Transformers 4 and Transformers: Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by IndividusDumbus, Jun 4, 2012.

?

Would you like to see stories from TF:Prime in the next movie?

1. Yes.

12 vote(s)
    32.4%
  2. No.

24 vote(s)
    64.9%
  3. I don't watch Transformers: Prime.

1 vote(s)
    2.7%
  1. IndividusDumbus

IndividusDumbus Well-Known Member

As a person who watches Transformers: Prime, i find the storylines they have pretty much amazing. I think that they are better than the ones we got in the trilogy. And when the news about a TF: Prime movie came, as well as for a 4th movie, i thought: why not merge them? An animated movie will in no way be as profitable as a Bay one, but the story of the Bay one won't be as good as the Prime one. Bay can either take some stories from Prime, or even better, merge the development of the movies, have Bay direct, no more, keep the writers from the animation.
    What do you think about that?

2. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

OH GOD NO! I prefer Prime but its stories are the worst problem it has. Everything is a huge let down. Orion Pax, Megatron VS Starscream, Breakdown, the very reason for the title, what it means to be a Prime, isn't really coming through (I know they have some of that with Jack but that is so minor, it isn't worth naming the series after). If there is one advantage the movies have over Prime, it's that they don't wast every story.

3. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    :lolol  are you kidding? Storytelling in the movies is an utter mess! You might not like Prime's way of resolving things quickly, but at least in Prime the elements of storytelling are present and clearly delineated - whereas in the movies, it's a jumbled mess of quick cuts, extraneous action,....

4. soundwaverulls

At least they don't wast every big opportunity. Plus, if things go the way they were for DOTM, we'll get a pretty decent novel.

5. Strarf

Strarf Toy Battles Reloaded TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Did you even watch RotF?

6. soundwaverulls

Oh right. I achieved what everyone has always dreamed of doing. I forgot about ROTF.

7. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Sorry, can't hear you.

I'm still behind the fact that the movies didn't throw away a character who was in the middle of his arc, leaving every time he received said development and said arc was set up a complete waste of time. And they didn't set up a unique and interesting situation with the star character just to go back to the status quo.

In other words, the movies aren't that stupid.

8. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

i want see new tfs go to neublos in tf 4

9. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    There was a Prime movie confirmed?!
    HELL YEAAAAHHH!!!

10. Primewave

Primewave amiinterrupting

News Credits:
    I want them to use MECH in some form or how they used Unicron would be better than the Planet-sized Unicron for the film.

11. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

I find it hilarious that the OP thinks the Prime stories are amazing and better than the plots of the movies, when in fact it's the same guys who wrote the first two Bayformers films doing all the writing for Prime.

But on topic; NO. Prime is excruciatingly boring with each successive episode in S2 for me (except Triage, that was the first episode that I've genuinely liked in the show for a long while), since all they're doing is just doing TF: Armada all over again (or as a friend pointed out, it's more like the typical episode structure from Xaolin Showdown but with a few more bad guys and less character development).

Seriously, I find Rescue Bots to be FAR more entertaining than Prime more often than not, and that show doesn't even have any major fighting with Decepticons.

12. HoneyPrime

HoneyPrime ♥♥ Smokescreen ♥♥

I believe that the two guys who wrote the first two movies are not doing the writing, they are Executive Producers of Prime.

I like the writing and stories of Prime. They are not all perfect but I still enjoy them. Some of them can be expanded on and made into a movie. The Orion Pax arc comes to mind.

13. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Not 100% confirmed, they only said they have been talking about it

14. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Bob and Alex are the producers of TFP, they have no involment in the writting of the show at all

15. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No. Let the movies do their own thing. Most of the stuff in Prime isn't that good anyway.

16. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

No.

The movies have had their problems, but Prime has had its own problems too. I would have no interest in Prime's story being added to the movies.

17. Twintwist8

Twintwist8 Banned

Ebay:
    I like the stories of Prime, but not sure about the "writing" ... Optimus just seems to be the blandest Prime of all the TV shows ever made. I love TF: Prime, don't get me wrong, but some of the writing itself has a bit to be desired. I mean we even have a Megatron that seems to looks evil and shifty with a personality that's seems even flatter than G1 Megatron. I guess when it comes to CGI TF Beast Wars spoiled me to some extent, and TF: Prime is NOT Beast Wars. It's not crafty, it's tries to be epic without 'feeling' epic... I know that makes no sense, but it's the only way I can explain it. Even Beast Wars with its limited effects and CGI seemed more "open" than Prime does. If wanting TF 4 to incorporate stories from TF Prime, means making Prime a wuss, loss his memory and make Unicron Earth itself... then go ahead and go for it. Like we have much of a choice.

It just feels wierd that it took nearly 2 seasons for me to really get into the characters of Prime, for a TF show I can't wait to watch each week, but have no desire to watch "over and over". And I think it falls to the script for the characters that help mold their personalities. Starscream and Bulkhead seem to be the only exceptions for me. I mean, I'm tired of Bumblebee nothing but noises, and Soundwave not having a voice of his own, that the majority of the decepticons are clones or batches of nameless insecticons (except one).

18. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hell no!!!

19. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I'd go for it. Like maybe have Arcee be like her Prime self in robot and color wise,Introuduce Bulkhead in it,and mabye have Cliffjumper be like his Prime self where he's not a repaint of Bumblebee. And if Unicron's going to be in it it makes sense if they go for the route it has in Prime where he's at the Earth's core. It's more realistic for the films.

I rather have the Prime film instead but I wouldn't mind it at all if TF4 has elements of Prime.

And by the way Autobot Burnout The guys who wrote the first two films aren't writing Prime at all they're only producing it. There's a difference.

I enjoy the writing,tone,and pace for Prime. Maybe it's not on the levels of Beast Wars and Animated yet but it's still worlds above the writing the past TF shows at least. It
    's not perfect yes but what show is?