigger action sequences that made them feel dull.

10. PrimesRule

PrimesRule Banned

News Credits:
    Exactly what I was thinking... And a beautiful idea, it is.

11. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Only thing I don't really like is cutting the budget. Say what you will about Bay, from all accounts, he is great at stretching a budget, but I don't want the 4th to be some throw together box office grab (for me, the same may be said about the 2nd, and for some all of them). I don't like when a series just becomes a cash grab, and I hope that is not reflected in the cut in budget. On that note, watched DOTM again last night for the first time in a while, and it really isn't bad for entertainment. Cant say that I have watched ROTF all that many times since getting it on DVD.

12. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    ¤sob¤ oh my precious beast wars.....

13. Darksyde Prime

Darksyde Prime Banned

I think maybe they will try a WFC/FOC themed bots with cybertron alt modes...then they basically can make whatever the hell they want for vehicle modes....

14. lenimusprime

lenimusprime Well-Known Member

he doesnt wana get to scifi!
    so i guess that means giant robots from the planet cybertron who transform into cars and plans doesnt count as scifi then

15. Aussietrooper20

Aussietrooper20 Active Member

I just hope its about Unicron bringing the decepticons back, and turning Megatron to galvatron just like in G1. I hope the transformers look better this time, and i hope the Dinobots come to life. Soundwave should be that vehicle from fall of cybertron or a military spy tank with laserbeak as his tape of some type, and wheeljack should be fixed better. I would prefer G1 type of looks, not man made type, and the headmasters and target masters should come in.

16. Hambo

Hambo Well-Known Member

By the cast change I wonder if that is just the humans or autobots?

17. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How Transformers 4 SHOULD be:

The whole cast should be only Voice actors for the Transformers.

18. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    I think you've misread his statement... the first three are THE history... as in, the past, as opposed to the present that the 4th movie will take place in.

I don't know, to me it sounds very strange to cut such a significant amount of budget on a franchise that has done nothing but print money for everyone involved.

Thanks for sharing.

19. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Quintessons I guess, Or the 3rd and 4th season of Transformers the original cartoon.

20. dare

dare Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Less Budget = Less CGI = less Robot time = more stupid human hijinks to fill the 2.5 hours

hurrah. shoot me now.