Transformers 4 Revealed

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Sumner Sturgeon

Sumner Sturgeon It's not easy being the best~

One has to wonder whether it's even worth it to try and make things for a fandom like this one. In this thread alone, we've got Geewunners, the "3rd parties rule!"-crowd, the "omfg I'm so much smarter than hasblow" people...Hasbro's essentially facing a lose-lose situation here. There's not a damn thing they can do with the brand that won't be violently shouted down by angry fanboys.

2. Meggamus

Meggamus I want FOC figures!!

I honestly hope Optimus is still in the movie (I am fairly certain that he will be in it) but im not worried about the others.
    I'm thinking they'll have Ultra Magnus, hotrod, springer etc with galvatron and his crew.

I Honestly wish at this point that they did a reboot cos the story (unless they pull a great one out of the bag) is pretty much run into the ground. I didnt want a reboot at first but since I've seen DOTM and the more I think about it , the more I want one.

I don't even think the aesthetic designs should change much but aslong as the characters look like who they are ment to be

But this "New Cast" thing we keep hearing sounds interesting

3. 420bot

420bot ******

Yeah, all BB's.

Anyway, just ignore all my comments... today is a bad day all around.

I've pretty much cashed in my chips when it comes to TF live action movies and toylines.

Not to mention everything else they are focused on now at Hasbro.

4. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    I can see this movie failing without Bumblebee or Optimus. They'll have to have some damn good characters if they want it to make money.

5. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    TF3 toys didn't sell because they were cheap and poorly done (Which is only getting worse by now), and BUMBLESPAAAAAAMMM

6. bman29

bman29 Dancitron

Ebay:
    Its been said that TF4 was going to be a soft reboot of sorts. Some characters would move forward, some won't. I expect Optimus and Bumblebutt to come back with new designs(new toys) and new characters. I personally would like Simmons to come back. I think he knows a lot about the Transformers on earth that one make him useful. Plus Epps would be another good one. But other than that have new people. I just fear if its a shoddy story it'll be another crapfest like the last Pirates of the Caribbean film.

Hope Eren Kruger does something fresh with the story. Would like to see more of the breakdown of cybertronian society leading up to why the war started.

The TF3 toyline just stunk because nothing was new and a portion of america is out of work. Repaints and the endless sea of Bumblebees just blows. I still would've liked to seen a leader class Megatron.

7. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Actually, I'd say that's accurate and was at least 75% of the problem. The other 25% can be blamed on the sudden shrinkage complimented with a higher retail cost, shitty selection of figures/characters, and the ridiculous cheap ass unpainted look of everything. Everything about the TF3 toys just felt & looked phoned in - like they were only produced and on shelves because they needed *something* in stores. But at the end of the day, even with all that, there's still only so many Bumblebee's & Prime's with a new hat that kids want and/or parents/collectors are willing to buy.

8. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

i wait see 4th tfs movie story be
    i wait see 4th movie tfs cast be

9. MetalicGrunt

MetalicGrunt Rust Proof Commando

News Credits:
    As it seems Hasbro finally gets it, too much Bee and Prime, and they admit it, their stock price is rising nicely today!

With TF4 now announced, do this kinda indicate TF Prime will last only another season or will it go to 4 seasons? What about the Prime line, when does that get killed in order for Hasbro to begin making new molds for TF4? would I be wrong to assume it would take 12-18 months to get a new toy line set up, considering major new remolds/ new characters?

10. Transmetal

Transmetal Well-Known Member

It's kinda funny because as much as hasbro likes repaint's they couldn't give us all 3 dreads? New heads and a 4 leg type beast mode for one as i said, list it on hasbro toy shop.

11. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    well bay said this film is not a reboot or type of reboot but a actual sequel

12. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    i doubt tf4 will affect Prime, look DOTM didnt affected Prime at all

13. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    A lot of stuff has been said.
    No way of telling till we see more.

14. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There's no need to "reinvent" just improve what needs to be improved.

Oh well,

15. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    Gotta be careful- this post reads like it was written by an angry fanboy.

Besides- HASBRO doesn't make things for the fandom- we don't count. Remember?
    They do things for everyone else.

Laugh my ass off it TF 4 revolved around Dark Energon. Then Movie Bumblebee can have more in common with PRIME BB and FoC BB.

Yeah- bring back Orci and Kurtzman so they can write parallels between PRIME and the movies.

16. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Michael Bay can barely follow his movie's own scripts, you think he will follow a series bible from some random video game and cartoon?

I honestly doubt TF4 will have anything to do with Aligned.

17. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    DOTM was a box office hit. The toy line may not have seen the same success and despite the shrinking figures and missing paint apps, I quite enjoyed a lot of them. Cyberverse was the best thing to come out of the DOTM toy line. I think in addition to retreading the same ol' characters, it was just a matter of bad business decisions such as crappy case assortments (too many Bees and Optimii), horrible distribution, and withholding figures of certain characters from seeing retail at all (or waiting too long for the later waves to the point that the major brick and mortar places just didn't want them anymore after the earlier waves peg/shelf-warmed).

Not sure what they could do to improve the franchise at this point but I'm optimistic that TF4 will do something different. And as much crap as Bay gets for his movies, they have helped to make Transformers a household name again for many new generations of kids and fans alike. We would not be seeing the resurgence of TF shows, video games, and toy lines without Bay, to my thinking.

18. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    As far as that is concerned, the Aligned can barely follow itself.
    So the Movieverse can only add to the richness of it all.

:lol 

19. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's right... I'm gonna be one of the very few here most likely to eschew cynicism and instead say that- for the most part- I adore what Hasbro has done in being very coy and strategic in how they've positioned Transformers nationally and internationally. I won't go into their other IP's because frankly I don't care and it's outside the scope of this messageboard. Transformers as a brand is incredibly strong with kids as young as 4-6 being fully aware of who Optimus Prime and BB are, which is of course awesome for brand recognition strength, toy sales, more product for collectors, etc. Could they do certain things differently and better, of course, but overall Transformers is very strong and I'm happy for that in all the ways you'd imagine any fan would be.

As far as TF4... new characters seems like a great idea, but do they dare fore go some iteration of Optimus Prime and BB in favor of a whole new cadre of recruits? Or perhaps Hasbro simply meant a new 'covering' for these bots, but still essentially these characters? And with Bay onboard what will this mean for how things will inevitably be 'movie-ized'?

20. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike MP & TF Collector

Ebay:
    After months and months finally Hasbro sheds some light on the TF Brand,I am glad to hear they are trying to bring the line to the US. Also I am really glad they are bringing back Stretch Armstrong,I always had fun pulling his arms and legs when I was a kid,great toy to play with and you could never break him.

But I admit I was worried the TF Line was ending but I am so glad its not,maybe now I won't mind so much paying the extra dough for figures if they are gonna be made here in the US.Thanks Hasbro and hope everything goes good with that.