Minor/Repaint: Transformers 4 AOE Crosshairs mod

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by me!!, Apr 11, 2014.

1. swOd

swOd Search and Wrescue

That looks way better,bud. Nice. I was thinking about also doing a headswap with a Cybertron Smokescreen to give him a more Classics noggin as well. Dig these mods.

2. cyclonus8

cyclonus8 Well-Known Member

Thanks for showing these off. I finally got one today and was thinking about adding waist articulation with a large ball joint. The problem I'm coming across is getting a clean, straight cut through his torso design.

3. phantro

phantro Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    all your mods are incredible
    I am saving this to do it later on mine
    Great job man!

4. me!!

me!! hey it's me.

Goggles mod

So still haven't figure out how to do the shoulders and still waiting for some parts, i did this quick(not really) and easy(nope) mod.

i bought the kreon set of both scorn and crosshairs one day and at another day i had this weird crazy idea to give crosshairs his goggles..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tutorial time:!

[​IMG]

i numbered the steps in the image above

Step 1:

- Sand/Cut down the current goggles in the figure until they are no longer present.
    - The second outlined part of the figures head is where we want to actually do some sanding. estimate or guess(like what i did) on how would you like those circle parts to be sanded down but i strongly suggest to not sand down these parts too much but just a moderate amount until it feels alright to you (you can do a test fit with the new goggles to help you with the guessing)

Step 2:

- after sanding all that stuff, we want to drill holes on each side of the head (shown in the image) thats not to deep but that would fit the new goggles pegs. I suggest to use the new goggles to help with the estimation on where to drill your holes cause this could lead to major mistakes. (i just used a normal cutter for this to make the holes. )

Step 3:

- the head should look like this when your about done( or more cleaner than mine, kinda was testing here and there)

(second picture shows there is two holes that i drilled here this is where im warning you sbout this simple mistake that could be made if your not careful. this will lead to the new goggles not move up and down or it wont fit the head at all.)

- make sure everything's lined up/looks dandy

Step 4:

- So i took the Kreon's goggles to do this. any version of him works.

- in the second picture for this step, in the outlined parts i sanded and cut off excess plastic that would hinder the up and down movement.

- You can also lightly bend the goggles sides to make them more secure and tight in the figure.

Step 5:

- the tiny pegs from the goggles (outlined) will fit in the new holes that you made in the figures head( outlined)

- sand stuff down if needed.

Step 6:

- your done!

sorry if that sounds weird, but i was always never too good at explaining things haha..
    still need to resculpt the head and sand some parts down but..
    \thats it for m=now

5. silverbolt25

silverbolt25 Well-Known Member

So was it difficult to do the neck mod?

6. cnomis

cnomis Well-Known Member

You really really luv him, don't u. i will try all of your tricks when i get this guy. i think he is full of characteristic.

7. CaptainX1

CaptainX1 Well-Known Member

sand the rough edge of the panel where it was cut off and then glue the tab into place...that would work, right?

8. f-primusunicron

f-primusunicron i just wanna be loved

News Credits:
    sadly it still isnt the crosshairs i loved from the movie, -_- the car kibble still doesnt resemble the awesome trenchcoat
    but gotta admit, the neck, and arms look way better and the goggles are just perfect
    the backpack mod while seems to fix somehow the hunchback look he had, stilld doesnt do for me
    but anyway, you have really done a great job improving this figure

9. AzNtRoN89

AzNtRoN89 jdm autobot

Ebay:
    Thx for the diy buddy ^_^